• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baked Potato Soup Recipe - Delicious and Easy to Make!

In summary, a person is looking for a recipe for Smashed Potato Soup to use up leftover potatoes from a party. They loaned their cookbooks to a cousin who started selling PC and have not received them back. Another person suggests the Smashed Potato Soup recipe and provides a link to a forum post with the answer to a question about using instant mashed potatoes instead of refrigerated. The recipe for Baked Potato Soup is also mentioned as an alternative option.
samcmills
Does anyone have this recipe that they can email me or put a link on here?

I had a party this weekend, lots of leftover potatoes (we did baked potato bar) and my friend suggested potato soup.

Well my cousin started selling PC and I loaned her all my cookbooks along with a few other things a few months ago and she won't return them. She says she is going to mail them, I keep telling her to take them to my mom's house (she is three hours away but lives close to my mom). Looks like I will have to go get them myself when I go visit next month.

I really appreciate any help finding this recipe, I looked all over the internet and no one has it posted anywhere. This will teach me to loan my stuff out.

Here's the Smashed Potato Soup recipe. Is it the same?

Smashed Potato Soup

½ cup coarsely chopped carrot
½ cup coarsely chopped celery
1 package (1 pound 4 ounces) refrigerated mashed potatoes
1 can (14 ½ ounces) 99% fat-free chicken broth
½ cup fat free milk
1 garlic clove, pressed
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 TBLSP snipped fresh parsley

Optional toppings: sliced green onions, reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese, crisply cooked crumbled turkey bacon

1. Coarsely chop carrot and celery using Food Chopper. Place mashed potatoes in Medium (3 qt) Saucepan. Gradually add broth and milk, whisking until mixture is smooth using Nylon Spiral Whisk. Stir in carrot, celery, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
2. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and parsley. Ladle soup into bowls; top with desired toppings.

Baked Potato Soup recipe NOT PC

6 baking potatoes
1 cup butter
1 cup flour
8 cups milk
12 oz sour cream
2 bundles green onions thinly sliced
1 tsp salt
1 pound cooked peppered bacon
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Bake potatoes in the oven `1 hour 400 degrees cool slightly and peel
& cube
melt butter in a stockpot add flour cook until thick stir constantly with a whisk. Add the milk until it is thickened.
Add onions, cubed potatoes, salt, crumbled cooked bacon & cheese.
cook for 20 minutes add sour cream, stir, serve

Another question on soupHow much potatoes would you use if you change and use instant instead of refrigerated mashed potatoes ?? I have two shows coming up this month and can't figure out what to do.. If any one has any ideas of good Stoneware recipes let me know..

Jayme said:
How much potatoes would you use if you change and use instant instead of refrigerated mashed potatoes ?? I have two shows coming up this month and can't figure out what to do.. If any one has any ideas of good Stoneware recipes let me know..

There was a thread just the other day with this question - and the answer ;) :) . It's 3 cups according to post #5 of this thread

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f7/smashed-potato-soup-ingredient-question-30882/

What ingredients do I need to make Baked Potato Soup?

To make Baked Potato Soup, you will need potatoes, chicken broth, milk, butter, flour, bacon, cheddar cheese, and green onions. You can also add other toppings such as sour cream or shredded cheese.

Can I make Baked Potato Soup in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make Baked Potato Soup in a slow cooker by following these steps: cook the bacon and onion in a skillet, then add it to the slow cooker with potatoes, chicken broth, and seasonings. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Before serving, stir in the milk and cheese and cook for an additional 30 minutes.

How do I thicken Baked Potato Soup?

To thicken Baked Potato Soup, you can use a roux (a mixture of equal parts flour and butter) to create a creamy base. Simply melt the butter in a pot, add the flour and cook for a few minutes, then gradually whisk in the soup until it thickens to your desired consistency.

Can I use different types of potatoes for Baked Potato Soup?

Yes, you can use different types of potatoes for Baked Potato Soup, such as russet, Yukon gold, or red potatoes. Keep in mind that different potatoes may affect the texture and flavor of the soup.

How do I store and reheat leftover Baked Potato Soup?

To store leftover Baked Potato Soup, let it cool completely and then transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. To reheat, you can microwave it or heat it on the stove, stirring occasionally, until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lovescooking
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lovescooking
  • pamperedmomto3
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Angel