1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Baked Brie Question

1. kcmckay

kcmckay Advanced Member Gold Member

So I offered to bring an appetizer to my friends Passion Party tomorrow night. I am already bringing Sangria. I wanted to do the baked brie but I like the sundried tomato pesto version. I didn't feel like driving out of my way to the good grocery store and figured I should find all the stuff at bad one close to home. Well they didn't have the tomatoes, brie or french baguette. I don't mind stopping on the way to get brie and bread on way tomorrow. I was going early anyway. However, I know cutting up the tomatoes is a pain. And since I was going to use my TS pesto mix, which happens to actually be dried tomato and garlic basil pesto mix. I thought maybe making more of that and mixing with pine nuts would be an ok alternative. Is this crazy? TIA

Sep 24, 2009
  2. pjpamchef

pjpamchef Member Silver Member

From SB fall 2007
    This is yummy!

The Pampered Chef ®
    Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie
    Recipe

1/2 cup pecan halves
    1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed and seeded
    1/4 cup apricot preserves
    1 4-inch round (8 ounces) Brie cheese with rind, room temperature
    1 loaf (16 ounces) French baguette
    Vegetable oil

1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coarsely chop pecans using Chef's Knife. Chop jalapeño using Food Chopper. In Small Batter Bowl, combine jalapeño and preserves; mix well using Skinny Scraper.

2. Cut Brie in half horizontally using Utility Knife. Place one half of Brie, cut side up, onto center of Large Round Stone. Spread half of the apricot mixture evenly over bottom half of Brie using Small Spreader. Top with half of the pecans and remaining half of Brie, cut side up. Spread remaining apricot mixture over Brie; sprinkle with remaining pecans.

3. Using Bread Knife, cut baguette on a bias into twenty-four 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange baguette slices around Brie; spray with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Bake 8-10 minutes or until baguette slices are golden brown and Brie begins to soften. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve using Bamboo Spreader.

Sep 24, 2009
  3. aslion

aslion Member

I don't think it is crazy at all, I have actually once just toasted pine nuts and put it ontop of the brie and then wrapped the whole round in puffed pastry and baked it till golden and puffed and got raving reviews.

Sep 24, 2009
  4. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I think that's the beauty of brie! (I'm learning). You can put about anything on it! My friend just puts fig-preserves straight out of the jar. It's sensational !!!

Sep 24, 2009
  5. kcmckay

kcmckay Advanced Member Gold Member

thank you for your responses but as I was looking in the fridge I discoverd I had some sun dried tomatoes I'd forgotten I'd had so I made up the "filling" last night. I'm just going to go to party early and get brie and bread on the way and bake it at her house so it's fresh for the guests.

Sep 25, 2009
  6. JennLizFran

JennLizFran Member Gold Member

I love baked brie with raspberry preserves!

Sep 25, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted