• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can anyone share the bacteria info sheet on stones?

In summary, the recommended method for cleaning and sanitizing Stones is to wash them with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge, and to sanitize them by placing them in a 375°F oven for 15 minutes or running them through a dishwasher cycle. It is recommended to clean Stones after each use and deep clean and sanitize them at least once a month if used frequently. Stones can be used for both raw meat and vegetables, but it is important to clean and sanitize them in between uses to prevent cross-contamination. If Stones become discolored, they can be cleaned with a mixture of baking soda and water, but abrasive cleaners should be avoided. Stones are not safe to use in the microwave as they can crack or break
Jilleysue
Silver Member
Does someone have the bacteria info sheet about stones?

here is what I have...

Attachments

• t%20harbor%20bacteria[1].doc
    11 KB · Views: 294
In the Stoneware Inspirations cookbook it states on the end of page 7 "If you store Stoneware on a rack in the oven, be sure to remove the pieces before turning on the oven.

On the Product Information Guide it states that the stones are virtually non porus.

I usually explain what this sheet says about the difference between cleaning and sanitizing. Cleaning is the use of water, soap and friction to remove food particles.
Sanitizing is trying to remove a majority of the bacteria that may be present. That requires soaking an item in 180 degee water (which none of our home hot water heaters heat to) or the use of chemicals such as a small amount of bleach diluted in water (item must be submersed (sp?) for at least one full minute. Or there is a chemical called quants. These would ruin a stone for sure.

Hope this helps. It can be very confusing!
Ann

Jilleysue said:
Where have you been???

Jilleysue said:

Here's what I have

Attachments

• Stones and Bacteria.doc
    24 KB · Views: 376
  • Stonewar BacteriaFearLetter.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 360
Thanks for sharing Carolyn!!!:D

What are the recommended methods for cleaning and sanitizing my Stones?

The recommended method for cleaning your Stones is to wash them with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. To sanitize, place the Stones in a 375°F oven for 15 minutes or run them through a dishwasher cycle. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners as they can damage the Stones.

How often should I clean my Stones?

It is recommended to clean your Stones after each use. However, if you use them frequently, it is important to deep clean and sanitize them at least once a month.

Can I use my Stones for both raw meat and vegetables?

Yes, you can use your Stones for both raw meat and vegetables. However, it is important to thoroughly clean and sanitize the Stones between uses to prevent cross-contamination.

What should I do if my Stones become discolored?

It is normal for Stones to become discolored over time. This is due to the oils and fats from cooking. To remove the discoloration, clean the Stones with a mixture of baking soda and water. Avoid using abrasive cleaners as they can cause damage.

Can I use my Stones in the microwave?

No, Stones are not safe to use in the microwave. They are designed to be used in the oven or on the stovetop. Using them in the microwave can cause them to crack or break.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • thecougchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies