• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baby Shower Gift Ideas: MFP + Baby Food Recipes

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of making homemade baby food using the MFP (Manual Food Processor) as a gift for a cousin's baby shower. The speaker shares ideas for baby food recipes, such as processing peas, green beans, carrots, pears, and apples in the MFP, and using the Small Ridged Baker to cook apples before processing. They also mention using water and baby rice cereal to mix with the pureed food and adding in a ripe banana. The conversation continues with the speaker mentioning a website that provides helpful tips and recipes for making homemade baby food. They also share their own experience of making baby food using the MFP and freezing it in ice cube trays. Finally, they suggest using the salad choppers
wycohibito
Silver Member
I am going to a cousin's baby shower. My mom and I thought a MFP would be a nice gift. But I wanted to give her some recipes to go with it. Any ideas for baby food recipes??

Thanks for your help.:thumbup:

Just off the top of my head, she could cook & then process: peas, green beans, carrots, pears, apples. I bet you could even take part of the recipe for the mile high apple pie where you cook the apples in the Small Ridged Baker & then transfer them to the MFP for processing. Adding water & baby rice cereal to the MFP to mix it and maybe add in a ripe banana?

Found this on an old thread:

I know thread has been up a while, but I just came across it.

I hate to state the obvious, but now that the new spring products are out the MFP is perfect for making baby food. I am telling all of my pregnant friends and friends with small babies about it. It would be so much easier than dragging out the big food processor. PLUS it is small enough to fit in the average diaper bag when you are traveling and need to make baby food on the go. And when the baby is big enough for some table food, but needs it pureed, it will work great!

I made my daughter's baby food and it was very easy. I just cooked the food, fruit or veggies in water. Sometimes I used the micro-cookers. I cooked meat, like a turkey breast and chicken in the DCB in the microwave. Puree the food in a food processor and add water from cooking until it got to the consistency I wanted. Then I froze it in ice cube trays. Popped them into a ziplock, labeled it, and thawed to eat (micro-cooker, or prep bowls). I didn't think about this before...but I bet the mini muffin tin would work great for freezing baby food!

The food looked, smelled and tasted so much better than jarred food.

A website I found very helpful was:
Wholesome Homemade Baby Food Recipes, Make your baby healthy homemade baby food with our easy baby food recipes, solid food tips, baby nutrition & more!
They have recipes, what foods are good for what ages, and give tips on how to pick good produce. I found that helpful because I cooked some veggies for my baby that I don't eat that often myself, so I didn't really know what to look for.

I also used the salad choppers when I my daughter was big enough for small bites. I used them on green beans, chicken nuggets..etc.

A tip..don't try to make everything at once. When introducing new foods you will do the same food for several days to make sure your baby isn't allergic. So make plenty to freeze. Then do the same thing with the next food. Once you've introduced all of the foods you will have a freezer full of baby food and it will be quick and easy to grab and go.

1. Can I use my Pampered Chef products to make homemade baby food?

Yes, many of our products are perfect for making homemade baby food. Our Manual Food Processor, in particular, is great for pureeing fruits and vegetables into smooth baby food.

2. What is the best Pampered Chef product to give as a baby shower gift?

The best Pampered Chef product to give as a baby shower gift would be our Manual Food Processor. It's a versatile and easy-to-use tool for making homemade baby food, and it's also great for other kitchen tasks like chopping herbs and making sauces.

3. Do you have any baby food recipes that I can make with Pampered Chef products?

Yes, we have a variety of baby food recipes that can be made using our products. Our website and cookbooks have several options for purees, mashes, and finger foods that are perfect for babies and young children.

4. Can I use my Pampered Chef products to make baby food in bulk?

Absolutely! Our Manual Food Processor has a large capacity and is perfect for making baby food in bulk. You can also use our Quick Cooker to steam and puree large batches of fruits and vegetables for baby food.

5. Are there any Pampered Chef products specifically designed for making baby food?

While we do not have any products specifically designed for making baby food, many of our products are perfect for this task. In addition to the Manual Food Processor and Quick Cooker, our Food Chopper and Food Grater are also great for preparing fruits and vegetables for baby food recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • msmileyface