• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Joining a Babies R Us Vendor Event Worthwhile for Your Business?

I feel for you! Our store is hosting it on the same day, and we're not sure yet if we'll be able to participate.Thank you so much for the information! When I first started PC I heard some ladies on a loop talking about the Babies r us fairs. They have done them regularly for at least a few years. I tried to get in on them here but they allready had a PC person.
Thank you sooo... much for the information. I called my local BRU this morning and I'm in. The Events Coordinator was so excited I called. She said that she had been looking for a PC Consultant and finally got a phone # from her mom and she was going to call her later in the day. So Praise the Lord I got to her first. She told me that she is going to setup a demo time for me and announce it on the loud speaker when my time comes up. She is going to give me a 6 ft table also. She said the only rule was that I couldn't take money for anything in the store. She signed me up and said that she was looking forward to seeing me there. I'm so excited. I like the return envelope idea. I hope that it all goes well. I will keep checking for more ideas that you guys might have. I'm thinking about making up some samples of gift packages for baby showers and offer to wrap them for them. I was also thinking about making some wedding registry flyers available too. I'm so excited that I hope I don't get so nervous when the time actually arrives.

Well, I called my local Toys R Us store and they aren't doing anything like it.:( The nearest BRU is over an hour and half away in Orlando so I guess I won't be doing it. That really stinks. :rolleyes:

I got in too!!
Thank you so much for the great lead!
My store said yes to food...
She was SO happy to see me! She said she was looking all over for a PC consultant!

I brought my friend who sells BeautiControl, and she got in too... even though there will be a Mary Kay person there.

I forgot to ask about selling, or having people place orders, guess I better call about that.

I was thinking about making a checkerboard cake with pink and blue... ???

I put it on the "Calendar" section of my website... And I plan on emailing those I know have small children or are expecting.

I am in on Mine too!!!!!! Hooray. I am very excited to meet new people. Does anyone have a theme in mind?

I got in at mine too!!!! The store manager said she'd been looking for a new PC consultant because she isn't happy with the current one. She said she wasn't personable or friendly to customers. I've never meet a PC consultant that wasn't so I'm quite shocked. But I guess it's good for me :)

Thank You!!I just called my local BRU and they didn't have a PC consultant yet!!!! She is sending me confirmation today!!

This site is awesome - Thank You!

Leea:cool:

YOU GALS ROCK! There is one in my area too and I'm awaiting a call back! Thanks for sharing!!!

BruWell, I finally got a hold of the event coordinator for my local BRU, and she said she had several PC's that she had been in contact with, so she did not want to step on any ones shoes, but from what I could tell she had no definite person in mind. She just told me to email her my information. What would you email to her??

Thanks,

Cheryl

babies r usi just read about this and called and they do not have a pc person!!! yeah!!! i am going to do the demo as well as the table. would love to see any photos someone may have of your table - and what items you highlight. i'm going to focus on homemade baby food and quick healthy meals for the whole family and which pc products will help you do that - but would love to see / hear what everyone else is doing. i am a new consultant and love reading everyone's thoughts!!
thanks

I Got It!!!I didn't think I had a chance but gave it a try. They had no one booked, so it's mine!!! Yeaaah! I also have a friend who sighned up at the same time for PC and invited her to do this with me. I am so excited!!!
I am definately going to do lots of reading here to do well at it!
Thanks so much for the heads up!!
Schel :D

jjgrands1 said:
Today I received a call from the marketing rep from Babies R US, stating that they had received my name as a PC consultant. They will be having a "Pampering Mom" demo with several different vendors on May 13. She said they wanted a PC vendor, MaryKay vendor, and a couple of others. I would be required to contribute a door prize of my choosing, but no vendor fee is required. They were interested in ideas for "quick & simple meals", and said I could also do a short demo if I wanted. They will also provide the 6' table with 2 chairs. Have you ever seen how many people come through a Babies R Us store on a Saturday? She also said that periodically they have different vendor booths set up in their store for special occasions. I just thought my fellow PC friends might want to check on this in their community. Let me know what your local Babies R Us store responds to this. Thanks!!!:) :)

Thank you so much! I just got booked for the store near me! Great person for sharing this :)

Ok, so I was told I got in back on the 20th. The lady was very excited when I called. It was so exciting!! She told me she would email me a conformation and info packet. I still have not gotten anything from her. Should I call her back tomorrow or wait for a few more days? I guess I am just nervous she lost my info or something LOL. Whoul you call or wait?

I would go ahead and call. It wouldn't hurt to jog her memory.

Thanks for the answer, guess I just needed valadation(sp?)!!:rolleyes:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I'm a newbie and saw the thread yesterday and called my local BRU and thought I was too late, and the corrdinator told me she was looking for a PC Consultant and didnt know how to reach one. So I lucked out and was able to get in. I called my director and gave her the info to pass on.

Meet the Public! Make the Most of Exhibits and Booths CDHi,

For all of you that are going to be at BRU in May, I highly suggest getting this CD from the Paperwork/Supply List. It has some great information and tips. The best tip that I like is, if someone didn't win the drawing, call them and say they won a Cooking show on you, as the 2nd runner up prize.

