• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Challenges and Building a Successful Business with Pampered Chef

In summary, the conversation discussed the speaker's recent car accident and resulting injuries, as well as losing their job. The speaker then shared their excitement about potential bookings through Pampered Chef and asked for advice on generating catalog shows. They also mentioned using their injury and job loss to reach out to past hosts for help with parties. Others in the conversation offered words of encouragement and shared their own experiences with disabilities and adapting for Pampered Chef shows.
cookinforyou
Gold Member
Hi everyone

I have been a member here for almost a year and a consultant just over a year. In June my family was in a bad car accident leaving me with a summer of doctors, hospitals and therapist for myself and my parents. While we are all on the mend and praising God for no fatalities, I have been left with long lasting injuries to my right hand and arm (I am rightie of course) and nerve and muscle damage to my head and neck.
2 weeks ago I lost my position as a FT employee for my company after 10 years of exemplary service. While I am not totally dismayed by my dismasal, it is still a bit of a thorn.
But the great thing is I have Pampered Chef :) and I am thrilled the last 2 days I had some past leads turn into a possible recruit and a catalog show.
So why am I telling you all this and what does it have to do with bookings.

Well I am unable to drive at least for now, have limited and somedays no use of my right hand. I have tons of calls to make and hope to book catalog shows out the waahoo or at the very least get lots of orders and referals and of course more recruits!
But once I am done calling I need a good plan on how to keep moving forward bookings are rare from catalog shows at least from my experiance.

So please shower me with thoughts on how to generate easy to do catalog shows ( I thought of the beauty parlors but the ones near me are not very well run), how to get to more contacts and how to expand my business when I am not face to face (which is what I am most comfortable with).

TIA

God Bless,

Jan

wishin you the best! there's a great thread about "pampering" businesses. Check that out!good luck!!

thanks Healthnut I will search for it!

HealthNut said:
wishin you the best! there's a great thread about "pampering" businesses. Check that out!

good luck!!

thannk you!!!!

After reading all the post adapting the letter to my liking I stoppped at my pharmacy to pick up scripts and asked if they would like to be pampered, and the girl was asked a few questions and looked at her co-workers and said "hey do we want to be papmered?" they looked confused so I told her I would stop back in 2 days, well that was today and I had a 1/2 binder ready to go with a cover that featured all the new fall line and inside catalogs order forms and protector sheets that had the host special, guest special, recruiting info and a fundraising flyer. then in the back pocket I placed an envelope marked placed completed orders here.
I told her I would be back 2 weeks from today with a dessert for them and to pick up the book.
And before I left one of the ladies mentioned she had the potato chowder last night and loved it, I am super excited and plan to talk to the tellers at the bank next.

I wish you the best! You have the determination that it will take to make your goals!

One thing to remember, go back to your past hosts. It almost sounds terrible but use your tragedy and your current health problems and that you lost your job to get help from them. Tell them you are mostly doing catalog parties or are only doing close to home parties and no demo. Do this so you can pack extremely light to go to someones home. Prepare a recipe at home, in your time as you can. Then simply take it with you already prepared. If you need help when you get there, make sure they know you need it before you get there. People love to help.

I am so sorry for your accident. You have such great determination...you will do great!

I am just starting out (grand opening is October 8th). And I have an injury which prevents me from using my left arm and hand most of the time. I was injured over 2yrs ago....I can sympathize with you. I've made a multitude of accomadations for my disibilty. You will do great!!!!

I signed up because the show I went to was interactive. The consultant talked about the products and the guests used the products to make the recipe. I realized I could do that!! My husband will be transporting me to start off, and my first shows are through friends who understand and will help carry my stuff.

Carts with wheels are my new friend :). Oh and a good back pack helps too!

You are going to do AMAZING!!!

pampered1224 said:
One thing to remember, go back to your past hosts. It almost sounds terrible but use your tragedy and your current health problems and that you lost your job to get help from them. Tell them you are mostly doing catalog parties or are only doing close to home parties and no demo. Do this so you can pack extremely light to go to someones home. Prepare a recipe at home, in your time as you can. Then simply take it with you already prepared. If you need help when you get there, make sure they know you need it before you get there. People love to help.

That is a fault of mine I have a very hard time asking for help, but I am working on it! Thanks I know a few would really want to help. But I need to call them all so I am not pre-judging :)

Tamzin1020 said:
I am so sorry for your accident. You have such great determination...you will do great!

I am just starting out (grand opening is October 8th). And I have an injury which prevents me from using my left arm and hand most of the time. I was injured over 2yrs ago....I can sympathize with you. I've made a multitude of accomadations for my disibilty. You will do great!!!!

I signed up because the show I went to was interactive. The consultant talked about the products and the guests used the products to make the recipe. I realized I could do that!! My husband will be transporting me to start off, and my first shows are through friends who understand and will help carry my stuff.

Carts with wheels are my new friend :). Oh and a good back pack helps too!

You are going to do AMAZING!!!

that is awesome congrats on your new business, I am certain you will do well too!!

Cookingforyou - I had a hard time doing it too. I think it is built in to all of us to not want to ask for help for anything. I remember my favorite line from when I was about three - "I can do it myself". Well, guess what? It does not always work out good when we do that! We all have a story to tell. Yours just happens to included a ton of things that I assume you would like to forget about and overcome. Well, overcoming those may need a boost from your list of 100! Never allow your self to get so bogged down in the problem but rise with the solution! And with your attitude lady, you will do great!

Cookingforyou: You are an inspiration to all of us! I would ask your contacts to introduce you to someone new. Referrals can really help your busines!

thanks, Anne I don't know about being an inspiration but I do appreciate all the support. and John thank you I need to keep myself positive and if I do I know I can do it!

1. What is "Back to a New Beginning"?

"Back to a New Beginning" is a special collection of Pampered Chef products designed to help you get organized and refresh your cooking routine for the new year. It includes products such as the Meal Prep & Serve Set and the Meal Prep & Freeze Set, as well as recipes and tips for meal planning and organization.

2. How can the "Back to a New Beginning" collection help me with meal planning?

The collection includes tools such as the Meal Prep & Serve Set and the Meal Prep & Freeze Set that make it easy to prepare and store meals in advance. It also includes recipes and tips for efficient meal planning, helping you save time and stress in the kitchen.

3. Is the "Back to a New Beginning" collection only for people who are new to cooking?

No, the collection is designed for anyone looking to refresh their cooking routine and get organized in the kitchen. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced cook, the products and resources in this collection can help simplify and streamline your meal prep process.

4. Can I purchase individual products from the "Back to a New Beginning" collection?

Yes, all of the products in the collection are available for individual purchase. However, purchasing the entire collection allows you to save money and receive additional resources and tips for meal planning and organization.

5. Is there a warranty for the products in the "Back to a New Beginning" collection?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products come with a satisfaction guarantee and a limited warranty. If you experience any issues with your products, our customer service team will be happy to assist you with a replacement or refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MrsNetNut404
  • CarlyK
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
djreed
  • blarrabee