1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Baby Shower Games?

1. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I'm very excited. I requested permission at our church to hold a baby shower for Mary, the mother of Jesus. The idea is that women bring an unwrapped baby gift. The gifts are donated to a local crisis pregnancy center. It's a way for us to spend a little social time while focusing our attention on giving at the beginning of the holiday season.

We'll chat. We'll eat. We'll play a couple of games. Here's my problem--I need a couple of games that aren't specific to one mommy-to-be.

Anyone have any suggestions. Remember, it's a church group, so nothing naughty. Also, while I understand the fun, I refuse to do the game where you have to identify what's in the diaper.

TIA!

Nov 10, 2009
  2. chefmoseley

chefmoseley Member Gold Member

Rae,
    I've used this website for many ideas for many showers that I've thrown. On the left side is the different games. You could do one on children's literature, one on baby animal names, we also had a game where you would guess the price of different baby supplies. Or you could put about 10 baby items in a pillowcase and tell people they aren't allowed to look into the pillowcase but can feel the items and guess what the items are. We also did a 'memory game' where you show the guests a tray of baby items (more than 10 so it's harder to remember) and then you take the items away give everyone a paper and the one who remembers the most items wins...

Hope this helps :)

Free Baby Shower Games

Nov 10, 2009
  3. raebates

Thanks! I found just what I was looking for. I'll be doing the Nursery Rhymes Memory Game and How Well Do You Know Children’s Literature?

Part of my issue was that so many of the games they've had at the showers I attended were geared toward the mommy-to-be or the baby's name.

Nov 10, 2009
  4. nikked

nikked Senior Member Gold Member

My absolute FAVORITE is the rice & safety pin game.

Put a bag of plain white rice in a bowl, and mix in safety pins (NOT diaper pins...those are TOO easy). Blindfold the contestant, and time them (1 or two minutes). They have to pull out as many safety pins as they can in the allotted time...try it yourself. It's amazing how hard it is...

BTW...great minds and all that jazz...I, too, refuse to organize or participate in the diaper game or the baby food game. YUCK!!!!

Nov 10, 2009
  5. raebates

That sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm hoping for a large crowd. That game sounds like it could take a long time.

Nov 10, 2009
  6. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

at my baby shower, we passed around baby food jars with the labels taken off and you had to guess what the contents were. We wrote #s on the top of each jar to keep track. #1 was carrots, #2 was green beans, etc.

Nov 10, 2009
  7. nikked

nikked Senior Member Gold Member

It can be a little time consuming...if I have a large crowd, I make up several stations, have helpers in charge at each one...just a thought! If it won't work, keep it in mind for your next, normal sized shower. It's a HOOT!

Nov 10, 2009
  8. raebates

That makes sense. The main point of the shower is for all of us to do some stuff together, so the station thing defeats my purpose. This is the first baby shower I've ever hosted. If it's a success, I'll be doing it every year.

Nov 10, 2009
  9. starrmarie

starrmarie Member

at my babyshower last month they did a game where everyone seperated into teams (we did 3 teams, about 6 people on a team) and you dress one of your team mates up like a baby using only toilet paper. It was soooo funny, and everyone really got into it making baby stuff out of toilet paper. Then you have the "babies" model their new gear and someone, or a team of judges pick the winner.

Nov 11, 2009
  10. raebates

Sounds cute, Starr.

Nov 11, 2009
Have something to add?