• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tragic News: Farrah Fawcett, Ed MacMahon, and Michael Jackson's Reported Deaths

In summary, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson, two iconic figures who defined different periods in American culture, both passed away on the same day. Fawcett's iconic poster in a red swimsuit set a certain standard for women and caused controversy, while Jackson's music and persona defined pop music in the 1980s. Both will be remembered for their impact on American society.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Farrah Fawcett has died.Ed MacMahon died.A news outlet in Los Angeles is reporting that Michael Jackson has suffered cardiac arrest and TNT is reporting that he has died. (These are UNCONFIRMED reports.)

Last edited:
The Los Angeles Times has confirmed that Michael Jackson has, in fact, died.

I just heard that he did die! wow, what a shocker!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Farrah Fawcett has died.

A news outlet in Los Angeles is reporting that Michael Jackson has suffered cardiac arrest and TNT is reporting that he has died. (These are UNCONFIRMED reports.)

If the Jackson report is true, well, who's the third one going to be?[/QUOTE

Yesterday was Ed Mcman

Yeah, you nailed my before I could fix my entry.I forgot about Ed because he never DID come ring my bell with my million dollar Publishers' Clearing House check.

I just heard this too, Michael Jackson died, I can't believe it!

The strange thing is he died about the same time as Farrah. 911 was called at 12:21 p.m!

OMG, I hadn't heard about Michael Jackson! :(

Farrah not surprised. She was suffering so. Now she is at peace.
Michael, WOW, a tiny shocker there, but when you concider everything that he had done to himself, maybe he was suffering in so many differant ways.

God bless them both and thier families.

Q: What did Michael Jackson like about twenty eight year olds?
A: The fact that there were twenty of them.Q: Why did Michael Jackson like Wal-Mart?
A: Boys underwear was half-off.

Ed died?

I missed that one.

Well, that's 3

Wow, such sad and shocking news.

It isn't nice to speak ill of the dead but in Michael Jackson's case, I can make an exception.He was a songwriter but now he's decomposing.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It isn't nice to speak ill of the dead but in Michael Jackson's case, I can make an exception.

He was a songwriter but now he's decomposing.

Oh, KG, that's "BAD"

I thought it was a Thriller.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I thought it was a Thriller.

ok, I must admit... I saw that one coming.

If I keep this up, I'm going to have to Beat It.

Pop star Michael Jackson dead: report
Reuters said:
By Bob Tourtellotte Bob Tourtellotte – 8 mins ago
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Pop giant Michael Jackson, who took to the stage as a child star and set the world dancing to exuberant rhythms for decades, died on Thursday, TMZ website reported. He was 50.There was no official confirmation of the reported death and spokespersons for Jackson could not be reached for comment."We've just learned Michael Jackson has died," TMZ said."Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon at his Holmby Hills home and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back," the entertainment site said.It added, "A source tells us Jackson was dead when paramedics arrived."Earlier, the Los Angeles Times said the singer had been rushed to a Los Angeles-area hospital by fire department paramedics who found him not breathing when they arrived at the singer's home.The newspaper said paramedics performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation at the scene before taking him to the UCLA Medical Center hospital.

Gee, you seem to come up with those as easy as A-B-C.

A little bird whispers them to me - he's a Rockin' Robin.

Yup - Micahel Jackson is Out Of My Life.

KG, You Are Not Alone, looks like several of us are digging up oldies now

Holy crap KG, "The Way You Make Me Feel "about all of these celebs dying is making me so sad.

You guys are horrible!!

I love it!!!

Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson both defined periods of time in America, and it's ironic that they would both pass on the same day. (An iconic ironic.) Farrah Fawcett holds a certain place in the development of American males of a certain age category. That poster of her in the red swimsuit set a certain standard that no one ever equaled nor will it ever happen again - she was the right woman at the right time. There is really nothing overtly sexual about the poster - her swimsuit is even a one piece - but at the time, the fact she had nipples that could cut glass just set off turmoil with school principals all over the county. With her hair and mouth full of teeth, she set a standard that no one could equal - and the poster came out before Charlie's Angels. Michael Jackson defined pop music in the early 1980s. Bad was recorded with some of the hottest musicians in LA at the time, and it made him into an icon. Those were some heady days.

Crystal Patton said:
You guys are horrible!!

I love it!!!

But Mom,

KG started it

Turmoil...dismay...disarray...bafflement...Yup. My work here is done.

I feel really bad for the Jackson family but you must admit that Michael wanted the controversy and the attention. His talent plus his strange behavior made him a legend.

But I have to throw this in in honor of KG:

Q: What’s the difference between Michael Jackson and a grocery bag?
A: One is white, made out of plastic, and dangerous for kids to play with and the other you carry your groceries in.

Best Selling Poster - EVERThe Farrah Fawcett poster sold over 12 million
copies - the highest selling poster ever.

Farrah_Fawcett_iconic_pinup_1976.jpg

I never bought it...I was just past the age of
hormone-laden teenagers who all bought it.
(I was a hormone-laden 20-something at
the time.) Now I wish I had bought one.

Make no assumptions....not everything is Black or White.

Keeping it going.....for the King of Pop

Ten years from now, the only thing people will remember about Michael Jackson is the music, the dancing, the videos and the "Moon Walk," a dance step that had never been done before and most people thought was a camera trick. Ten years from now, his weirdness, plastic surgeries and Neverland adventures will all be forgotten.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Ten years from now, the only thing people will remember about Michael Jackson is the music, the dancing, the videos and the "Moon Walk," a dance step that had never been done before and most people thought was a camera trick. Ten years from now, his weirdness, plastic surgeries and Neverland adventures will all be forgotten.

I hope so KG!

