• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed for Baby Shower Menu Ideas - Pampered Chef Recipes Welcome!

In summary, Sarah is co-hosting a baby shower for a friend due on June 17th. She was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on recipes or menu ideas. Some of the guests may not know her because she does professional cooking. The attendees can bring recipes to show off kitchen tools they don't use often.
ChefJoyJ
Hi everyone! I've been MIA since the birth of my second precious little girl on 12/1. She's 5 months now and doing great! Anyway, one of my best friends is due on 6/17 and I'm co-hosting a baby shower for her. I was wondering if anyone had ideas on some great PC recipes that I could make for food. Or other recipes/menu ideas (non PC is fine too).

TIA!! :thumbup:

No suggestions right now, but - Welcome back, Joy!! I've been wondering about you. Congratulations on the new princess. She shares my son's birthday.

No WAY! My son was born December 1 too! How old is yours, Sarah? I want to know what these little December 1 babies end up like, personality wise :)

So far, my Dec. 1st baby (Olivia) is laid back, happy, and a contented baby. I'm very lucky! :)

My son is 19, and, yep, he is very laid-back for the most part, but very, very independent. Knew how to make his own cereal and put the movie in the VCR by the time he was 2. Back then, I thought it was a good thing, but now I realize independent and pig-headed are too closely related.

As far as a baby shower foods, how about doing a Power Cooking Show where all of her friends stock her freezer full of meals! She'll be thankful for real food when the baby comes.
Cute stuff to munch on in between bagging meal? Make some of the Sprinkles Dips that I saw on here (marshmallow fluff, cream cheese and Sweet Sprinkles...)
(*I have a Dec. 28th baby who's now 3... she's pretty calm when she's not around her big sister (July 2nd), but she has her "independent" moments too!)

I made the tropical torte with fresh pineapple for the dessert at my best friends baby shower and it was a HIT. the best thing about it is you can bring the recipe cards with you and keep em in your bag for when someone asks for the recipe (SOMEONE WILL). the collapsible bowls use and cares have some good salad recipes i've been meaning to try, plus it'd be good for june bookings ;-) do most of the guests know u do PC? if not, this is a fabulous opportunity! :)

I love the Lemon Tartelts... what about doing a bunch of minis... Lemon Tartlets, Pecan Tassies, Mini Cheesecakes, Brownie Truffles or Tuxedo Brownies... These are all wonderful. I guess I'm thinking of sweet stuff, not sure if that's what you wanted or something more for a meal...

the salads are great--Mandarin Pasta Salad or the Chicken Satay Salad. Love them both.

This is something I love to make for Baby showers. I get to show off some of our kitchen tools that don't get used a lot. I use the V-shaped Cutter, Mandoline, Utility and Santoku Knives, and Core and More. I've done it from memory so much I didn't know exactly how to "say" it so I got these instructions from online.

1. Buy a large watermelon. Cut a thin slice from the bottom so you will have a stable.

2. Use a drawing pencil or crayon and outline the carriage so it can resemble the carriage. Do it as good as you can. Carve a Watermelon Baby Carriage by using the outlines that you have marked on the watermelon.

3. Use a decorating tool or knife to cut the fancy edges of the carriage. Do this carefully and cut a smooth edge. It will look better evenly cut. Use a sharp knife to cut out the section to be used for the handle.Carve a Watermelon Baby Carriage by cuttng all the way through the rind.

4. Remove the top section of rind. Hollow the carriage and attach the handle of the watermelon carriage by using toothpicks.

5. Attach wheels made from orange slices and hubcaps made from strawberries and kiwis. Fill the carriage with approx. 4 cups of fruit salad.

Attachments

• Baby Carriage.jpg
    Baby Carriage.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 371

What are some easy appetizer ideas for a baby shower?

Some easy appetizer ideas for a baby shower could include mini quiches, caprese skewers, fruit platters, and cucumber sandwiches.

Are there any vegetarian options for the baby shower menu?

Yes, there are plenty of vegetarian options for the baby shower menu. Some ideas could include veggie wraps, stuffed mushrooms, roasted vegetable tart, and grilled vegetable skewers.

Can I use Pampered Chef products to make desserts for the baby shower?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that can be used to make delicious desserts for the baby shower. Some ideas could include using the Brownie Pan to make mini cheesecakes or using the Measure, Mix & Pour to make a fruit crumble.

Do you have any gluten-free options for the baby shower menu?

Yes, we do have gluten-free options for the baby shower menu. Some ideas could include gluten-free quinoa salad, stuffed peppers with rice, and gluten-free chocolate chip cookies made with our Gluten-Free Flour Blend.

Can I make the baby shower menu ahead of time using Pampered Chef products?

Yes, you can use Pampered Chef products to make dishes ahead of time for the baby shower. Our Quick Cooker and Deep Covered Baker are great for making dishes in advance and keeping them warm until the party starts. You can also use our Stackable Cooling Rack to cool and store baked goods ahead of time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cbord
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmelody
  • muffetts
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
purrbal
  • wycohibito