• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Bacon for the Holidays: Roaster vs. Bar Pan

In summary, a regular roasting pan can be used for cooking bacon for the holidays, but a bar pan specifically designed for cooking bacon will provide better results. The benefits of using a bar pan include a non-stick surface, even cooking, and a rimmed edge to catch excess grease. A bar pan can be used to cook bacon in the oven without the need for flipping or turning. To clean a bar pan after cooking bacon, let it cool down and soak it in hot soapy water before using a non-abrasive sponge or brush to remove any stuck-on grease. Bar pans are also versatile and can be used for cooking a variety of foods, thanks to their perforations and non-stick surface.
soniascookin
Happy Holidays all!

i usually make my bacon in my bar pan and LLLOOOOVVVEEE it!
but tomorrow i have to make lots and lots for the faamly brunch and i was thinnkin maybe i could make more in the roaster.
has anyone tried this??

I haven't done it, but it probably could be done. Another thought would be to use more than one stone in your oven. I can fit the large bar pan on one rack and the medium bar pan and the new covered baker (minus the cover) on another rack.

Yes, you can definitely make bacon in a roaster! Here's a simple recipe for making bacon in a roaster:Ingredients:- 1 pound of bacon- Roasting pan or roaster- Aluminum foil- Paper towelsInstructions:1. Preheat your roaster to 375°F.2. Line the bottom of the roaster with aluminum foil. This will make clean-up easier.3. Lay out the bacon strips on the foil, making sure they don't overlap.4. Place the roaster in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your bacon. You may need to adjust the cooking time based on the thickness of your bacon.5. Once the bacon is cooked to your desired level of crispiness, remove the roaster from the oven. Use tongs to transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to soak up any excess grease.6. Serve and enjoy your delicious bacon!Note: You may need to cook the bacon in batches or use multiple roasters if you are making a large amount. Just make sure to monitor the cooking time and adjust as needed.

1. Can I use a regular roasting pan for cooking bacon for the holidays?

Yes, you can definitely use a regular roasting pan for cooking bacon for the holidays. However, using a bar pan specifically designed for cooking bacon will provide better results.

2. What are the benefits of using a bar pan for cooking bacon?

Bar pans have a non-stick surface and perforations that allow for even cooking and crispy bacon. They also have a rimmed edge to catch any excess grease.

3. Can I use a bar pan to cook bacon in the oven?

Yes, a bar pan is specifically designed for cooking bacon in the oven. It allows for even cooking and crispy bacon without the need for flipping or turning.

4. How do I clean a bar pan after cooking bacon?

The best way to clean a bar pan after cooking bacon is to let it cool down, then soak it in hot soapy water for a few minutes. Use a non-abrasive sponge or brush to remove any stuck-on grease, and then rinse and dry the pan.

5. Can I use a bar pan for cooking other foods besides bacon?

Yes, bar pans are versatile and can be used for cooking a variety of foods such as vegetables, chicken, fish, and even desserts. The perforations allow for even cooking and the non-stick surface makes for easy cleanup.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Dotty
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • Amyskitchen2
  • Products and Tips
Replies