• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun Baby Shower Games for a Worthy Cause | Church Group Activity Ideas

In summary, the women brought gifts to a local crisis pregnancy center in exchange for donations to help pregnant women. Some of the games included a memory game and a rice and safety pin game.
raebates
Staff member
I'm very excited. I requested permission at our church to hold a baby shower for Mary, the mother of Jesus. The idea is that women bring an unwrapped baby gift. The gifts are donated to a local crisis pregnancy center. It's a way for us to spend a little social time while focusing our attention on giving at the beginning of the holiday season.

We'll chat. We'll eat. We'll play a couple of games. Here's my problem--I need a couple of games that aren't specific to one mommy-to-be.

Anyone have any suggestions. Remember, it's a church group, so nothing naughty. Also, while I understand the fun, I refuse to do the game where you have to identify what's in the diaper.

TIA!

Rae,
I've used this website for many ideas for many showers that I've thrown. On the left side is the different games. You could do one on children's literature, one on baby animal names, we also had a game where you would guess the price of different baby supplies. Or you could put about 10 baby items in a pillowcase and tell people they aren't allowed to look into the pillowcase but can feel the items and guess what the items are. We also did a 'memory game' where you show the guests a tray of baby items (more than 10 so it's harder to remember) and then you take the items away give everyone a paper and the one who remembers the most items wins...

Hope this helps :)

Free Baby Shower Games

Thanks! I found just what I was looking for. I'll be doing the Nursery Rhymes Memory Game and How Well Do You Know Children’s Literature?Part of my issue was that so many of the games they've had at the showers I attended were geared toward the mommy-to-be or the baby's name.

My absolute FAVORITE is the rice & safety pin game.

Put a bag of plain white rice in a bowl, and mix in safety pins (NOT diaper pins...those are TOO easy). Blindfold the contestant, and time them (1 or two minutes). They have to pull out as many safety pins as they can in the allotted time...try it yourself. It's amazing how hard it is...

BTW...great minds and all that jazz...I, too, refuse to organize or participate in the diaper game or the baby food game. YUCK!!!!

That sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm hoping for a large crowd. That game sounds like it could take a long time.

at my baby shower, we passed around baby food jars with the labels taken off and you had to guess what the contents were. We wrote #s on the top of each jar to keep track. #1 was carrots, #2 was green beans, etc.

raebates said:
That sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm hoping for a large crowd. That game sounds like it could take a long time.

It can be a little time consuming...if I have a large crowd, I make up several stations, have helpers in charge at each one...just a thought! If it won't work, keep it in mind for your next, normal sized shower. It's a HOOT!

That makes sense. The main point of the shower is for all of us to do some stuff together, so the station thing defeats my purpose. This is the first baby shower I've ever hosted. If it's a success, I'll be doing it every year.

at my babyshower last month they did a game where everyone seperated into teams (we did 3 teams, about 6 people on a team) and you dress one of your team mates up like a baby using only toilet paper. It was soooo funny, and everyone really got into it making baby stuff out of toilet paper. Then you have the "babies" model their new gear and someone, or a team of judges pick the winner.

Sounds cute, Starr.

1. What are some popular baby shower games?

Some popular baby shower games include "Baby Name Scramble," "Guess the Baby Food," "The Price is Right: Baby Edition," "Baby Shower Charades," and "Don't Say Baby."

2. How do I choose the right baby shower games?

When choosing baby shower games, consider the theme of the shower, the age range of the guests, and the size of the group. It's also important to choose games that are inclusive, easy to understand, and don't require too much setup or materials.

3. Can I personalize baby shower games?

Yes, you can personalize baby shower games by incorporating the parents' names, baby's due date, or other personal details into the game. This adds a special touch and makes the games more meaningful for the guests.

4. Are there any baby shower games that don't involve physical activities?

Yes, there are many baby shower games that don't require physical activities. These include trivia games, guessing games, and creative activities like drawing or writing advice for the parents-to-be.

5. How many baby shower games should I plan for?

It's best to plan for 3-5 baby shower games, depending on the length of the shower. You can also have a few extra games as backups in case some take longer than expected or if guests are not interested in certain games.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WLMcCoy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedCaniac
  • natural
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Laura420
Replies