• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Baked French Toast Recipe for Your Morning Rush

In summary, Monte Cristo Casserole is a casserole that combines French toast, eggs, ham, turkey, and syrup or jam. It is quick and easy to make and can feed a lot of people.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
I am hunting for a good baked french toast recipe. I just got home 24 hours ago from doing hurricane relief work in Mississippi with our youth group and I have to do a quick recipe tomorrow morning at my insurance office and drop off paperwork for an office challenge show thing... and now I cannot find a recipe.. .help! :) Thanks in advance! :)

Monte Cristo Casserole! Frozen French toast, eggs, sliced ham, sliced turkey (deli packages), eggs, baked together, served with Syrup or jam and powdered sugar. It's in the SBRC from about 3 years ago--do a recipe search on it. We love it, it's quick and cheap, and feeds a ton!!

Sounds great! Thanks!

Hi Diane,
I have a recipe for baked french toast. I am typing it and will post it here in like 5 minutes.
Marisol

PS What a wonderful godly thing to go and be comfort for those in need and to show young people by example. You're precious.

Yeah! Thanks!

Heat oven to 500 degree. Generously butter jelly roll pan, 15 1/2 X 10 1/2 inches. Heat pan in oven 1 minute; remove from oven.

Prepare bread:
3 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1T sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
8 slices sandwhich bread or 1" thick french bread

Arrange dipped bread in hot pan. Drizzle any remaining egg mixture over bread. Bake 5-8 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown; turn bread.
Bake 2-4 minutes longer or until golden brown.

Betty Crocker COOKBOOK Bridal Edition, copyright 2001

Thanks to both of you again!!!!!!

Here is a recipe that I found on Food Network that my family liked - I tried it out for a show I was suppose to have a couple months ago. The show was was to take place at 8:30 in the morning. What I was going to do is to make the recipe the day before for the guest and then the one that I fix in front of the guest will be for the family the next day (which would be for Sunday morning - all the work would be done for the host - she would only have to bake it). But the host fell down and broke her leg is three places and had to have surgery (twice) She hasn't rescheduled yet because of all the therapy she is going through and she just might have to have another surgery to adjust the pins. Will see.

It is a great recipe and it uses a lot on PC products.

Baked French Toast Casserole with Maple Syrup Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
Show: Paula's Home Cooking
Episode: Spring Brunch

1 loaf French bread (13 to 16 ounces)
8 large eggs
2 cups half-and-half
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Dash salt
Praline Topping, recipe follows
Maple syrup

Slice French bread into 20 slices, 1-inch each. (Use any extra bread for garlic toast or bread crumbs). Arrange slices in a generously buttered 9 by 13-inch flat baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping the slices. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and beat with a rotary beater or whisk until blended but not too bubbly. Pour mixture over the bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly with the milk-egg mixture. Spoon some of the mixture in between the slices. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
The next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Spread Praline Topping evenly over the bread and bake for 40 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden. Serve with maple syrup.

Praline Topping:
1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and blend well. Makes enough for Baked French Toast Casserole.

1. How do I make the Baked French Toast Recipe?

To make the Baked French Toast Recipe, you will need thick slices of bread, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and your choice of toppings. Begin by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Dip each slice of bread into the mixture, making sure it is fully coated. Place the slices onto a greased baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with your desired toppings.

2. Can I use any type of bread for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of bread for this recipe. However, thicker slices of bread, such as French or sourdough, work best as they hold up well to the egg mixture and baking process.

3. Can I prepare this recipe the night before?

Yes, you can prepare this recipe the night before. Simply follow the instructions for dipping the bread slices into the egg mixture and place them into a greased baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, preheat your oven and bake as directed.

4. What are some recommended toppings for this recipe?

Some recommended toppings for the Baked French Toast Recipe are fresh berries, sliced bananas, chopped nuts, whipped cream, and maple syrup. You can also get creative and use your favorite jams, chocolate chips, or caramel sauce.

5. Can I freeze the leftover Baked French Toast?

Yes, you can freeze the leftover Baked French Toast. Let it cool completely, then place it in an airtight container or freezer bag. When ready to eat, thaw in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven or microwave. It may not be as crispy as when freshly made, but still just as delicious.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jewls243
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
LeslieSGI
  • susanr613
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies