• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Ready for Baby's First Christmas at Local Babies 'R Us Fair!

In summary, the Babies 'R Us store is having a fair on a Saturday in December and they want the table set up by the food sampling area. The theme is "Baby's First Christmas." The table can promote a cooking with kids show, but the main goal is to get bookings. The author suggests promoting a Kids in the Kitchen show and passing out recipes.
amya
I was just contacted by a manager at our local Babies 'R Us store. They are having a fair on a Saturday in December and she wanted me to have a table set up there. The theme is "Baby's First Christmas." I told her I would be there, basically because I am in the middle of a slump and need all the contacts I can get.

Does anyone have any ideas for this theme? She asked me not to make any sales at the event, but getting shows booked is fine. She also said to feel free to make any food samples I might want.

Any help here would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

I don't understand why babies r us would call you to set up at their store. Do you know the manager? Why won't they let you sell? Do you think they just wanted you to come with food? Sounds weird that they would call you but then tell you that you can not sell. But, all that said, it would be a good chance to get some bookings.

I have done a table a few times at a Babies R Us. I would suggest to think about promoting a cooking with kids show. Not that brand new babies could do this, but likely the people shopping will have other kids. Do a raffle for something small or a grouping of what you tend to use for door prizes and include a free kitchen show as a prize. You could offer a runner up prize of JUST a free kitchen show. I do this at every booth I do and I don't always have people take me up on the 2nd place prize, so I would worry too much that it would get too expensive. I'll attach some fliers I've used at the baby fair things. Is it a free table? You may have said that already. I would go ahead and do it, but keep in mind if you don't get any immediate bookings, that doesn't mean some won't pop up in the future. I just had a show last month from someone I met at Babies R Us and it took hear a YEAR to book a show. You never know!!

Hope these help....
If you use any of them and you're able to copy something on the back, be sure to put some of the upcoming host specials or your own little flyer to promote something good. :)

Baby shower cakeHi. I haven't personally made this, yet (and don't own the set yet!) but I've been told you can use the cake pan set with the checkerboard insert to make a cute baby shower cake. You use a regular plain/vanilla cake recipe and you can put food coloring the in the batter. Pink and white or blue and white if they know what the baby is. Or pink and blue for someone who is waiting to find out 'til baby is born.
I'm not sure how that would do to feed a crowd coming through a Babies 'R Us...maybe you could cut it in very small pieces.
Only drawback is they might think you do "babyshower" kitchen shows. Who knows--someone out there probably has!

Thanks so much for all the ideas. Does anybody have any baby food recipes using our products? I thought it might be a good idea to pass out a few recipes at the booth.

Take your quick stir pitcher and your food chopper!!!

The quick stir pitcher is perfect for formula. I nursed my kids until they were 9 months and then used formula for the next three. You can make an entire days worth of formula before you go to bed and then at 3am when you have a screaming baby, all you have to do is pour it in the bottle and go back to bed before you have fully woken up.

As for the food chopper, I made all my own baby food. When the kids are old enough to start eating chunkier things, I used the food chopper. It can chop apples or anything else to just about any consistency in a matter of seconds!

I would also definitely promote Kids in the Kitchen shows. Many of these pregnant ladies will have older children and would love to do something like that. With that thought, I would take any of the kid stuff... cookie cutters, apron and hat, creative cutters, microcooker (mom's have no time) and anything else that will make an exhausted mom's life easier.

Have fun!

:D The food chopper is great I would also take the egg seperator if you have it. Children under the age of one are not suppose to have egg whites. I bought it for my son because he loved eggs, and I didn't want to take a food away from him that he liked. I sell a chopper and egg seperator to a lot of parents with babies on the way or under a year old. If demoing the quick stir pitcher put water in it with glitter, so they can see how it works. My consultant told me that, she may have found it on here somewhere. Have fun!!!!!
Amanda

1. What are some gift ideas for a baby's first Christmas?

Some popular gift ideas for a baby's first Christmas include personalized ornaments, plush toys, board books, and keepsake items such as handprint or footprint kits.

2. Is it necessary to buy a special outfit for a baby's first Christmas?

It is not necessary, but many parents enjoy dressing up their little one in a special outfit for the holiday. You can also opt for a festive onesie or holiday-themed accessories.

3. How do I make baby's first Christmas memorable?

Some ways to make baby's first Christmas memorable include taking lots of photos, starting new family traditions, and creating a special keepsake box to commemorate the occasion.

4. Are there any special recipes or food ideas for baby's first Christmas?

There are many baby-friendly recipes and food ideas for Christmas, such as mashed sweet potatoes, soft cooked vegetables, and pureed fruit. Just be sure to check with your pediatrician if you have any concerns about introducing new foods to your baby.

5. Should I buy a special Christmas gift for my baby or stick to practical items?

This is a personal decision, but many parents like to buy a special gift for their baby's first Christmas, such as a toy or keepsake item. However, practical items like clothing, diapers, and baby gear can also make great gifts that will be used and appreciated by new parents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pmprdprettyinsnj
Replies
Views
pcheframsey
  • DebbieJ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies