• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Back Order -Or- Stop Sell -Or- Okay? ..... I Need a List!

In summary, the Holiday Spreaders are stop selling, the Dot's Wine Glasses are back order, and the Holiday Plates and Platter are on stop sell.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I'm starting to get confused as to what is okay and what isn't! This is what I think:

Holiday Spreaders - Stop Sell

Dot's Wine Glasses - Back Order

What about the Holiday Plates and Platter?

Anything I'm missing?

pamperedlinda said:
I'm starting to get confused as to what is okay and what isn't! This is what I think:

Holiday Spreaders - Stop Sell

Dot's Wine Glasses - Back Order

What about the Holiday Plates and Platter?

Anything I'm missing?

I'm so confused now myself...& that doesn't take much..;)

I think the holiday plates/platter are on backorder, until HO does further testing. JAE had the same question over the weekend, and the note from HO wasn't very clear about them. Those items were confusing, too, because they are affected by a CA law that doesn't affect the rest of the country.

Here is backorder status as of last week:Back Order StatusThe following information is current as of Thursday, August 28, 2008:The following items are currently on back order: * Bamboo Square Bowl, Item #2249
* Chillzanne® Rectangle Server, Item #2781
* Chillzanne® Bowl, Item #2785

holiday plates/platter are on stop sell. Someone just pointed it out in another thread. (I must have skimmed that part of the note.)

3 items are on a stop sell, one now on back order. Those of us in CA (me- not by choice but by the Navy!) don't always agree with CA laws! lol :)

I hope no one complains about DMV in other states- this one here takes 4-6 WEEKS to just get a new car registered and plates!! YIKES!!!

jbdowd0798 said:
3 items are on a stop sell, one now on back order. Those of us in CA (me- not by choice but by the Navy!) don't always agree with CA laws! lol :)

I hope no one complains about DMV in other states- this one here takes 4-6 WEEKS to just get a new car registered and plates!! YIKES!!!

Uh, Wisconsin is just as bad...and don't get me started on emission testing in the lower part of the state!!!! I am SOOOO glad I don't have to do that anymore!

Are our hosts going to get the bamboo bowl? My host ordered the rectangle Chillzanne and it is on backorder...I hate to have to tell her she doesn't get her bowl either. What was the reason the bamboo bowl was put on backorder?

What was the reason the bamboo bowl was put on backorder?

I'm assuming it is high demand, like when the grill baskets first came out.

The bamboo items (bowl and knife block) were on backorder because of delays getting the inventory from China because of heavy rains.

So is this correct?

Backordered
Dot's Stemware

Stop Sell
Holiday Spreaders
Holiday Appetizer Plates
Holiday Serving Plate

chefann said:
The bamboo items (bowl and knife block) were on backorder because of delays getting the inventory from China because of heavy rains.

...or the Olympics. Until the end of July, I worked in a big furniture store, and we were all warned back in Feb. or March that certain vendors (the ones from China) would be at a standstill the entire month of August because everyone got off for the Olympics. Production would continue after the Olympics and so would shipping.

It will be interesting to see when the Bamboo bowls come in. If it's next week, you can almost certainly know it was on hold because of the Olympics.

pamperedlinda said:
So is this correct?

Backordered
Dot's Stemware

Stop Sell
Holiday Spreaders
Holiday Appetizer Plates
Holiday Serving Plate

You are correct, but you need to add the items from Janet's post in #4

The following information is current as of Thursday, August 28, 2008:

The following items are currently on back order:

Bamboo Square Bowl, Item #2249
Chillzanne® Rectangle Server, Item #2781
Chillzanne® Bowl, Item #2785

pamperedlinda said:
So is this correct?

Backordered
Dot's Stemware

Stop Sell
Holiday Spreaders
Holiday Appetizer Plates
Holiday Serving Plate

Yes Linda - Believe you are right! (so glad you started this thread - I too was totally confused!!)

