• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Babies R Us Vendor Opportunity

I feel for you! Our store is hosting it on the same day, and we're not sure yet if we'll be able to participate.Thank you so much for the information! When I first started PC I heard some ladies on a loop talking about the Babies r us fairs. They have done them regularly for at least a few years. I tried to get in on them here but they allready had a PC person.
jjgrands1
Today I received a call from the marketing rep from Babies R US, stating that they had received my name as a PC consultant. They will be having a "Pampering Mom" demo with several different vendors on May 13. She said they wanted a PC vendor, MaryKay vendor, and a couple of others. I would be required to contribute a door prize of my choosing, but no vendor fee is required. They were interested in ideas for "quick & simple meals", and said I could also do a short demo if I wanted. They will also provide the 6' table with 2 chairs. Have you ever seen how many people come through a Babies R Us store on a Saturday? She also said that periodically they have different vendor booths set up in their store for special occasions. I just thought my fellow PC friends might want to check on this in their community. Let me know what your local Babies R Us store responds to this. Thanks!!!:) :)

Babies R UsThank you so much for the info! I'm going to call our store here tomorrow and see if they have something similar. Good luck with yours!

April

Thank youThanks for the heads up, I will call our branches here and find out too......:D

When I first started PC I heard some ladies on a loop talking about the Babies r us fairs. They have done them regularly for at least a few years. I tried to get in on them here but they allready had a PC person.

If it were me I would definetly do it especially since it is basically free! Just know thet there is no garuntee and it is ALL in the folowup!!!

JMHO

Our Cluster has the Babies R Us for the rest of the yearAnd I and another person in our cluster are sharing a BRU store. We had the 1st one two weeks ago. IT'S AWESOME. First and foremost, it's FREE. Second, we got a bunch of orders at the store, booked a couple of parties, and got a ton of recruit leads. We can hardly wait until next month. I would without a doubt do it. It's a great opportunity!

Thanks for the heads up!

I am waiting on replies from our stores.

I'll let you know what happens!

I am so bummed. I checked and we don't have a BabiesRUs within 100 miles of us. So I called the two ToysRUs stores here and they don't do gimicky stuff like that is what the one lady told me:-( It would have been great too! Oh well.

God Bless,
Dee

I got one store and waiting hear from the other. I am sharing with my recruits because it seems that all the stores are hosting the event on the same day May 13th. We all can't split ourselves in two:eek:

Thanks again!

Woo Hoo...thanksI got a store in my area.....I'm so excited....thank yousooooo much for the tip......yee ha.

Got the second store!

My recruits are off to a good start!

Thanks again for the tip!

Babies R UsYou are sooooo awesome, thanks for posting this information! I just called my local Babies r Us & she was so thankful that I called her! She said she had been looking & looking for a consultant and COULDN'T find one. I recommend everyone call their local stores.

Have a wonderful day!

I had the same experience--talked to the promo coordinator and she was excited that I called her! She said she was looking for someone.

I'm all set now. Woo hoo!!! And it's a good location that one of my far away recruits can join me--it's halfway between us. :)

Thanks, I just called my local store and she is going to get back to me!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I just called the 3 stores near me and though 2 I left messages for and will call back first thing tomorrow. I have one store which will confirm with me by Monday of next week. I am so excited and happy, thank you. Hopefully, it comes through I could really use the bookings.

Have a wonderful evening!!
Andrea Martinez-Ayala

Is this store thing going on at all the stores @ the same day? I was wondering because I want to call my stores, but I'm unsure what to say? What are you saying / asking?

DeeisPampered said:
I am so bummed. I checked and we don't have a BabiesRUs within 100 miles of us. So I called the two ToysRUs stores here and they don't do gimicky stuff like that is what the one lady told me:-( It would have been great too! Oh well.

God Bless,
Dee

I know what you mean:mad: I live in rural America, no BRU for at least 3 hours away! Bummer!

All of the stores are doing it on May 13. It's a corporate event.

When I called I said I was calling for more info on the Pamper Mom day on May 13. Then I explained that I was a PC rep and would be interested in having a table....had they found a PC rep yet.....

One store told me they already had someone but the second store was happy that I had called b/c she was looking but hadn't found anyone yet.

DebbieJ said:
All of the stores are doing it on May 13. It's a corporate event.

When I called I said I was calling for more info on the Pamper Mom day on May 13. Then I explained that I was a PC rep and would be interested in having a table....had they found a PC rep yet.....

One store told me they already had someone but the second store was happy that I had called b/c she was looking but hadn't found anyone yet.
Which stores did you try so I know not to try those??? What suburb are you in?

