• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baking a Potato in the DCB/RCB: Tips & Results

In summary, the best way to prepare a potato before baking it in the DCB/RCB is to wash and scrub it, then poke holes in it. Any type of potato can be used, but cooking times may vary. No additional liquid is needed as the potato will produce enough steam. The potato is fully cooked when it is tender or reaches an internal temperature of 210°F. Toppings can be added towards the end of the cooking time.
wellscooking
Has anyone tried to make a baked potato in the DCB or RCB? What are instructions/times and how did it turn out? Gonna to a Top It Bar show and in our area its in the 100 degree weather and not sure I want to use a grill. :yuck:

I have done the potatoes for the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder and they turn out great -- follow the directions for baking the potatoes (minus the milk) and turn the time down a bit (or they WILL fall apart)....they should turn out great and will already be cut in half --

this is a great idea for an alternative to this type of show -- thanks for the post!

fyi - one 4 inch potato cut in half took 5 min in the RCB! It was great!

I used to do a baked potato show. Think of a cool name and make it into a theme show. The potatoes bake in the time it takes to set up, and do a show. Slice, dice, chop and mix a wide variety of toppings and display in assorted bowls, plates, etc.

Great sales!!

What is the best way to prepare the potato before baking it in the DCB/RCB?

The best way to prepare the potato before baking it in the DCB/RCB is to wash and scrub it thoroughly, then poke several holes in it with a fork to allow steam to escape.

Can I use any type of potato in the DCB/RCB?

Yes, you can use any type of potato in the DCB/RCB, but keep in mind that different types of potatoes may have varying cooking times.

Do I need to add any liquid to the DCB/RCB when baking a potato?

No, you do not need to add any liquid to the DCB/RCB when baking a potato. The potato will produce enough steam while cooking.

How do I know when the potato is fully cooked?

The potato is fully cooked when it is tender and easily pierced with a fork. You can also use a meat thermometer to check if the internal temperature of the potato has reached 210°F.

Can I add toppings to the potato while it is baking in the DCB/RCB?

Yes, you can add toppings such as cheese, butter, herbs, and spices to the potato while it is baking in the DCB/RCB. Just make sure to add them towards the end of the cooking time to prevent them from burning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
imkay32
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies