• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baking for My Son's Birthday Party: Tips and Tricks

Thanks! Your cakes are fantastic! I am just the worlds greatest copy-cat....I cannot come up with this stuff on my own but I can copy most anyhting! (the elmo was from a wilton pan ;) )I can send you the instructions for them if you want.
i have to ask, how many hours did this cake take!!

Making the rubber molds of the bottles took the longest. I think there were 7 layers and each had to dry. This was actually a pretty easy cake compared to a few of the other ones I have done. I would guess that it took about 6-8 hours not including the molds. But, I space it out over the week. I made the frosting and 2 bottles on Tues, the candy clay on Wed, the cakes and 2 bottles on Fri, frosted the cakes and covered them and made the rice crispy treats on Sat, and Sunday morning I made the last 2 bottles, cut out and placed the letters, covered the lid and did the cut outs did the ice and put it all together. 3 of the bottles are whole bottles, the other 3 are only the top halves.

Wow!! Great cake! I love the bottles and ice! I am going to have to join that forum now!!

Wow - it's been a long time since anyone posted pictures of their cakes! Where are all of our bakers?

Here's Jacob's birthday cake for this year:

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc293/lindachild/013.jpg http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc293/lindachild/012.jpg

Very cool Linda!

Gorgeous! My son wants a sports party. I love these cakes for inspiration. Thanks for posting.

SoooCool Linda! I showed my DH and he said "wow! That's cool!"I need to wrap my brain around a "Luigi" cake in the next week. Just not feeling inspired...

Wow! Awesome cake! What great memories you're giving him!

Oh Linda how I wish you were here in Florida this week.
Tomorrow is Sam's birthday part and I got no sleep last night and got caught in a rain storm today -- I am WIPED. I baked the cakes today to make his baseball cake...now I need to get up early tomorrow morning to frost them...
zzzzzzz

not too exciting but here is the cake I made for my boy..

IMG_2731.jpg

Those are great!
I love to make the kids their cakes (and always use the wilton as well) and my hand always is cramped up for a day LOL
The last one was a panda bear and that was ALOT of only 2 colors.

I definately have to look for the 3 star tip :)

Wow these are great.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • akrebecca
  • General Chat