• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Babies R Us Vendor Opportunity

I feel for you! Our store is hosting it on the same day, and we're not sure yet if we'll be able to participate.Thank you so much for the information! When I first started PC I heard some ladies on a loop talking about the Babies r us fairs. They have done them regularly for at least a few years. I tried to get in on them here but they allready had a PC person.
Woo Hoo Woo Hoo Hoo!!!! I'm in too! I just called my local BRU and she was looking for a PC consultant....how lucky am I!!! Now, I've got to bust it to get ready!

Thanks again for the great ideas....you all are WONDERFUL!

Linda

Fairless Hills, PAHey if anyone is near Fairless Hills, PA the BRU is looking for a consultant.:D

So I didn't get May, but the store rep just called and invited me to the June event!

Need help in GAHow are you GA girls getting calls? I called the local store almost every day last week and the contact girl was out. Finally on Thurs. I left a message, Still haven't heard from here. Is it my store or what? :(

What is a FREE cooking show?
DebbieJ said:
We are handing out recipe cards and doing a free cooking show drawing. Not really sure what else yet. I'm waiting for a packet of info from the store's promotions coordinator.

She did tell us no food or demo, so hershey kisses it is for us!

I'm a brand new consultant. What is a free cooking show?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Congratulations on your decision to become a PC consultant! A free cooking show is one where you provide the ingredients and paper products for the host.

Good luck!

Yeah! ! !Finally I'm in :D I've got the BRU here.

Now what to demo, what to bring :eek:

Thanks for everyones support I was losing hope :rolleyes:

got it!well, I didnt get the date for the 13th but I did get it for June 10th for fathers day. sooo excited, I can't wait. Thanks for posting the great info.

Jenny :)

I tried calling my local BRU to talk to them about that Pamper Mom Day on May 13th.. the girl I talked to couldn't get ahold of the contact girl I had to speak with, but she took a message.. she kept thinking I was a vendor for Pampers and I kept trying to tell her that no, I was a consultant for THE PAMPERED CHEF.. So who knows if the message will even get to the girl, much less correctly! Ah well, time to haul my toddler there to talk to the woman in person. lol.

And bring alot of diapers with you, maybe you can sell them;) ;) ;)

Ginger:cool:

Anyone got quick recipes to be able to share or know where I can look them up?
Schel

Got The Cd---well Worth It!
Hi,

For all of you that are going to be at BRU in May, I highly suggest getting this CD from the Paperwork/Supply List. It has some great information and tips. The best tip that I like is, if someone didn't win the drawing, call them and say they won a Cooking show on you, as the 2nd runner up prize.

It's a great follow up call and they still get something for FREE!!:)

Just got the CD today and listened on my way into work. Its awesome. I got so many great ideas and feel like I'm really ready to be at a fair.

THANK YOU!!!

AJPratt said:
Just got the CD today and listened on my way into work. Its awesome. I got so many great ideas and feel like I'm really ready to be at a fair.

THANK YOU!!!

You're welcome! I need to listen to it again and write down some of the ideas before next Saturday!

So I called today about June (I'm out of town next weekedn) and my BRU told me that The Pampered Chef doesn't fit in with the June theme... argh! So frusterating to finally get a hold of someone and get told that PC doesn't fit in with dads in training...

With all of the grilling stuff and easy recipes and time saving things... and if that chopper isn't masculine I don't know what is....

chee65 said:
Thank you sooo... much for the information. I called my local BRU this morning and I'm in. The Events Coordinator was so excited I called. She said that she had been looking for a PC Consultant and finally got a phone # from her mom and she was going to call her later in the day. So Praise the Lord I got to her first. She told me that she is going to setup a demo time for me and announce it on the loud speaker when my time comes up. She is going to give me a 6 ft table also. She said the only rule was that I couldn't take money for anything in the store. She signed me up and said that she was looking forward to seeing me there. I'm so excited. I like the return envelope idea. I hope that it all goes well. I will keep checking for more ideas that you guys might have. I'm thinking about making up some samples of gift packages for baby showers and offer to wrap them for them. I was also thinking about making some wedding registry flyers available too. I'm so excited that I hope I don't get so nervous when the time actually arrives.

Hi you have an interesting idea.....what would you put in the sample gift package for a baby shower?:)

What's your focus?What is everyone going to focus on for the BRU event? Sales, Bookings, Recruits? I'm trying to find a plesant balance with all three, but not sure exactly what to do & what to bring with me. My Director is going to do this with me - our BRU is expecting 200-300 people that day! Some things we've talked about are:

1) Sample Baby Shower Gift Package - putting together PC items that are great for new moms

2) Show the Super Starter kit - let them SEE exactly what $90 buys them

3) Flyers - we're updating the Products for Parents that I found out here plus she has a few others that we are trying to meld together.

4) Other flyers to have on display: HWC, Super Starter, Fundraiser, Wedding (hopefully they are already married! but have freinds or family that might use this service)

5) Demo some of the products so people can see how great they are. I think we're going to bring some carrots to use in the Food Chopper. Quick Stir Pitcher - put some glitter/confetti in there with water so they can see how well the plunger works. Probably a few others.

6) We're going to have a drawing box. First Prize (actually 2 of them since there are 2 of us) is a Gift Certificate to spend with us. Several runner-up prizes are Season's Best, maybe mini-whippers, bamboo tongs....(kinda depends on if they are there and if we have to mail it what it will be). And, of course, the FREE party! Our BRU said that we could make our Door Prize announcements over their speaker system (gets our name out there several times during the day too!)

