• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Back to School Power Cooking: Hot!!

In summary, the speaker has been filling up their August calendar with Back To School Power Cooking Shows. They have been presenting this idea to hosts while booking parties and have received positive feedback. They also plan to team up with Tastefully Simple consultants for open houses and offer power cooking demonstrations. During the demonstration, the speaker creates a quadruple batch of meatloaf and divides it into different portions to freeze for future meals. They also use the meat to make meatballs and mini-meatballs, which can also be frozen for later use. The demo takes about 15 minutes and the speaker suggests having some sort of treat available for guests to sample since they are not able to try the prepared dishes. The speaker also mentions extending this theme through
DebsApronStrings
I have been filling up my August Calendar with Back To School Power Cooking Shows. I present the idea to hosts as I am calling them about getting their party booked on the calendar, and they are EXCITED to have something different, valuable, and practical to share with guests. I have also been talking to several Tastefully Simple folks about teaming up for some open houses, and plan to demo power cooking with them, and let the TS consultant provide the eats. I offer what PC offers on the web, but I have another power cooking night for raw ground beef:

Make a quadruple batch of hosts favorite meatloaf (that is pretty basic). Form one meatloaf for "cooking" that night. Set aside. Form another, line the bread stone with foil and plastic wrap, place second meatloaf in there to wrap and freeze. Once it is frozen, it can be taken out of the stone and left in the freezer.
With another portion of meat, I make meatballs with the large scoop, place them on a flat stone covered in parchment, until I have about 2 meals worth of meatballs (15-18 each)to freeze for either BBQ or sweet and sour sauces. These I freeze overnight, and in the morning, pull them off, pop them in a bread bag, then in a freezer zip bag. I use the bread bag because the meat is raw, and I want to protect my freezer bag for another use. Once raw meat touches it, it should not be used again.

With the remainder of the meat, I use the small scoop and make mini-meatballs. I roast them in the ridged baker, and freeze them in a quart size freezer bag. Then I have meatballs to go on spaghetti! Five meals out of one cooking night already prepped and ready to go!

I have the meatloaf mix done before guests arrive, then just demo the portioning out. I will use my own tools, unless the host has any of them, but before I leave, we will transfer all the meat to her tools, and I take mine home! Since this doesn't allow the guests to sample anything, I always suggest to the host that we have some sort of treat that we prep ahead as well. I do roast the meat while doing the demo, and just show them the final product, with all the fat fallen away. I will extend this theme through September as far as the Back to School idea goes. It is hot!!!

Thanks for the idea!! I have a bunch of calls to make now :)

Where can I find the meatloaf recipe?

Thought of a couple more questions :)

Roughly how long does this demo take?

Why not let the guests eat the first meatloaf?

I just tell hosts to have the ingredients ready for their own favorite meatloaf. I sure can eat the first meatloaf. I would then make up the BBQ Rub into a sauce to dip in. The demo is not long, because most of it is done up ahead. I have the meatloafs finished and placed in pans. I have the mini's in the oven and ready to demo out while hot. I would say 15 minutes to review what was done and talk about the tools and benefits.

I am so impressed by your creative and practical approach to hosting Back to School Power Cooking Shows! It's great to hear that your hosts are excited about this unique and valuable concept, and I love how you are teaming up with Tastefully Simple to offer delicious eats for your guests.Your idea of making a quadruple batch of meatloaf and portioning it out for different meals is brilliant. I especially appreciate your attention to food safety by using foil and plastic wrap to freeze the second meatloaf, and using different tools for raw and cooked meat. It's clear that you have put a lot of thought and effort into this process, and I have no doubt that your guests will be impressed and inspired by your demonstration.I also love that you are extending this theme through September, as Back to School season can be a hectic time for families. Your Power Cooking Shows will not only provide convenience for busy parents, but also give them new meal ideas and tips for meal prepping.Thank you for sharing your ideas and for being a valuable member of our Pampered Chef community. Keep up the great work!Sincerely,Pampered Chef Consultant

What is "Back to School Power Cooking: Hot!!"?

"Back to School Power Cooking: Hot!!" is a collection of recipes designed to help busy families prepare delicious and nutritious meals in a short amount of time. These recipes are perfect for families getting back into the school routine and needing quick and easy meal options.

Can I make these recipes ahead of time?

Yes, many of the "Back to School Power Cooking: Hot!!" recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer for later use. This is a great time-saving option for busy families.

Are the recipes kid-friendly?

Absolutely! The "Back to School Power Cooking: Hot!!" recipes are designed to appeal to both kids and adults. They are packed with flavor and use simple ingredients that are kid-approved.

Do I need any special equipment to make these recipes?

No, most of the recipes in "Back to School Power Cooking: Hot!!" can be made using basic kitchen equipment such as pots, pans, and baking sheets. However, some recipes may require a slow cooker or instant pot for convenience.

Are there any vegetarian or allergy-friendly options in this collection?

Yes, "Back to School Power Cooking: Hot!!" includes a variety of vegetarian and allergy-friendly options. Look for recipes marked with a special symbol to indicate they are vegetarian, gluten-free, or dairy-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Darcia
  • cookin to the top
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • StacieB