• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baked Potstickers

We used sweet & sour sauce @ one of our cluster meetings b/c the gal who was suppose to bring that forgot & I found the sauce in my cupboard.It was really good too.
AmyR
What jelly can be substituted for the jalapeno jelly for the baked potstickers sauce?
Amy

Bkd PotstickersWe used sweet & sour sauce @ one of our cluster meetings b/c the gal who was suppose to bring that forgot & I found the sauce in my cupboard.
It was really good too.

Anne Winchester

Are you unable to find the jelly?I would not recommend replacing it with another jelly. This one has a distinct flar! I have found it at the 3 grocery stores in my town, Smiths, Albertsons and Super Wal Mart.

I found mine in the deli section of two grocery stores

The HO sent out a Weekly Bites email saying you could use Apricot Jam with 1 T of minced jalapeno. You know what? It's not NEARLY as good that way. If you can find the jalapeno jelly, you should use that.

I can't remember...which color it says to use red or green but whatever the color I could only fine the opposite. I think it calls for red? I used green? I have never had it with the correct one cause I cant find the correct one, but the one I used was good. I also serve them with sweet and sour sauce. Either way those things are yuuuuuuuuumy!!

yep, they call for the green. Speaking of potstickers, does anyone else have the problem I have had multiple times of the tops becoming darker than the rest? I cook them on the large round stone and do all the shapes but usually to finish up quickly I do the 'pyramid' or 'ruffle' and they keep browning up at the tips but still look UNcooked at the end of the cooking time on the rest of the potsticker. Is it just me?

Not just you
kcjodih said:
yep, they call for the green. Speaking of potstickers, does anyone else have the problem I have had multiple times of the tops becoming darker than the rest? I cook them on the large round stone and do all the shapes but usually to finish up quickly I do the 'pyramid' or 'ruffle' and they keep browning up at the tips but still look UNcooked at the end of the cooking time on the rest of the potsticker. Is it just me?

Nope, its not just you. I have had that happen to. I even lowered the shelf in my oven to see if that helped, but it didn't. I would like some pointers too if anyone has them.

Kim

It's going to happen there is nothing you can do, except don't spray any oil on them. That seems to help a little bit. I made the pot stickers at so many shows last year I can make them in my sleep. The envelope is the only one that does not do that. I make the chick stickers in the envelope and the crab or shrmp in the flower one.
I posted it a long time ago but I will give you the recipe. I used to work at a chineese restaruant and we had these things called crab meat dumplings. They had crm chz and imitation crab meat in a won ton shell.
16oz of crm chz'
8oz of crab meat or shrimp choped
2-3 green onions diced
melt crm chz for about a minute then mix onions & crab use small scoop and fold like flower or ruffle(no water) They are so yummy and all my guests liked them better than our recipe. I am actually making these tonight for my family my one year old loves them. :D

Sorry I don't have a better answer for the browning on top. I have always found the jelly at albertson's next to the mint jelly, and if you have a natural food store they will most likely carry it. I always use the red jelly and I squeeze gingerroot into the sauce, it makes it taste better.

Buying plum sauce at your local grocery or asian market is also excellent for dipping. It is very sweet and tangy.

1. What is the best way to cook baked potstickers?

The best way to cook baked potstickers is to preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the potstickers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.

2. Can I make baked potstickers ahead of time?

Yes, you can make baked potstickers ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, simply reheat them in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes.

3. How do I prevent baked potstickers from sticking to the pan?

To prevent baked potstickers from sticking to the pan, make sure to line the baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it with cooking spray. You can also place the potstickers on a bed of sliced vegetables such as onions or bell peppers to prevent sticking.

4. Can I use a different dipping sauce for baked potstickers?

Yes, you can use a variety of dipping sauces for baked potstickers. Some popular options include soy sauce, sweet and sour sauce, or a spicy chili sauce. You can also make your own dipping sauce by combining soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and sugar.

5. How do I know when baked potstickers are fully cooked?

Baked potstickers are fully cooked when they are golden brown and crispy on the outside, and the filling is hot and cooked through. You can also insert a toothpick into the center of a potsticker and if it comes out clean, it is fully cooked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • Michelle K
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Michelle K
Replies