Thank You!!!!! :)I just called the Babies R' Us in my town and they were thrilled that I called....This is going to be fantastic! Thanks again for the heads up!!!! :)

The store near me was already booked with another consultant for May, but she booked me for June, July and August. I am about to share this with my team. Wahoo!!!

Lisa

Becky, Orland Park was already taken, so I'm doing Naperville.

woo hoo i just called the girl doesnt think they have a pc consultant but she is going to call me back! this would be great........what is everyone donating?

I will probably donate a gift certificate redeemable only through me. Or something from my overstock--a Celebrate plate maybe?

Here's what's worked, what's not workedWe didn't give any "product" away except a drawing for free kitchen show, which we all know - they enter the drawing for a free kitchen show - everyone wins. We brought a small munchie for the store cordinator and that's it.

Last month our table was next to a bakery, and they were giving away free slices of cake. People were like HOUNDS at that free cake. So, we've decided no food give away.

Of course we handed out recipes, tips for new parents, and mini-catalogs with contact information. If people requested, we did give a larger catalog. We talked the PC opps to numerous people, and we took orders (however you cannot take any payment for the order in the store, so you'll need to follow-up with people after the fact).

No latex balloons are allowed.

At our store we originally started out with a 6 foot table, but since the store cordinator loved us so much, she said she'll give us 2 6 foot tables for the rest of the year.

The stores have a monthly event. Just try to put a PC twist on it, and you'll get the store for the rest of the year.

Hope this helps.

Babies R UsI just called my local store too. Just waiting for the call back.. Sounds like a get opportunity!!!!

DebbieJ said:
Becky, Orland Park was already taken, so I'm doing Naperville.
Oh, that saves me a call then! Phooey though! Orland would've been nice to do.

I called Lansing (which is also near me) but the woman is out of town for a week in a half, so she is going to call me back. But, I called in Merrillville Indiana, and I was able to get in there! YAY! I am so excited.

She told me that we cannot sell at all on the premises, and we can do raffles if we'd like. If we provide food or a snack to taste, then we have to provide a list of ingredients to everyone!

Last edited:
I know, but there's so many of us around here that I wasn't surprised to hear that it was already taken. And with our NED nearby....

I'm actually excited about Naperville b/c one of my recruits lives out near Yorkville and we can actually do this together. It will be a boost for her to get some booking leads out her way.

DebbieJ said:
I know, but there's so many of us around here that I wasn't surprised to hear that it was already taken. And with our NED nearby....

I'm actually excited about Naperville b/c one of my recruits lives out near Yorkville and we can actually do this together. It will be a boost for her to get some booking leads out her way.
That's a great. I checked with my zip code, and it said that Naperville was the closest one to me. But I scoured and found one near my mom's house, so she can spend time with her granddaughter, and I can hang out at Babies R Us doing my thing.

Built in babysitting! Gotta love it!

I got this off of this loop months ago and saved it - thought you all could use it that hadn't seen it! Might be cute to take as many of these products listed and put little baby-bottle shaped tags (or something like that) on them with their use.
Now I need to call my Babies R Us! Thanks for the great idea! :)

Attachments

• baby stuff.doc
    99.5 KB · Views: 652
I just called my local store, and they were speaking to a rep, but after the initial contact the rep never returned any of their call so they gave the spot to me!! http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/realhappy/luxhello.gif

Now I need to go start a thread for ideas.

Babies R USI am so happy everyone is doing well with this. You are certainly welcome for the heads up. I do enjoy the feedback from everyone, and hope all your booths go well. If I hear of any other great opportunities, you will be the first to know.!!:) :)

I heard back tonight from my local store and I am in!!

Thanks!

I would have looooved to to this, but unfortunately, there are no Babies R Us stores in Arkansas!

Oh, My GoshI just called the store near me and the lady had not even thought about doing a PC stand, she was so excited I called that she signed me right up! Thanks for the idea, I would have never thought about it!! I have never done anything like this so now for the planning!! I will definitely do a win a free cooking show drawing (where everyone wins). But I do not know what else to do.

I was told that they have an information stand where my info would be kept for the rest of the month for people who could not make it to the event. What should I leave there? How should I set up the table. Oh, I wish my director was not on that cruise!! I would love to brainstorm with her!!

Any advice would be great!! I know I have a while but I may need to order something.

Thanks so much, you all keep my business going in such a fun way!!
Hilary:)

How do you do this?Hi Everyone,

I am new to PC. So, I would like to call Babies R Us and see if there are any openings left in my community. Also, my started month is set for June and this even is schedueld for May, would this cause a problem for me?

Any advise you would like to pass along, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Cheryl

Yippee, Skippie!!!Ever since I say this thread I have been trying to get a hold of the contact at my local BRU and she was always busy or not in. This morning I finally got a hold of her and I'm in!!! She trued to find a contact on the pampered chef site, but didn't get to far and she was thrilled that I called and is sending information for May 13th and other scheduled events.

