• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baking Time/Temp for French Fry Cutter??

In summary, if you want French fries that are the same size as the ones that come with the French Fry Cutter, you will need to cut the potatoes the same way. You can also fry them with onions.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Ok, I've used my FF cutter and never kept track and have had successes and FAILURES with this and cooking times and temps and am wondering, what is the right cooking time/temp for doing regular French Fries?? I can't find anything listed on the Product Information Guide.

Here it is. You can find it on cc under recipe search, use & care, then key in French fry cutter and click on recipe.Perfect Oven Fries
*Ingredients:
1 1/2** lbs (700 g) russet potatoes (about 3 medium)
2** tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
1/2** tsp (2 mL) salt
*Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Trim top and bottom of potatoes, creating a flat base. Cut potatoes using French Fry Cutter.
2. Soak fries in cold water 5 minutes. Drain and blot dry with paper towels. Combine fries, oil and salt in a large mixing bowl; toss to coat. Arrange fries in an even layer over Large Sheet Pan or Large Bar Pan. Bake 36–40 minutes or until deep golden brown.
Yield: 4 servings Nutrients per serving: Calories 190, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 300 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 4 g © 2012 The Pampered Chef used under license.

Thanks Beth, I was looking under PIG, not under Use and Care. You've saved my kids tonight from well will they turn out tonight, lol :D

Anyone have any other good recipes for our FFC?

We make our own homestyle (hash brown) potatoes (not shredded - you know the little cubes). We cut the potato one way and then turn the strips on their sides and cut again. Perfect, all the same size cubes. Those smaller red potatoes work best. We also do onions. Onions only have to be cut once. They come apart into the cubes once the onion is cut with the FFC once. Then just fry them with oil or bacon grease. YUM!!

No exact measurements but I to the cut potatoes I've added parmesan cheese, panko crumbs, olive oil and parsley. Toss to coat and bake. Yummy!!

1. What is the recommended baking time and temperature for the French fry cutter?

The recommended baking time for the French fry cutter is typically 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. However, this may vary depending on the thickness of the fries and your desired level of crispiness.

2. Can I adjust the baking time and temperature for different types of potatoes?

Yes, baking time and temperature may need to be adjusted for different types of potatoes. For example, sweet potatoes may require a longer baking time at a lower temperature to ensure they are cooked through and crispy.

3. What is the best way to ensure evenly cooked fries with the French fry cutter?

To ensure evenly cooked fries, it is important to spread them out in a single layer on a baking sheet. This allows for proper air circulation and prevents the fries from steaming instead of crisping up.

4. Can I use a convection oven for baking fries with the French fry cutter?

Yes, a convection oven can be used for baking fries with the French fry cutter. However, the baking time may be slightly shorter due to the increased air circulation in a convection oven.

5. Is it necessary to flip the fries halfway through baking?

Yes, it is recommended to flip the fries halfway through baking to ensure they are evenly cooked on both sides. This also helps to achieve a crispy texture on all sides of the fries.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sassypip
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies