• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bacon in the bar pan

chef.katie

Mar 6, 2006
I place mine in the large bar pan at 400 degrees. I cook them for about 20 mins. then I check them. The exact time will depend on how crispy you like them. I just started using the bar pan for bacon and I love it. I will never go back to the microwave again.

jwpamp

Veteran Member
Jan 13, 2006
Here, here! I love it in the Bar Pan as well. You can also use the 9x13 baker if it's all you have. It is also a great way to tell your hosts to season the pan!

freddydress

Novice Member
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2005
I love to do it that way, also--so easy. I do, however, line the bottom with parchment paper to help with absorbing some of the fat and for even easier cleanup.

bbauman07

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2005
I over lap mine also then as they shrink I move them around. I never has used the parchment paper although they do suggest it.

I never even thought of using my rectangular baker (DUHHH!!!):) I will start using this in my shows.

AlowayFamily

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2006
I don't have the bar pan yet (arriving with my SS1 bonus!!) and I don't have the rectangular pan. When I read about baking bacon, I had to try it! I use my deep dish baker and it works okay. I overlap and run the bacon up the sides. It bakes it just fine, and my son and DH love the bacon. I like mine more crisp, so I need to bake it longer.

I can't wait to get my new bar pan and start seasoning it with bacon. Yummy!!!

amybee

Nov 12, 2005
Bacon In Bar Pan

I made this the other day for BLT's. LOVE IT!!!
No more bacon grease all over the stove. I baked it at 400 * for 20-22 minutes. Comes out nice and crispy. Was easy to clean too.:D

Jennie4PC

Legacy Member
May 24, 2005
What I also love about cooking bacon in the bar pan is your house does not smell like bacon for a week

Amy In Ohio

Mar 9, 2006
I tried this last night!! Whoo-hoo!! Worked great!!! I like it crispier than 20 minutes so next time I'll try for 25 :p

Momma23boys

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Your house doesn't smell like bacon? That would be a selling point for me right there! I always have to burn extra candles to get rid of the odor. My hubby loves it, but... ;) I am going to try that soon..