• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bacon on Stoneware!

sivlepa

Feb 22, 2006
I have been told that bacon will not curl on the stoneware. Is that so and anyone know why? Also, I had a gal raise the question of it spattering in the oven? Will it? Any pointers?

THANKS!

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
I do this all the time!

It works really well and NO SPATTERING!
The even tempurature of the stone is why bacon will not curl. And because you are not using such a high heat to bake it is why there is no spattering.
I do about 2/3 of a pound at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. I have to tell you though that I love my bacon REALLY CRISPY!
So of course the baking time will vary per person and the doneness they like.
resturaunts bake their bacon all the time. That's how I learned that trick.

Mar 16, 2005
I have been doing bacon in the oven forever thats a big selling point on the bar pan. I sell them at every show. But I cook mine at 400. I have not cooked bacon any other way in the last 10 years

Diane

luvs2sellit

Advanced Member
Feb 14, 2005
Me too! 400 degrees in the bar pan for years. I sell alot at shows as well when I tell them about this.

sivlepa

Feb 22, 2006
spattering

So it won't spatter at a lower temperature? Or in general?
Thanks everyone!!

luvs2sellit

Advanced Member
Feb 14, 2005
I have never had it spatter. That is why I cook it that way. I don't have to babysit it on the stove and clean up the stove top, the counter top and sometimes the floor.

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
Parchment helps with cleanup, but you really don't need it.

I wait til the pan cools and the fat congeals, then I scrape it in the trash with my handy dandy nylon pan scraper and rinse off the rest with hot water and my easy clean kitchen brush.

luvs2sellit

Advanced Member
Feb 14, 2005
I don't use parchment paper. I just pour off the warm grease into a dish or jar. I have never had a problem with clean up before.

rayday

Oct 3, 2005
You can do it either way, with or without the paper. You can mention to your guests who are buying the bar pan that cooking it without the paper will help to season the stone really fast!!!

R

RachelNguyen

I just tried this the other day and it came out perfect! I will never cook bacon in a frying pan again, LOL!

smarteez2

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2005
I tried it yesterday for the first time!!

My son loved it, he said it was the best bacon he ever had. I did it at 350 for 30 minutes and I drained off the fat about 5 minutes before I took it off. It came out wonderful. So much more flavor then when you fry it!! Wow I will definately pass it on to my customers!!

cmdtrgd

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2006
I tried it with low-fat turkey bacon. It doesn't work so well. They curled and turned out like toasty paper. Just a tip - use normal bacon!