• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Back to School Lunch Ideas Show

In summary, Jennifer created a show about new school lunch ideas. She wants feedback or ideas for a receipe.
tig_536
Hi Everyone,
My name is Jennifer and I became a consultant last November. I have been reading the boards for months but the is my first post. :)

Besides being a Pampered Chef Consultant I am a preschool teacher and when parents come to help in my class they are always interested to see what kids are packing in their lunch, because "they are always looking for new ideas". So I started thinking... What if I put together a show about new school lunch ideas. I just wanted some imput or if anyone had ideas to share and also wondered if anyone has done a show like this before.
So I was thinking things to showcase could be:
*Apple wedger
*Pineapple wedger
*Egg Slicer Plus
*mini muffin tin
*cut-n-seal
*crinkle cutter
* Core & More
*Citrus Peeler
*Citrus Press - to squeeze lemon juice on apples to keep from turning
*Suds pump 'cause kids tend to use lots of soap & it fun
*mini whipper
*creative cutters

Is there anything I am missing? Can anyone think of a good receipe to do? Or should I do one? Any input would be great. Thanks for looking.

Jennifer

When I do Kids Camps, we use the bar board, My Safe Cutter too.

You could also do the Apple/Peeler/Corer/Slicer. You can use The Corer to core apples or tiny pumpkins to make cute candle holders.

That's all I can think of right now...

:D:D:D My full time job is the head of food services for an 8 building school district housing 4000 students:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So I vote in showing them how to take a sandwich bag and close it with a twixit clip!!! Ha!

I am only joking...you can not please 4000 children every day of the school year!! Great ideas and I do love them! My mission is to get kids to eat healthy. Not all, but a majority of lunch boxes from home have many "treats" in them that I would not even think of selling. So healthy lunches whether they are from home or served at the school!!!

How about the stoneware muffin pan for savoury muffins for lunch as it's higher value? Love the idea - might try that in August in Scotland!Kirsty

You've got quite a few that I would've thought of =)
Crinkle cutter- veggie sticksI'll post more as I think of them...DH is playing a game right now and I can't concentrate! LOL

1. What are some quick and easy lunch ideas for back to school?

Some quick and easy lunch ideas for back to school include sandwiches, wraps, salads, and bento boxes. These options can be prepped ahead of time and customized with your child's favorite ingredients. You can also mix and match different options to keep things interesting.

2. How can I make sure my child's lunch stays fresh until lunchtime?

Investing in a good quality insulated lunch box or bag can help keep your child's lunch fresh until lunchtime. You can also use ice packs or freeze a water bottle to keep the food cool. Packing items that don't spoil easily, such as crackers or dried fruits, can also help keep the lunch fresh.

3. What are some fun and creative ways to pack fruits and vegetables in my child's lunch?

You can make fruits and vegetables more appealing to children by cutting them into fun shapes or arranging them into a colorful bento box. You can also dip them in hummus or peanut butter for added flavor. Another idea is to include fruits and vegetables in a sandwich or wrap.

4. How can I ensure my child's lunch is balanced and nutritious?

A balanced and nutritious lunch should include a serving of protein, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and a source of healthy fat. You can achieve this by packing items such as a turkey and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread, carrot sticks, an apple, and a small container of nuts or seeds.

5. Are there any options for kids who have dietary restrictions or allergies?

Yes, there are plenty of options for kids with dietary restrictions or allergies. You can substitute ingredients in recipes to fit your child's needs, such as using gluten-free bread for sandwiches or nut-free spreads. You can also pack items like yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, or bean salads for a protein source if your child cannot have meat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • GracedLiving
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Halle-Doodle
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies