1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bacon in Bar Pan?

Tags:
  1. PCALISON437613

PCALISON437613 Novice Member

Has anyone made the bacon in the bar pan? Could you fill me in how long and what temperature? Or did you make it in the micro? Thanks :)

2. Marg

Marg Advanced Member

I put a lb of bacon in the bar pan and pop it in the oven at 325. It usually takes about 30 minutes to get it the way I like it. I have a double oven, so I usually (on Sunday morning) put a bar pan of bacon and a bar pan of pancake mix in each oven, go up stairs and shower and get ready and breakfast is ready when I come down. :)

Aug 20, 2005
  3. dianevill

dianevill Senior Member Gold Member

Microwave and Oven

Hi Alison,

I've made the bacon in the small bar pan in the microwave, and the bar pan in the oven. For the microwave, I use roughly 1 minute per slice of bacon. I have to warn you, though, at least for me, it took off the seasoning of my pan. I don't know why - maybe it got too hot? I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else, though. For the oven, I use 400 degrees, 30-45 minutes depending on how crispy you like it.

The bacon turns out wonderfully using either the microwave or oven.

HTH,
    Diane

Aug 20, 2005
  4. PCALISON437613

PCALISON437613 Novice Member

Thanks

Thank you soo much, That info was exactly what I needed, This site is a great venue for information.

5. noradawn

noradawn Guest

As an aside, we do soy bacon in the small bar pan in our toaster oven all the time, and it turns out great!

Aug 20, 2005
  6. nikked

nikked Senior Member Gold Member

Bacon in the Bar Pan Tip

At National Conference, in the Kitchen Show w/Wow class that I took, they said to put parchment paper in the bottom of the pan first...makes clean up a snap, and is safer when taking the pan out of the oven.

As far as I am concerned, this is the ONLY way to do bacon. I attached a doc called "A Day in the Life of a Bar Pan" that I received along the way. I give it to any customer who buys (or already owns) the bar pan.

Enjoy!

Nicole Uebel
    Independent Future Director (+2) #405321

Attached Files:

Aug 20, 2005
  7. Michelle K

Michelle K Novice Member

Thanks

Wow thanks I heard that info about the life of a bar pan on one of the free cd's we got from HO and I was thinking I needed to tell everyone about it and now you have provided it in righting! Thanks so much this site is just wonderful!

Michelle

Aug 21, 2005
  8. ltkacz

ltkacz Guest

The only way we cook it now

The only way my husband and I will cook bacon now is via the oven on the bar pan. It's absolutely wonderful! Plus it seasons your bar pan like nothing else!

We cook ours at 400-425, and just watch it (sorry, I can't tell you the exact time it takes).

Aug 21, 2005
Have something to add?