• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bacon on Stoneware: Curling, Spattering & More

In summary, the conversation discussed the effectiveness of cooking bacon on stoneware, specifically the bar pan. It was mentioned that the even temperature of the stone prevents the bacon from curling and the lower heat also prevents spattering. The recommended temperature and baking time varied based on personal preference for crispiness. It was also noted that parchment paper can be used for easier cleanup, but it is not necessary. Some preferred to pour off the warm grease and use a pan scraper and brush for cleaning. The conversation also mentioned that bacon cooked on the bar pan has more flavor compared to frying it. Lastly, it was suggested to avoid using low-fat turkey bacon as it does not turn out well when baked on stoneware.
sivlepa
I have been told that bacon will not curl on the stoneware. Is that so and anyone know why? Also, I had a gal raise the question of it spattering in the oven? Will it? Any pointers?

THANKS!

I do this all the time!It works really well and NO SPATTERING!
The even tempurature of the stone is why bacon will not curl. And because you are not using such a high heat to bake it is why there is no spattering.
I do about 2/3 of a pound at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. I have to tell you though that I love my bacon REALLY CRISPY!
So of course the baking time will vary per person and the doneness they like.
resturaunts bake their bacon all the time. That's how I learned that trick.

I have been doing bacon in the oven forever thats a big selling point on the bar pan. I sell them at every show. But I cook mine at 400. I have not cooked bacon any other way in the last 10 years

Diane

Me too! 400 degrees in the bar pan for years. I sell alot at shows as well when I tell them about this.

This is how I sell the Bar Pan and it's my #1 stone seller! Bacon is the best in the Bar Pan!!!!

spatteringSo it won't spatter at a lower temperature? Or in general?
Thanks everyone!!

I have never had it spatter. That is why I cook it that way. I don't have to babysit it on the stove and clean up the stove top, the counter top and sometimes the floor.

You have to put a piece of parchment paper in the pan too.

why?
its_me_susan said:
You have to put a piece of parchment paper in the pan too.
I don't use parchment paper and don't have any problems. What does the parchment paper do?

Parchment helps with cleanup, but you really don't need it.

I wait til the pan cools and the fat congeals, then I scrape it in the trash with my handy dandy nylon pan scraper and rinse off the rest with hot water and my easy clean kitchen brush.

I don't use parchment paper. I just pour off the warm grease into a dish or jar. I have never had a problem with clean up before.

You can do it either way, with or without the paper. You can mention to your guests who are buying the bar pan that cooking it without the paper will help to season the stone really fast!!!

I just tried this the other day and it came out perfect! I will never cook bacon in a frying pan again, LOL!

I tried it yesterday for the first time!!My son loved it, he said it was the best bacon he ever had. I did it at 350 for 30 minutes and I drained off the fat about 5 minutes before I took it off. It came out wonderful. So much more flavor then when you fry it!! Wow I will definately pass it on to my customers!!

I tried it with low-fat turkey bacon. It doesn't work so well. They curled and turned out like toasty paper. Just a tip - use normal bacon!

I am having brunch at my house for Mom's day (of course I will be cooking) and I plan on trying it.

What is the best way to prevent bacon from curling on stoneware?

The best way to prevent bacon from curling on stoneware is to place the bacon on the stoneware in a single layer, making sure that the slices are not touching each other. This will allow the bacon to cook evenly and prevent it from curling up.

How can I prevent splattering when cooking bacon on stoneware?

To prevent splattering when cooking bacon on stoneware, you can cover the stoneware with a layer of parchment paper or aluminum foil before placing the bacon on it. This will help contain the grease and prevent it from splattering all over your oven.

Can I use stoneware to cook thick-cut bacon?

Yes, stoneware is great for cooking thick-cut bacon. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly. Thick-cut bacon will take longer to cook than regular bacon, so keep an eye on it and use a meat thermometer to ensure it reaches your desired level of crispiness.

How do I clean stoneware after cooking bacon?

To clean stoneware after cooking bacon, let it cool completely and then scrape off any excess bacon grease or bits with a nylon scraper. You can then wash the stoneware with hot water and a mild dish soap. Avoid using harsh scrubbers or metal utensils, as they can damage the stoneware's surface.

Can I use stoneware to cook bacon in the microwave?

No, stoneware should not be used in the microwave. It is not safe to use stoneware in the microwave as it can cause the stoneware to crack or shatter due to the high heat and uneven heating in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Sjoneschef