Thank you... Thank you... Thank you! I'm at the start of rebuilding my business and am trying to do 1 event a month or so.

I love this site!

I'm in too! Thanks to this site, I called my BRU and the person in charge of the event was glad to hear from me! He had not had a chance to contact a PC person yet--so I saved him a phone call--and I'm In! I'm also a "newbie" to PC, so I'll be watching for ideas from you more seasoned veterans, about good ideas for the event.

Thanks so much for the information! I'm so excited about this opportunity!

Took a chanceI called a local BRU, unfortunately the lady in charge did not pick up her phone. But I did leave my name and phone number and told them I would like to set up a table for the Pamper Mom Event. Hopefully, this will help me build a customer base also, since my family has told me that they are not interested in purchasing PC products!!

Should I do a follow up call later this afternoon, or wait until tomorrow?

Cheryl

mom2kr said:
Hi Everyone,

I am new to PC. So, I would like to call Babies R Us and see if there are any openings left in my community. Also, my started month is set for June and this even is schedueld for May, would this cause a problem for me?

Any advise you would like to pass along, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Cheryl

No it would not cause a problem. All you do at this event is give out information and give away a prize. Since you just started you may want to give away a Season's best recipe book. Just remember that you cannot collect money at this event. If someone wants to buy something let them know that you will have to collect money later.
An idea for payment would be to give everyone self addressed envelopes with a stamp on it. That way they can write a check and drop it in the mail on their way home.
Any sales you make before your SS1 will go to your total sales for your first official month. In all this can help you get bookings as well to jump start your June.

I hope this has helped you. You can also email me with questions if you'd like.

Good luck!

I got a Baby R Us spot. Very excited but they said no food. Hm, what/how should I set up my display?

Thanks again for the great idea!

I amfocusing on recruiting.....:O)

I am soo excited too....I think that I will raffle off the quick stir pitcher as that can be used for mixing baby formula....

There is a doc on here for uses of items for parents...

I am doing the book to look to using the simple additions small bowl caddy with the eggs and prizes inside.......

Also catalogs w/receipts, they told me that we couldn't exchange money inside the store, but just go outside to take orders....but if you take charge cards, you can do it inside.....

I can't wait......

Let me know if you get any great ideas....no food is good for me :D

We are handing out recipe cards and doing a free cooking show drawing. Not really sure what else yet. I'm waiting for a packet of info from the store's promotions coordinator.

She did tell us no food or demo, so hershey kisses it is for us!

No food?That's funny that all of you are saying no food because the BRU I am going to be at says I HAVE to bring food! What's a good food that's not too messy to have out for moms? I don't want anything with too much garlic or onion or peppers for those pregnant moms who get heartburn really bad. I thought about just doing some little quiches and something sweet, who knows!? I figured for the free show drawing I would make a sign saying something like let me pamper you with a free cooking show, or something like that....:)

When I asked about food, the manager said no, unless I had insurance. Because if I make something myself and someone gets sick or something else happens they can sue me and not Babies R Us. Which I understand. We can have food or Candy that we buy, thats wrapped with another companys name on it. This way if something happens, they can go after that company and not me!

I can't wait to call my local BRU tomorrow morning! We don't have a huge BRU store but we have a Toys R Us with a built in BRU section. Are those stores having an event? My nearest store is over an hour away!!!:rolleyes: :)

It's all about liability and food service licenses and all....

ltkacz said:
We didn't give any "product" away except a drawing for free kitchen show, which we all know - they enter the drawing for a free kitchen show - everyone wins. We brought a small munchie for the store cordinator and that's it.

Last month our table was next to a bakery, and they were giving away free slices of cake. People were like HOUNDS at that free cake. So, we've decided no food give away.

Of course we handed out recipes, tips for new parents, and mini-catalogs with contact information. If people requested, we did give a larger catalog. We talked the PC opps to numerous people, and we took orders (however you cannot take any payment for the order in the store, so you'll need to follow-up with people after the fact).

No latex balloons are allowed.

At our store we originally started out with a 6 foot table, but since the store cordinator loved us so much, she said she'll give us 2 6 foot tables for the rest of the year.

The stores have a monthly event. Just try to put a PC twist on it, and you'll get the store for the rest of the year.

Hope this helps.
how did you put the twist on it? to make it rest of the year? Does this mean you went once a month?
Thx

When I got my spot I was told I could bring food but I had to show proof of the Pampered Chef insurance and I had to have BRU added on to my insurance for that one day only. I choose not to bring food before I called anyway. I want to focus to be on the products not on the "free food". I can't wait to get my info packet!

Hilary

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tada
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chee65
  • PChefAbey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
jcwarr