• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Balance Pampered Chef and Full Time Job

In summary, the person said they work full time and are excited to start their SS2 month. They said they hope to get 2-3 more shows booked in June and then kick it up in July and August. They said they need to schedule PC just like everything else and that they will develop a schedule once they get into their routine.
AlowayFamily
Gold Member
There was mention of this in another thread, so I thought I would just start a new thread on it so we can talk about it.

Would love to hear from experienced (or organized:D ) consultants who have tips and tricks for managing your busy life with PC. I work full-time, and thankfully my job is a bit slow right now (not sure if that is a good thing), so I have time to concentrate on PC. But when business picks up and I am really busy, I need some tips on how to balance the work life with PC.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, I was just going to post this...you stole my post ;) ;)

I am about to start working FT on the 12th of June, I am very excited about it after staying at home for 3 years. I have not had a very good go of things PC wise (since moving my biz) until April and things started to pick up, now they have really picked up...of course this would happen when I went back to work :rolleyes:, so I am at a loss as to how I am going to juggle my job, PC, DH, my 10 y/o son and his football and my 2 y/o twins.

Any advice is greatly appreciated here too!!

I've been at it for 5.5 yearsWith a full time job. What I found I needed to do was set aside specific nights for PC. Monday is bad and you both know why. First day back to the grind and you feel pretty ugh, when you get home. That always comes through when making phone calls. So I schedule phone calls on the night that works for me. Sunday. You have to find one that works for you. Then I make sure I have "home days" where I do my laundry and dishes and whatever. Then I have my PC days. This is usually Wednesday and Thursday for me. These are the nights I close shows, make follow up calls and whatever else I need to do.
The whole thing is simply putting in a schedule and sticking to it. But don't be too rigid if you have to plan something on a PC night.
Flexability is key. Use it to your advantage.
Good luck to you both!

I agree. You need to schedule PC just like everything else. I also work full time, have a 19 y/o daughter and a 4 y/o son. I try to do PC follow-up, calls, etc. at least 3 nights a week. I set 2 weeknights a month aside, for show (rarely have weeknight shows) and as at this point, as many weekend shows as possible. If I am home on the weekends, I will make calls Sat. mid-mornings and Sunday early evenings.

Most calls though are weeknights after 7:30 p.m. (when the bath/bedtime routine begins.)

It all works out, you will find your stride and it will start to flow. It's all about scheduling with some flexibility.

I haven't gotten into a busy schedule yet, as I am still trying to build the business. June is my SS2 month and I have been spending almost every evening at the computer (Hi, my name is Nancy and I am a chef success-aholic...:p ). I am also creating a lot of files and stuff to have ready for future business.

DH was talking to his parents on the phone last night and he said he never sees me anymore because I have been consumed by PC. He does support me and he is joking, but I don't want to make a habit of ignoring him every night. Although, before PC I sat on the sofa like a bump on a log and did nothing constructive....

Once I get into my routine with shows, I will develop the schedule. I need to do that, as I have been neglecting housework and everything else around the house.

I am glad to hear Saturday mornings and Sunday evenings work for calls, because I need to use Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for shows. My DH works late those evenings, so it is easy for me to be gone those nights and not affect him as much.

I have 5 cooking shows booked for June. I also have 2 catalog shows and 2 fundraisers going on. I hope to get 2 or 3 more shows for June and then kick it up for July and August, as I have nothing booked beyond June. So June will be my test for how I balance PC and the job.

Thanks for all your support and I love the advice!! Let me know any other tips you use to help us all be successful.

1. How can I balance my Pampered Chef business with my full-time job?

One way to balance your Pampered Chef business and full-time job is to create a schedule and stick to it. Set aside specific times for your Pampered Chef tasks, such as booking parties or placing orders, and make sure to prioritize your full-time job during your designated work hours.

2. Is it possible to make a significant income from Pampered Chef while working full-time?

Yes, it is possible to make a significant income from Pampered Chef while working full-time. Many consultants have successfully built their businesses while maintaining a full-time job. It takes dedication, time management, and a strong work ethic, but it is definitely achievable.

3. How can I effectively manage my time between my full-time job and Pampered Chef?

One way to effectively manage your time is to prioritize your tasks and delegate responsibilities. Focus on the most important tasks for both your full-time job and Pampered Chef and delegate any tasks that can be done by someone else in your team or household.

4. What are some tips for staying organized while balancing Pampered Chef and a full-time job?

Some tips for staying organized include using a planner or calendar to keep track of important dates and tasks, setting reminders for important deadlines, and using a filing system to keep track of paperwork and orders. It's also helpful to declutter your workspace regularly to avoid feeling overwhelmed.

5. How can I effectively communicate with my Pampered Chef customers while working full-time?

Utilizing technology can be a great way to effectively communicate with your Pampered Chef customers while working full-time. Use social media platforms, email, and text messaging to stay in touch with your customers and keep them updated on any promotions or new products. You can also schedule posts and messages in advance to save time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kari L Ferrell
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • wcsis
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
wcsis
  • wadesgirl