• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficient and Practical Kitchen Products for Off-Campus Living

In summary, Carol is planning to do a back to school show for her daughter. She is considering using the kitchenette in her room for the show. She is thinking about putting a table in the kitchenette and setting up a jewelry station.
cwinter474
Gold Member
One of my host, daughter is off to collage this year. She wants to do a back to school show for her. Sorta like a registry.

My understanding is she is going to be living off campus in a hotel that has been converted to dorm type rooms, with tiny kitchenits (sr?). So how should I run with this? I was going to use the well stocked kitchen list, but she won't have room for alot. So I'm thinking I will show the Dots, maybe the trifle, the plate caddy with the plates and utensils, maybe the colander bowl set, of course the tool turn about, I'm bringing two of them, one for the kitchen and one for the desk, and maybe the micro cookers. I'm trying to think of items with more than one use, or that don't take up much space. OH, of course the collapsible (man, I wish it wasn't GREEN).

This student has been around PC since she was born, mom has everything. So she is used to it all.

I used to have a list of products for like baby showers, thought there might be something there but I can't find my list. Anyone?

thanks in advance for your time and input.

Carol

I would maybe look for the Dorm Room Survival Kit. It will have some easy to use products for a new college student.

Everything for easy cooking. Micro-cookers...definitely. Bunches of our tools. Cookware and stoneware (great for reheating!). I think I personally (for HER), would do less of the decorative stuff since it's a tiny kitchenette and is sharing with others? The Cups would be cute and maybe small plates and such. She may not have room to set stuff out so even the tool turnabout may be too big. However, one of the crocks from the outlet would be great :). I think the collapsible bowl would be good since it's a nice size for chips and such.Unless it's a surprise, have the daughter fill out a registry form (or circle the heck out of a catalog). Then you'll get an idea of what she's looking for. PLUS, people will be able to order for themselves to help her out too!! Good luck with it :)

Jules, You gave me a new registry idea!!! I could make up stickers and have the person doing the registry mark a catalog, something like "Martha's Choice".... or "Wanted by" something like that, then find out how many guest are coming, get me ever so helpful daughter to sticker that many catalogs, pluse a few extra, and use them at the show. Then everyone will know what she wants without having to go over a list or whatever.

I'm telling you guys I am "inspired" today..... too much caffine??? too little sleep???

wadesgirl said:
I would maybe look for the Dorm Room Survival Kit. It will have some easy to use products for a new college student.

Found the survival file.... THANKS .... just what I was wanting

The survival file is great. I handed it out at a show last week where there were lots of moms with girls going to college and they ordered from it. I personally started hosting shows in college so I could earn free products. I still have and use all of them. I love PC!!

My personal apartment favorites are: micro cookers, small bar pan (good for toaster oven and microwave), easy read measuring cups, QSP, mini serving spatula, scrapers, batter bowls, prep bowls, easy adjustable measuring spoon, cutting board, food chopper, apple wedger, 10" saute pan, large round stone, seasonings, cookbooks.

Don't forget the bar board. College kids gotta have limes for those Coronas.... ;-)

IAmChefJ said:
Don't forget the bar board. College kids gotta have limes for those Coronas.... ;-)

WOW, I know I'm getting old now, never would have thought of this one..... Will have to add that to my own dorm list.

thanks

Don't forget the small bar pan. It is great for toaster ovens!
Also, you may not want to use this (I was thinking in terms of parents with school aged kids) but in the month of August I am offering 10% off on any purchase of a cookbook or measuring tools. My newsletter will read...
Can you believe that it is that time of year again? Time to get back into the "learning mode"! So, why is it only the kids that we focus on? Why not treat yourself to some books of your own? Or maybe it's numbers that you need brushing up on. Well, I have the right answer for you!
August 1st-16th purchase any of our cookbooks and receive 10% OFF! Or August 17th-31st purchase any of our measuring tools and recieve 10% OFF!
I would love to host a "Back to School" show for you in August to teach some great time saving tips and quick recipes for after school snacks. Dates are going quickly so don't be tardy... contact me TODAY!

1. What is a Back to School Party?

A Back to School Party is a fun and informative event where you can learn about new products and recipes from Pampered Chef that are perfect for busy school days. It's a great way to get ready for the new school year and get inspired for meal planning.

2. How do I host a Back to School Party?

Hosting a Back to School Party is easy! Simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and they will help you choose a date, invite guests, and provide all the necessary materials. You can also host a virtual party through Zoom or Facebook if you prefer.

3. What types of products will be featured at a Back to School Party?

At a Back to School Party, you can expect to see a variety of products that make meal prep and cooking easier for busy parents. This may include items such as quick and easy recipe books, meal planning tools, and time-saving kitchen gadgets.

4. Can I earn free products by hosting a Back to School Party?

Yes, as a host, you can earn free products and discounts based on the total sales at your party. The more your guests purchase, the more rewards you can receive. It's a great way to stock up on essential kitchen tools for the school year.

5. Can I attend a Back to School Party even if I'm not a parent?

Absolutely! While a Back to School Party is geared towards busy parents, anyone can attend and benefit from the products and recipes featured. Everyone can use a little help with meal planning and simplifying their daily routine.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • Laura4
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Laura4
  • angmillar
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies