• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bad Note Taking, Makes Follow up Hard!

In summary, the speaker advises to take good notes when talking to people at a booth and to follow up with them promptly. They suggest emailing the person in question and being honest about forgetting what was discussed due to a busy day. The speaker also reassures that honesty is the best policy and that the person in question will likely not remember them or be offended by the reminder.
babywings76
Gold Member
Okay, so here's a reminder that when doing a booth and talking to people....write down good notes when they leave!

I had one person do a definite booking. Then I had 2 people say that they would try to do a catalog show. But one of those people was more of a sure thing than the other. I can't remember exactly what I told her I'd e-mail her. Now I'm questioning if she fully agreed to the show or if I was supposed to just give her info to look through. It was a long day and I took some notes on the drawing slips, but not good enough.

I tried calling her, but got her voice mail. So...now I have to figure out what to say in my email. If I should get her set up online and email her outside order forms or not. Cause I thought that's what I was supposed to do...but the more I thought about it, the more I'm questioning if I'm messing up things.

It's been a long day and nothing I've tried to do has gone right. I'd wait a day, but my booth was Saturday, and I really think my "Thank you for stopping by" emails need to get fully accomplished sooner rather than later.

Can you email with the "mommy brain" excuse and see if she could remind you.... just a thought. I know it's tough when you can't put all of the pieces together.

I would basically go with the "mommy brain" excuse myself.Email and be honest. Maybe say something like: "I wrote myself a note to follow up with you, but I forgot to leave myself a note about what I am to follow up about! It was a busy day at the show and I am so sorry I wasn't as ____ as I usually am." (Fill in with what ever feels right; organized, efficient, professional, etc.) Maybe say your embarrassed to have to ask, but you want to give the best service you can so you need to be reminded. I think people are understanding and won't be offended if you forgot. I can guarantee they don't even remember your name! LOL Everyone invloved at a show- vendors and guests are seeing so many people and companies.

Honesty's always the best policy. You talked to a lot of people. I'm sure she'll understand.

Hi there! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's always important to take good notes when talking to potential customers at a booth, as it can be easy to forget important details in the midst of a busy day. In regards to the person who definitely booked and the two potential catalog shows, it's always a good idea to follow up with them via email or phone call to confirm their interest and get any necessary information from them. It sounds like you may have been unsure about whether the one person fully agreed to the show or not, so it's best to clarify that with them. If you're unable to reach them by phone, sending a polite and professional email is a great way to follow up. In your email, you can thank them for stopping by your booth and mention that you wanted to confirm their interest in hosting a show. You can also provide them with any necessary information or resources to help them make their decision. I know it can be frustrating when things don't go as planned, but don't worry too much. Just take a deep breath and try to clarify any uncertainties with your potential customers. And don't forget to give yourself a well-deserved break after a long day at the booth. Good luck with your future events!

1. Why is good note-taking important for follow-up?

Good note-taking is crucial for follow-up because it allows you to accurately remember important details and information discussed during a meeting or event. This helps you provide better customer service and follow-up with specific and relevant information, leading to a stronger relationship with your customers.

2. What are some consequences of bad note-taking?

Bad note-taking can lead to missed details and important information, which can result in confusion or misunderstandings during follow-up. It can also make you appear unprofessional and unorganized, which can negatively impact your reputation and relationship with customers.

3. How can I improve my note-taking skills?

There are several ways to improve your note-taking skills, such as using shorthand or abbreviations, organizing your notes with headings and bullet points, and summarizing key points. It's also helpful to actively listen and ask for clarification during a meeting or event to ensure accurate note-taking.

4. What tools can I use to take better notes?

There are various tools you can use to take better notes, such as a pen and paper, a digital note-taking app, or a voice recorder. Find the method that works best for you and practice using it regularly to improve your note-taking abilities.

5. How can good note-taking benefit my business?

Good note-taking can benefit your business in several ways. It can help you provide better customer service, establish stronger relationships with customers, and improve your overall organization and efficiency. It can also help you refer back to important information and details when needed, leading to better decision-making and business growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jmerda
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
lindsaym
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies