• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baby #2 on Her Way - Help Me With a Name

In summary, the woman is having trouble choosing a name for her second daughter and would love input from her friends. The woman has narrowed down the names to either Adele or Madeline, but aren't 100% set on those. She also thinks about Madeline Adele, when she was naming her other children. The woman likes names that are obvious what the sex are and unisex nicknames but also legal names that are not too common. The woman's vote is for Madeline Joy, with the nick name Maddie.
jcsmilez
Gold Member
Hey Cheffer friends,So baby #2 is due to arrive this November and we just found out it's a girl. :D I'm having trouble deciding on a name and would love your thoughts. I love the ability for her to have a nick name and the significance of family names and/or something that reflects our Christian faith. I also want something that is not super common, unique but not to the point that she will be pestered about her name. She will be joining my husband, Gabriel, me - Tristen, and our 2 yr old daughter Evelyn Grace - last name Holden.Madeline, Adele, Elizabeth, Kathleen, Evelyn and Gabriel are names from my family tree.I think we've narrowed first names down to either Adele or Madeline but aren't 100% set on those. Is Adele too old fashioned? Is Madeline too much like the very popular Madison? Too many choices, what do you guys think?Adele Josephine Holden
Adele Madeline
Adele Elizabeth
Adele Isabella
Adele GabrielleMadeline Joy Holden
Madeline Elizabeth
Madeline Isabel
Madeline Kathleen
Madeline Jade
Madeline Jacqueline
Madeline RoseEvelyn & Madeline
Evie & MaddieEvelyn & Adele
Evie & Addie

You have picked very beautiful names for your children. I don't think Adele is "too old of a name". I have an Ava and was told that was a name that was too old, but it fits her perfectly. Her legal name is Avital, it is a Jewish name and very uncommon. Go with what you think fits her best. You may have to wait and see her to decide, that's what I had to do with my 6th one. I named her Isabella for 3 days, then decided she was not a "Bella" as I had planned all along. I changed her name to Mia Isabella. But with my 1st one, I knew she was a Krista Renee the whole time I was pregnant with her. I like to play around with names, as my twins are Ava and Hannah, which are palindromes (their names are spelled the same forward and backward). Ok, I've went on long enough, but I know you will chose what best fits her. And by the way, Congratulations!!!

I think it's hard not knowing the relationships that go with those names but I think Adele Elizabeth is beautiful. Very classic names but not all that common right now. Congratulations!

My vote is for Madeline Joy...with the nick name Maddie.

I think as long as you and hubby are happy, that's what matters. Only the people present for the conception should get a vote. ;)But since you asked ... Madeline Joy popped out as my favorite. But since you really like the idea of using the family names, how about Madeline Adele? When I was choosing names, I said them out loud in that mean Mommy tone to make sure it would sound right together. I think both those choices flow well. ;)

Addie Rose
Addie Grace

I work in a pharmacy and deal with names all day long. I cringe at some names. I swear, parents don't think when they name their kids. This is a life long decision. I love names that are obvious what the sex are. I don't have a problem with unisex nicknames, but like legal names to be obvious. I once had a prescription for "Keegan Drew" I was about to enter the person as a male until I realized it was my neighbor and she was a girl.

I like Adele Elizabeth or Madeline Kathleen

This coming from the woman who was leaning towards Helene Therese or Nancy Helene if I had had a girl.

Coming from the mom of a Madolyn Grace and whose grandma was named Evelyn - I love your choices! I personally like Madeline Rose out of your choices. I always thought I'd call my daughter Maddie but I never have and she doesn't like having a nickname (and she's 10 now) so she will always be Madolyn to us!Congratulations and good luck with whatever name you decide. My two sons are Zachary Paul and Noah John and with the last name Miller - we had to be a little different!

I love Madeline Elizabeth

I like Madeline Joy. I also like how your other daughter's middle name is Grace, so Madeline's middle name Joy will fit perfectly!

Constance Noring
Carmine Dioxide
Lisa Carr
Bea Ferrone
Ginger Vitis
Dot Matrix
Marianna Trench
Olive Presser
Kay Sera
Natalie Attired
Susan Shocks
April Lynn Paris
Shanda Lear

And if you aspire for her to be an opera singer...
Barbara Seville

LOL You are funny KG. Unfortunately, some people would actually use some of those just to be funny!

I had a friend named Kane who threatened to name his daughter Candice. Luckily, her mother prevailed with something much more mundane.Another character, named Enders, told us he was going to name his son Bart. (Say it out loud.)The worst one I won't put up here, since it is a real person with a real name. Her parents claimed they did not realize they had named her after a famous ship wreck.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I had a friend named Kane who threatened to name his daughter Candice. Luckily, her mother prevailed with something much more mundane.

Another character, named Enders, told us he was going to name his son Bart. (Say it out loud.)

The worst one I won't put up here, since it is a real person with a real name. Her parents claimed they did not realize they had named her after a famous ship wreck.

Wow - they would actually name their daughter Edmund? Crazy!:eek:

;););)

And I was going the Titanic route ... ;)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
April Lynn Paris

KG, I met a woman whose mother purposely named her April (born in March) because her last name was... you guessed it... SHOWERS. She was married and actually hyphenated her name. Her mom decided on the first date if she ever married this man and they had a girl, she would be named April.

I personally hate it when parents have no creativity and name their daughters April, May, and June and they were born in those months. Those are all nice names, but to name a child the name of the month they were born in makes me want to yak. (So does the name Neveah due to it's spelling - Heaven spelled backwards- it's a pretty name, but someone needs to change the spelling so prevent all the vomiting. Navaeh anyone?)

By the way, my mom graduated from Pius XI High School in 1955. She wasn't in her grade, but there was a girl who graduated a year or two ahead of her named - Fairly Gay.

Another thread successfully
threadjacked.gif

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow - they would actually name their daughter Edmund? Crazy!:eek:

;););)

I'm sure that would have given her Fitz.

Sheila said:
And I was going the Titanic route ... ;)

Nah, she wasn't that big.

lt1jane said:
KG, I met a woman whose mother purposely named her April (born in March) because her last name was... you guessed it... SHOWERS. She was married and actually hyphenated her name. Her mom decided on the first date if she ever married this man and they had a girl, she would be named April.

I personally hate it when parents have no creativity and name their daughters April, May, and June and they were born in those months. Those are all nice names, but to name a child the name of the month they were born in makes me want to yak. (So does the name Neveah due to it's spelling - Heaven spelled backwards- it's a pretty name, but someone needs to change the spelling so prevent all the vomiting. Navaeh anyone?)

By the way, my mom graduated from Pius XI High School in 1955. She wasn't in her grade, but there was a girl who graduated a year or two ahead of her named - Fairly Gay.

My mother's name was June, but she was born in September. I have no idea where the name came from but it turned out to be prophetic. I was born in June.

Actually, June is my favorite month of the year for a number of reasons, it's late spring and early summer overlapping, the sky is soooo blue, the foliage and grass are soooo green, but the best part of all was that June was when school let out for the summer.

I kinda missed most of June this year, and now I have to wait 11 months for another shot at it.

Blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Last edited:
I like...Adele Madeline :D

Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions everyone. KG you have me convinced, Bea Ferrone it is!! :p

And is she turns out to have a twin brother, you could name him Mac Errone.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Another thread successfully
threadjacked.gif

My mother's name was June, but she was born in September.

That's a case where I like the name. Obviuosly she was named June because someone liked the name. A great reason to name a child. I get excited when I meet an April, Mae or June who was not born in the respective month. I find the uninspired boring naming of your children sad. This is your child, what you name them will have a lifelong impact and it's important to think about what you are naming them.

My son is Matthew. I thought long and hard about it. Matthew had been in the top 10 for the previous 30 years. I didn't want to name my child a name that everyone else was naming their child. Problem was, I fell in love with the name at 16 and knew I wanted to name a son Matthew. My siblings knew this and did not name any of their kids Matthew until I had a chance to name a son Matthew first. Twenty years later, I still loved the name and finally had my chance. His Middle name is his father's first name (Joel) which is not a common middle name, so he has some uniqueness. I noticed this year that it finally fell out of the top 10 for 2010. Yeah! But I still love the name and am glad I named him Matthew.

lt1jane said:
That's a case where I like the name. Obviuosly she was named June because someone liked the name. A great reason to name a child. I get excited when I meet an April, Mae or June who was not born in the respective month. I find the uninspired boring naming of your children sad. This is your child, what you name them will have a lifelong impact and it's important to think about what you are naming them.

My son is Matthew. I thought long and hard about it. Matthew had been in the top 10 for the previous 30 years. I didn't want to name my child a name that everyone else was naming their child. Problem was, I fell in love with the name at 16 and knew I wanted to name a son Matthew. My siblings knew this and did not name any of their kids Matthew until I had a chance to name a son Matthew first. Twenty years later, I still loved the name and finally had my chance. His Middle name is his father's first name (Joel) which is not a common middle name, so he has some uniqueness. I noticed this year that it finally fell out of the top 10 for 2010. Yeah! But I still love the name and am glad I named him Matthew.

I hear ya on that! When we were expecting our first, we looked through all the family names on both sides. We decided to name our daughter Kayleen. The "Kay" part was because my grandma and my DH's were both named Catherine, but went by Kay their whole lives. My mom's name is Kathleen, so we took the "leen" part from her. Then we gave her DH's mom's middle name. We thought we were being somewhat original, but...I was crushed when we went to the pediatrician's office for her to be seen when she was 2 weeks old...there were 5 Kaylee's (different spelling variations) on the sign-in sheet. :( So at school she goes by Kayleen, because that isn't as common, but at home we call her Kaylee.

jcsmilez said:
Hey Cheffer friends,

So baby #2 is due to arrive this November and we just found out it's a girl. :D I'm having trouble deciding on a name and would love your thoughts. I love the ability for her to have a nick name and the significance of family names and/or something that reflects our Christian faith. I also want something that is not super common, unique but not to the point that she will be pestered about her name. She will be joining my husband, Gabriel, me - Tristen, and our 2 yr old daughter Evelyn Grace - last name Holden.

Madeline, Adele, Elizabeth, Kathleen, Evelyn and Gabriel are names from my family tree.

I love the name you picked for your first daughter, Evelyn Grace

How about:

Adelaide Josephine Holden

She can still be an Adel, or Del, or Addie

I like Maddie Rose but all the names you listed are beautiful.

When my niece Isabelle Elise was born, her mom knew of no other Isabelles. Now she hears the name everywhere she goes. Curse of Twilight!

Now Elise is the most popular middle name in our family.

Mom, what's up in the top of that church's steeple?Isabelle.Do they own it?No, I think it's Elise.

On a serious note, if you don't want a super popular name, don't go with Madoline. It is a hot name these days.

Had I had a girl, she would have been Abigail Paige (calling her Paige). You're welcome to go with that!

Crossed off Madeline, yes, too popular. Definitely going with Adele and debating between Joy and Josephine for a middle name.Adele Joy Holden
Adele Josephine HoldenI like that she can go be Addie or AJ if she wants to be tomboyish. C-section scheduled for 11/14, counting down the days! :D

Best of luck to you on your C-section day! Be sure to share photos of the little lady!

What are the most popular baby names for girls?

The top five most popular baby names for girls currently are Emma, Olivia, Ava, Isabella, and Sophia.

What are the most popular baby names for boys?

The top five most popular baby names for boys currently are Liam, Noah, Oliver, William, and Elijah.

How do I choose a unique baby name?

One way to choose a unique baby name is to look at family names or names with personal significance to you. You can also research different cultures or historical figures for inspiration.

What are some trendy baby names?

Some trendy baby names currently include Harper, Luna, Milo, Finn, and Asher.

What are some tips for naming a second child?

When naming a second child, consider how the name pairs with your first child's name. You may also want to think about potential nicknames or initials. It's also important to involve your first child in the naming process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieSAChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heather223
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Back