• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Babysitting Issue for Prospective Recruit

In summary, the woman has some concerns about babysitting in order to get to parties, but she is interested in Pampered Chef and is willing to try it. She has some ideas for how to make it work for her.
ChefJen2012
I think I may have my first recruit!

She seems to be really interested and her husband is on board but... she has some concerns about babysitting in order to get to parties. She works days and her husband works nights, so I am trying to ease her concerns. I told her that I do her first party and it would be at her house so no problem there. I am also trying to talk up Facebook shows and the personal website.

Anyone have any other ideas???

Have her schedule shows on evenings on Hubby's days off. That's the cool thing about Pampered Chef. SHE gets to choose her work schedule. ;)

I don't know if she has any vacation time but taking a day every once in a while to host a party or 2 wouldn't be bad. Also, if she has a job that she gets "Holiday" a.k.a. President's Day, MLK, Columbus Day etc. she could schedule shows for people that would normally work those days but have off. I think once she starts making some money it won't be a problem. Also if she has family or friends that could watch her kid/kids a few times a week. Or even swap babysitting with other moms. Or if a mom babysits for her she could offer to get them a "gift" and put it on the host order so she would get it at the discount. Hope some of these suggestions help.

What about partnering with some friends who would trade daycare service for Pampered Chef products?

I have one on my team in a similar situation and she and a friends who is also a mom and a consultant for another DS company set up a schedule of dates when they will sit for each other. If Jane has a PC show, Dawn watches Jane's kids and when Dawn has a 31 show, Jane watches her kids.

They both do 6-8 shows a month so it works out well for them.

Another consultant on my team has a great relationship with her sitter and books her shows based on when the sitter is also available. This consultant averages $125 a show and pays about $30 for the sitter so still making about $100 a show after sitter costs.

What qualifications do I need to have in order to become a babysitter?

In order to become a babysitter, it is important to have some prior experience in childcare. This can include babysitting for family or friends, volunteering at a daycare or summer camp, or taking a childcare course. It is also helpful to have basic knowledge of first aid and CPR.

Do I need to pass a background check to become a babysitter?

Yes, most families will require a background check before hiring a babysitter. This is to ensure the safety and well-being of their children. You can obtain a background check through your local police department or through a reputable online service.

How do I negotiate my pay as a babysitter?

Before accepting a babysitting job, it is important to discuss pay with the family. You can research the average pay for babysitters in your area to get an idea of what to charge. Factors such as the number of children, their ages, and any additional responsibilities can also affect your pay. Be sure to communicate your expectations clearly and come to a mutual agreement with the family.

What should I do if an emergency arises while I am babysitting?

If an emergency occurs while you are babysitting, it is important to remain calm and assess the situation. If someone is injured or in need of medical attention, call 911 immediately. If it is a less serious situation, contact the parents and follow their instructions. It is also a good idea to have a list of emergency contacts and important information (such as allergies or medical conditions) for each child before starting the job.

What are some important things to discuss with the parents before starting a babysitting job?

Before starting a babysitting job, it is important to discuss expectations and responsibilities with the parents. This can include things like bedtime routines, food allergies or restrictions, preferred activities, and any additional duties (such as light housekeeping or meal preparation). It is also important to discuss payment, emergency procedures, and contact information. Communication is key in ensuring a successful and safe babysitting experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefDeb
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
chefliz
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • wadesgirl