KellyTheChef said:
You are correct, but you need to add the items from Janet's post in #4

The following information is current as of Thursday, August 28, 2008:

The following items are currently on back order:

Bamboo Square Bowl, Item #2249
Chillzanne® Rectangle Server, Item #2781
Chillzanne® Bowl, Item #2785

Thanks Kelly,

I'm not concerned with the Chillzane since I'm working Sept sales - also, I believe that those two had a 'submit by' date in order to be filled. I'll add the Bamboo Bowl to my list.

PamperedDor said:
Yes Linda - Believe you are right! (so glad you started this thread - I too was totally confused!!)

Last week I started a thread about how it would be SO nice if there was one section on CC where this kind of stuff was summarized! Not just the back ordered stuff - but the stop sells too! Also the stop sells of retiring products!

Just look at the confusion in this thread alone!

I DID email HO, but only received an auto reply.

I just called the Solution Center. This is the list she gave me (this is for the FW catalog only):

Backordered
Dot's Stemware
Bamboo Bowl

Stop Sell
Holiday Spreaders
Holiday Appetizer Plates
Holiday Serving Plate[/QUOTE]

I'm just curious why they put the dots stemwear on backorder when really it should be stop sell. I mean, they are not out of them. They stated in the email they were trying to correct the issue with the dots coming off. That to me is a stop sell issue. Just curious.

tabnat80 said:
I'm just curious why they put the dots stemwear on backorder when really it should be stop sell. I mean, they are not out of them. They stated in the email they were trying to correct the issue with the dots coming off. That to me is a stop sell issue. Just curious.

I'm guessing that it's probably a quick fix and they didn't want to stop sell everything.

The email stated that only some of them were bad - like certain batch numbers from the factory. Mine are perfectly lovely. I washed them several times and the dots are still there.

yeah but some of the holiday plates didn't test for lead either and they are still put on stop sell.

tabnat80 said:

It depends on the lead time to get replacements. If replacements and corrected stock can arrive quickly, it is a backorder issue.

If it is going to take 6-8 weeks to get from overseas PLUS the time to correct the issue, it is a stop sell situation.

Oh Ok. Thanks for clarifying

janetupnorth said:
It depends on the lead time to get replacements. If replacements and corrected stock can arrive quickly, it is a backorder issue.

If it is going to take 6-8 weeks to get from overseas PLUS the time to correct the issue, it is a stop sell situation.

pamperedlinda said:
I just called the Solution Center. This is the list she gave me (this is for the FW catalog only):

Backordered
Dot's Stemware
Bamboo Bowl

Stop Sell
Holiday Spreaders
Holiday Appetizer Plates
Holiday Serving Plate
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this thread Linda, I was going to start one asking the same thing! But luckily or (sadly) my first Sept show isn't until the 18th!

I don't want to open a can of worms but all of this makes me wish that more of our products were made in America - and also very thankful for those that are. :(

pamperedlinda said:

Backordered
Dot's Stemware

it's DOTS stemware with no apostrophe.

Right, we don't want "DOT" to be upset and sue for defamation. ;)

So I just checked out my website. In the on-line catalog, they are showing the stop-sell items. I would've thought there would be a not available sign on there somewhere. Maybe if you click on them and go to checkout something would come up?

DebbieJ said:
it's DOTS stemware with no apostrophe.

oops....:eek:

I hate it when people butcher grammar...;).

1. What does it mean when a product is on backorder?

When a product is on backorder, it means that the item is currently out of stock and will not be available for immediate purchase. This could be due to high demand or production delays.

2. Can I still place an order for a product that is on backorder?

Yes, you can still place an order for a backordered product. However, please note that the item will not be shipped out immediately and there may be a delay in receiving it.

3. How long does it typically take for a backordered product to become available?

The timeframe for a backordered product to become available can vary. It depends on the popularity of the product and the availability of materials needed for production. Our team will do our best to provide an estimated time of arrival for your backordered item.

4. What does it mean when a product is on "stop sell"?

A product on "stop sell" means that it is no longer available for purchase. This could be due to a discontinuation of the product or a temporary halt in production. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

5. Is it possible to still purchase a product that is on "stop sell"?

Unfortunately, no. When a product is on "stop sell," it means that it is no longer available for purchase. We recommend checking out our other similar products that may meet your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • KellyRedHead
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lmradlein
  • jbachen