• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for a Relay for Life Bake Sale: Freezing Ideas

I like to make them in the mini muffin tin and then put them in the freezer. They are a great party favor or just a snack. Please tell me where I can find the orange poppy seed and cherry almond recipe! They sound SUPER yummy, and I like the idea of having them in the freezer in case of unexpected visitors! I am salivating over here imagining the taste!:DIf you have the mini-fluted pan, you can use that for a lot of sweet breads (like banana bread, pumkpin bread) or pound cake type cakes, and freeze them. Then when you are ready you can defrost them, pour on a glaze or pour
ChefPaulaB
I have a bake sale for the Relay for Life coming up in a couple weeks that I want to start baking for... I know that the Brownie Truffles freeze well, what about other things... The Lemon Tartletts? Any other favorites that can be made ahead and frozen? Or just any other good sellers?

I haven't made any PC recipes for a bake sale yet. Brownies always are the best item to sell.

What about mini pumpkin muffins....I know pumpkin bread freezes well....

Any of the quick breads, tea breads, or muffin recipes such as the Orange Poppy Seed Tea Bread freeze well and can be made as a loaf, mini loaf, or muffin. I have also made them in the min-tart pan too. We have out of town family visit a lot, so I always make and freeze just in case we have weekend quests.

The Cherry Almond Angel Roll freezes nice too. I like to make this for picnics or family reunions. You can make it, freeze it, take it out the morning of the picnic and slice it frozen. Then by the time you are ready for it, it is thawed.

Good Luck! I am in the process of making some of the breads and muffins to freeze too. We are having a Brunch Baby Shower in June.

The Pfitterole Puffs freeze excellently!!!

lpacker said:
Any of the quick breads, tea breads, or muffin recipes such as the Orange Poppy Seed Tea Bread freeze well and can be made as a loaf, mini loaf, or muffin. I have also made them in the min-tart pan too. We have out of town family visit a lot, so I always make and freeze just in case we have weekend quests.

The Cherry Almond Angel Roll freezes nice too. I like to make this for picnics or family reunions. You can make it, freeze it, take it out the morning of the picnic and slice it frozen. Then by the time you are ready for it, it is thawed.

Good Luck! I am in the process of making some of the breads and muffins to freeze too. We are having a Brunch Baby Shower in June.

Please tell me where I can find the orange poppy seed and cherry almond recipe! They sound SUPER yummy, and I like the idea of having them in the freezer in case of unexpected visitors! I am salivating over here imagining the taste!:D

If you have the mini-fluted pan, you can use that for a lot of sweet breads (like banana bread, pumkpin bread) or pound cake type cakes, and freeze them. Then when you are ready you can defrost them, pour on a glaze or pourable frosting and they will look great.

Pecan Tassies freeze Wonderful!!!

What are some freezing ideas for a Relay for Life bake sale?

Some freezing ideas for a Relay for Life bake sale include freezing cookie dough, muffin batter, or cake batter in advance, as well as freezing already baked goods such as cookies, cupcakes, or breads.

How long can baked goods be frozen for a bake sale?

Baked goods can typically be frozen for 2-3 months before they start to lose their quality and taste. It is important to label and date all items when freezing them so that they can be used within the appropriate time frame.

Can I freeze decorated baked goods for a bake sale?

Decorated baked goods such as frosted cakes or cookies with icing can be frozen, but it is generally recommended to freeze them without any decorations. Once thawed, you can add fresh decorations to the baked goods before the bake sale.

Should I freeze individual portions or whole batches of baked goods?

It is recommended to freeze individual portions of baked goods for a bake sale. This makes it easier to thaw and sell only what is needed, rather than having to thaw a whole batch and potentially waste any leftovers.

How should frozen baked goods be thawed for a bake sale?

The best way to thaw frozen baked goods is to let them sit at room temperature for a few hours or overnight. You can also thaw them in the refrigerator for a slower thawing process. Avoid using a microwave to thaw as it can affect the texture and quality of the baked goods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattidailey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • PCJen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • chefmoseley