7) Bookings - my focus is JUNE, JUNE, JUNE! I'm not really going to mention any other month or tell what the special is. I'll call them later to discuss if they want something after June.

8) Recruits - I don't have any....maybe this will be my first! We are going to display the SA Stand & Platter too.

9) Catalogs - We are going to use our old ones with that cute poem on them. May give out a few new ones, if they ask, and I think my Director has some of the mini-catalogs too.

What else??????

That's all I can think of right now. Any more ideas out there? Should we start a seperate thread just for this and brainstorm together?

Linda

I was so curious as to what everyone is doing as well. I wanted to start a separate thread as well to brainstorm ideas. Maybe we should do that then?

New ThreadOkay everyone, this thread is getting really long so I started a new thread called Brainstorming for Babies R Us Event. Lets all go there and enter out thoughts and ideas on how to prepare for next Saturday.

Definately have recruiting coupons available! I know that June doesn't have any recruiting incentive (product-wise), but you could offer something yourself.. $10 back on the kit cost after they qualify. or 25 catalogs once they qualify (you'll get 50 free anyway, so it won't cost you a dime to give half of them to your recruit).

I am still working on some ideas. I like the idea from the CD of 3 coupons to a page.

jjgrands1 said:
Today I received a call from the marketing rep from Babies R US, stating that they had received my name as a PC consultant. They will be having a "Pampering Mom" demo with several different vendors on May 13. She said they wanted a PC vendor, MaryKay vendor, and a couple of others. I would be required to contribute a door prize of my choosing, but no vendor fee is required. They were interested in ideas for "quick & simple meals", and said I could also do a short demo if I wanted. They will also provide the 6' table with 2 chairs. Have you ever seen how many people come through a Babies R Us store on a Saturday? She also said that periodically they have different vendor booths set up in their store for special occasions. I just thought my fellow PC friends might want to check on this in their community. Let me know what your local Babies R Us store responds to this. Thanks!!!:) :)

THANK YOU ~ going to call our store tomorrow!

What do you all think about having your little one there with you? Dressed in the kids apron and chef's hat(if they'll wear it even for a few minutes) playing with play-dough, with the baker's roller, cookie cutters, etc... showing how little kids can help out in the kitchen...
I have a daughter - she'll be 7 the end of July... I think she'd love to spend time with me doing a PC "Show"... she always has been my biggest supporter... all she knows is me as a PC consultant!
She could be my little model, and stress how kids in the kitchen with PC products work so well together!
If she got bored, my husband and older daughter (11) would be close by at the mall, and they could either come get her, or the girls could switch.
Let me know your thoughts!

The BRU coordinator e-mailed me a paper with some rules, at our store no children are allowed at the tables. I was going to have my son sit with me, he is 9, to help out but now that isn't going to happen. You may want to check with your local store before you take your kids up there and they turn them away.

yikes!! I didn't realize!
I better call or email her tomorrow!
Thanks!! I'd have been in trouble if I brought her and couldn't have her there!

Babies R UsThanks so much for the tip on Babies R Us. I just called my local one today (as I just read this today) and they still are looking for more vendors and do not have a PC consultant yet. So I have to talk to the coordinator tomorrow--hopefully I will get in. So don't think it is too late to get in on this. I called a recruit in IN and she is going to call around too.

The lady at my local babies r us finally just called me back and oh my, she was SOO rude. "I have like 500 Pampered Chef consultants calling me. We don't need anymore. We're only authorized to use certain vendors for certain events and Pampered Chef just doesn't fit what we do. " That's almost verbatim what she said. And I said "Well I thank you for getting back to me" and then there was a click.

Ok. Geesh. She didn't have to be so rude. I'm sorry that 500 of us called her. I don't know why she bothered calling me back.

That was pretty discouraging. I'm totally new (had my first show last night) and it took all the guts I had to call before I had ever had a first show...I didn't need that kind of attitude.

StephanieTPC said:
The lady at my local babies r us finally just called me back and oh my, she was SOO rude. "I have like 500 Pampered Chef consultants calling me. We don't need anymore. We're only authorized to use certain vendors for certain events and Pampered Chef just doesn't fit what we do. " That's almost verbatim what she said. And I said "Well I thank you for getting back to me" and then there was a click.

Ok. Geesh. She didn't have to be so rude. I'm sorry that 500 of us called her. I don't know why she bothered calling me back.

That was pretty discouraging. I'm totally new (had my first show last night) and it took all the guts I had to call before I had ever had a first show...I didn't need that kind of attitude.

Sorry you had such a bad experience. Don't give up. I've had a few things happen like that, and I really just wanted to quit...but this time I gave it another shot and it might work out. So keep at it! If you have a local curves, I would get on the phone with them and just find out if they are interested in helping out with the HWC campaign. I talk to one yesterday that was nice enough but said she didn't have space and told me to try a couple other area ones...remember...we all have bad days and maybe this lady was just experiencing one herself. Don't take it personally, although I know that is difficult! You don't know who will say yes...so give yourself and someone else another chance to experience something great for your business...keep asking!

I don't know why people have to be so rude!

BRU EventI justed want to say good luck tomorrow. I wasn't able to get into the event for tomorrow, but was able to get into the one next month(All About Dad).
I hope everyone will post their results tomorrow! I will be looking for some suggestions.

Best of Luck to you All!
Amy

I can't wait for June! That's when I'm in, too!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tada
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chee65
  • PChefAbey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
jcwarr
Replies