• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Interactive Baked Potato Bar: Tips and Ideas for a Smooth Flowing Event

In summary, this is a great way to do a BP bar show. You can use the bar pan for the bacon, and the other tools that you mention. The cook time is very reasonable, and it is an easy show to put together.
keril
Any ideas for a smooth flowing Baked Potato Bar show? I will be cooking the bacon in bar pan, broccoli and other veggies in micro cooker, cheese in deluxe cheese grater, etc. How to make interactive while still flowing well? Host is a former consultant who did very well in business before she retired so want to do a good job. Thanks, Keri

Simple Additions for serving
RUFTH butter molds (make in advance)
could put some sour cream in the EAD for them to play with
Southwestern Seasoning in flour/sugar shaker (we like it!)
Silicone mitt to break open potatoes without burning fingers, then rinse off and good as new
Talk about twice baked potatoes looking gourmet for company by using the EAD.
That's it off the top of my head

Smooth flowing show!In order to have a smooth flowing show where there is no dead silence, you must interact with your guests as much as possible. Be sure to ask them what they like or don't like and get them to talk while you are busy. When I am doing a demo that requires me to do several things that I might want to concentrate on instead of talk, I start asking questions.
Example: Let's go around and see what your favorite product is and why? This allows you to talk about other items that someone else brought up.
There are many ways to include your guests, you might even get a few gvolunteers to come up and use the food chopper, get another to maybe use the ultimate slice n grate. That way they get a hands on feel for the products and you can talk while they work.
Thanks, Debbie

baked potatoe barI have done a few of these... I do have most of the ingriedents cooked already and chopped. Having it set up so i have so many guests come up at different times to use the products and make there own potatoe. I do show them before how to use the product, then I have so many of them come up and do there thing. I have ingriedents in simple add. It really depends how many guests that are at the show... They enjoy HANDS ON>>> A great way to sell products....

Make it a pampered day!

Can you explain more about this potato bar, I am a new consultant and have no idea what this is. Any info would be appreciated.

Shannon Harris
Consultant # 473886 ;)

Potatoe bar Theme showI have done a few of these and I have the hostess have the potatoes baked when i get there at her house.. I give her a list of things of toppings.. bacon, cheese, sour cream and then use the products with each item. I show all the guests how to each products and then they come up and help themselves and make up there potatoe that way they can use the chopper/ slicer/knives/accent decorator and etc. hands ON>>> And they love it...
its easy and fun...
If you have any other questions please let me know. I also use my simple additons to put the toppings in, plus I show them the stone that the potatoes were baked in. I use as many products as i can...

Have FUN...
Carol :)

A little off the subject...
rwesterpchef said:
RUFTH butter molds (make in advance)
Tell us how you do this - do you melt the butter or just soften it? Add seasonings? I especially would like to know your tricks for unmolding the butter!

THANKS!! You always have great ideas Rita!

This is a great idea! I absolutely love baked potatoes, and I think it would be an awesome show to do. Maybe a few more ideas on tools to use?

-Meat tenderizer to crush up bacon into bits, or crinkle-cutter to slice it up easily. (Or food chopper... will it chop up cooked bacon?)

-Chili topping. Have it mostly put together, then use the can opener/can strainer to add beans. Could demonstrate cookware for meat, but this might take a little longer. Cook it in the large batter bowl in the microwave.

-Snip chives with the kitchen shears

-Slice tomato or onions with hold n'slice and utility knife.

Baked potatoes cooked wonderfully (and quickly) in the Rice Cooker Plus. I know you want to show case the stoneware, but I generally do the BP bar for an express show. I can fit 6 med size potatoes in there--I add about 1 tablespoon of water put on the lid and heat for approx. 16 minutes. Perfect "baked" potatoes!

For showing the stoneware I use the bar pan for the bacon--done in 20 minutes! Then everything else is pretty much ready. While the potatoes and bacon are working slice, dice, grate the chives, cheese, tomatoes (?-some people like that).

How long...do you bake the bacon in the bar pan? I have never fixed bacon in the oven.

If I want the bacon really crispy I put the temp at 425 and bake for 16-20 minutes. If I want it with a little give in it I put it in at 375 for the same amount of time. It's really good and it doesn't make the mess like cooking it on the stovetop.

1. What are some creative toppings for a baked potato bar?

Some popular toppings for a baked potato bar include shredded cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, green onions, salsa, and chili. You can also offer a variety of vegetables like broccoli, bell peppers, and mushrooms for a healthier option.

2. How do I keep the baked potatoes warm for a party?

To keep baked potatoes warm for a party, you can wrap them in aluminum foil and place them in a slow cooker on the "warm" setting. Another option is to keep them in a covered baking dish in a warm oven (around 200-250 degrees Fahrenheit).

3. Can I use sweet potatoes for a baked potato bar?

Yes, you can definitely use sweet potatoes for a baked potato bar. They offer a healthier alternative and can be topped with similar toppings as regular baked potatoes, such as butter, cinnamon sugar, or even marshmallows.

4. What are some vegetarian options for a baked potato bar?

For vegetarian options, you can offer toppings like grilled vegetables, black beans, corn, avocado, and a variety of cheeses. You can also provide vegetarian chili or a vegetarian meat substitute as a topping.

5. How do I set up a baked potato bar for a large group?

To set up a baked potato bar for a large group, place the baked potatoes in a slow cooker or warming tray to keep them warm. Set out the toppings in separate bowls with serving utensils, and provide plates and utensils for guests to serve themselves. You can also label the toppings to make it easier for guests to choose their desired toppings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Windy City Pampered Chef
  • Cindycooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
plichte
Replies