Re: Best Selling Poster - EVER
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The Farrah Fawcett poster sold over 12 million

KG, I bought one for my dad and when it first came out, he framed it and it still hangs in his garage.

Collectors item

Carol

I would love to see a foundation come forward and make Neverland another Graceland. His music will never die

KG I also hope you're right that Michael Jackson's enduring legacy is positive. I think that all 3 (McMahon, Fawcett, and Jackson) are at peace now - they all had their struggles recently. Kudos to Farrah Fawcett for trying to educate others in the process.

Re: Best Selling Poster - EVER
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The Farrah Fawcett poster sold over 12 million

My Dad had one in his garage - not sure if he bought it or someone got it for him. I also can't remember if it's still there or not. Haven't really paid any attention.

Funny thing is back then she was considered full figured. With all the fake ones people get today it doesn't seem unusual.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

I doubt it. Everyone still remembers that Elvis "rocked the craddle", was a drug user but earned a badge "against drugs". His vices killed him too at too early of an age.

The bad jokes are already being sent via cell phones.

If the end of Elvis' life had permanently stained his image, there wouldn't be hundreds of Elvis impersonators making a living at being him. The marketplace tends to be very forgiving of some people, although, not others. Elvis is remembered for his music, for his command of the record business and the side-show antics are snickered at but mostly ignored. Who knows why? Why do the people of Massachusetts keep re-electing Ted Kennedy?The bad jokes about Michael Jackson are a fad that will pass - every disaster and painful event in our country is immediately followed by dozens of totally tasteless jokes. Remember this? "Did you hear about the Leon Klinghoffer cocktail? Two shots and a splash." It was awful, it was laughed at, and soon forgotten. (If you're not old enough to remember Leon Klinghoffer, well, as James Thurber said, "You could look it up.") There were jokes about the Ethiopian famine, the space shuttle disasters and now, Michael Jackson. They're all part of the healing process and will soon fade from our collective memory.In time, we will be remembering Michael Jackson for Bad, Thriller and the moon walk. While the weirdness and his surgeries are not always fondly remembered, they're all part of what made Michael Jackson and will soon be just a footnote on an otherwise incredible career.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
If the end of Elvis' life had permanently stained his image, there wouldn't be hundreds of Elvis impersonators making a living at being him. The marketplace tends to be very forgiving of some people, although, not others. Elvis is remembered for his music, for his command of the record business and the side-show antics are snickered at but mostly ignored.

Who knows why? Why do the people of Massachusetts keep re-electing Ted Kennedy?

The bad jokes about Michael Jackson are a fad that will pass - every disaster and painful event in our country is immediately followed by dozens of totally tasteless jokes. Remember this? "Did you hear about the Leon Klinghoffer cocktail? Two shots and a splash." It was awful, it was laughed at, and soon forgotten. (If you're not old enough to remember Leon Klinghoffer, well, as James Thurber said, "You could look it up.")

There were jokes about the Ethiopian famine, the space shuttle disasters and now, Michael Jackson. They're all part of the healing process and will soon fade from our collective memory.

In time, we will be remembering Michael Jackson for Bad, Thriller and the moon walk. While the weirdness and his surgeries are not always fondly remembered, they're all part of what made Michael Jackson and will soon be just a footnote on an otherwise incredible career.

I am one of those people who deal with grief in this way, terrible jokes, of course they are usually followed by a good cry.
I understand what you are saying KG, a wonderful point to make!

I don't have a Farrah Fawcett poster but I have a doll from her Charlie's Angels days. My sister has a Jacklynn Smith doll. I also happen to have a set of Sonny and Cher dolls. Man...if only I had left them in their boxes and just looked at them....nnnaaaahhh. I loved those dolls. They don't look too bad considering they were some of my favorite toys...although they have lost most of their original clothing.

Shawnna said:
I don't have a Farrah Fawcett poster but I have a doll from her Charlie's Angels days. My sister has a Jacklynn Smith doll. I also happen to have a set of Sonny and Cher dolls. Man...if only I had left them in their boxes and just looked at them....nnnaaaahhh. I loved those dolls. They don't look too bad considering they were some of my favorite toys...although they have lost most of their original clothing.

They have lost their origninal clothing too!!!

I know what you mean...I had original Barbies, etc. but I had more fun playing with them. I could barely get the wrapping paper off at Christmas let alone keep them in a box for more than 30 seconds!!

Shawnna said:

baychef said:
They have lost their origninal clothing too!!!

I know what you mean...I had original Barbies, etc. but I had more fun playing with them. I could barely get the wrapping paper off at Christmas let alone keep them in a box for more than 30 seconds!!

There are several of those jokes, that we were just talking about, in these two posts but, for once, I'm holding my tongue. (Or fingers, as it were.)

:eek:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
There are several of those jokes, that we were just talking about, in these two posts but, for once, I'm holding my tongue. (Or fingers, as it were.)

:eek:

I'm talking about plastic dolls (not the blow up kind either). You may have been "unwrapping" Barbies when I was but your Barbies were more life like!!!:D

I'm very proud of you KG! I know you are about to bite your tongue off! LOL!

baychef said:
I'm talking about plastic dolls (not the blow up kind either). You may have been "unwrapping" Barbies when I was but your Barbies were more life like!!!:D

I'll have you know that I have very discerning standards. My dates have to be A) female and B) able to fog a mirror.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I'll have you know that I have very discerning standards. My dates have to be A) female and B) able to fog a mirror.

I was unaware you had such high standards. LOL

Sadly, my high standards do eliminate many candidates with otherwise impressive resumès, but the filtering process has to start somewhere.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

You mean they mustn't be a Man In The Mirror???

Um, no. Psst! We're off the MJ thing now.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
sharalam