It's a great follow up call and they still get something for FREE!!:)

Congrats to all who got in on this opportunity. Have to be on the ball! I thought there was more than one in the Milwaukee area, but there isn't. Good luck to all and report on your good news

I don't know if this has already been posted, but you want to talk to the Promotional Coordinator for the store. I talked to the one near me briefly and she said she would give me a call back tomorrow--they were mobbed.

Does anyone know the details? Is this an all-day event? And is it possible that my director has already been contacted? I don't want to step on any toes!

Is this something BRU does once a month?

Hi,

For all of you that are going to be at BRU in May, I highly suggest getting this CD from the Paperwork/Supply List. It has some great information and tips. The best tip that I like is, if someone didn't win the drawing, call them and say they won a Cooking show on you, as the 2nd runner up prize.

It's a great follow up call and they still get something for FREE!!:)

Just ordered one! Thanks!

AJPratt said:
Just ordered one! Thanks!

You're welcome!

Just talked to my Promotional Director today and I'm in every month except a couple I had scheduling conflicts with.

I was told the events are from 11-3 and they prefer us there the whole time

How often do they do these events? I am out of town on the 13th, but would love to ask about future months? Am I right to assume from the other posts that these happen every month?

I was told they hold an event every month with a different theme so, you should be able to do something another month, I would call now though to get yourself booked in there.

I'm in!!Okay, the promotions coordinator called me just a few minutes ago and told me the person who normally does this event for PC was not able to be there, so I am in!! Yikes!! :eek: I really need some hand-holding here! What should I demo. From what I was told they need me to do a demo at a table in the front of the store. The would like something that would get children to eat their veggies, something a mom and child could do together. What do you recommend I do. I am panicking now. They said it should be about 15 minutes long, and they may want me to do 2 different demos at different times.

Thank you for all your advice in advance,

Cheryl

Ok... so please tell... all of you who have made the calls... (I am a newbie lol) what exactly do you say? I have called our local stores 3 times this morning and never made it past the machine that tells the store times without chickening out.
=P

Kirsten Anne...I'm guessing it's the BRU in Brookfield that you called as that's the only one in Wisconsin. Did you speak with Denise? I know there's another consultant in May and I'm in June, but when I spoke with Denise last, she said she wanted different consultants each month (makes sense to me), and at that point we were the only 2 on the schedule. I would call again and ask her for a future date.

Good luck!

Diane

I called and asked for the store's Promotion Director. They transferred me right to her. I introduced myself as a Pampered Chef consultant who heard they were having a Pampering Mom event. I told her I was interested in seeing if she had any arrangements with a Pampered Chef consultant yet. She said they would be happy to have me.

Julie

Calling is easier than it sounds
momabear8 said:
Ok... so please tell... all of you who have made the calls... (I am a newbie lol) what exactly do you say? I have called our local stores 3 times this morning and never made it past the machine that tells the store times without chickening out.
=P

I waited on the line until I got to speak to a real person and then I asked to speak to someone in their marketing department. When he came on the line I just said, "Hi, my name is Ranae Jones, and I'm a consultant with the Pampered Chef...." He interrupted and said, "Oh, I've been looking for you!" I said, "I've heard that you are having some sort of Pampering Mom event coming up in May. Have you found a PC consultant to work with your store yet?" He said no. I said, "I would really love to work with your store for this event." He said GREAT and passed me off to the person in charge, who acted like I had done her a favor by calling: stuff like "We've looking for a PC person. We were running out of time. Thanks you for getting in touch with us...."

I gave her my name and info, asked what time? was food allowed? was a raffle allowed? did I need to bring a table? what time to arrive? etc. It was easier than I had even imagined!:p

I called my local store and the promotions manager is off today, the other lady I talked to didn't think they had a PC person yet. She was going to call the promotions manager after she talked to me she said and get back with me. So I am hoping they don't have someone yet. I just lost a spot at a booth at a local fair because the consultant that had the booth overbooked people to help her. This would definitely make up for that.

Funny thing, the promotions manager of BRU is on my mom's board. She posted a couple of months ago, she doesn't have kids and wanted to get the moms opinions on the BRU events, etc. So I e-mailed her from my site as well, hope she doesn't think I am bugging her. Kind of a weird coincidence but maybe that will give me an in.

mom2kr said:
Okay, the promotions coordinator called me just a few minutes ago and told me the person who normally does this event for PC was not able to be there, so I am in!! Yikes!! :eek: I really need some hand-holding here! What should I demo. From what I was told they need me to do a demo at a table in the front of the store. The would like something that would get children to eat their veggies, something a mom and child could do together. What do you recommend I do. I am panicking now. They said it should be about 15 minutes long, and they may want me to do 2 different demos at different times.

On the Meet the Public CD mentioned earlier, it suggested a cute Fat Free Apple Pie using the Apple C/P/S. (I hear young moms love this product and it will draw attention.) This is just a peeled, cored apple cut in half and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar (the flour/sugar shaker). Tada! My director suggested this a possible recipe.

I am so excited, the promotions manager called me back (on her day off no less) and I have the booth. She said I could make food, she is having a local lady she knows bake a cake so I can make my own or buy candy, either way. She said absolutely no sales though, not even the envelope thing. No problem, I will just promote my website if anyone wants to place an order.

Thanks jjgrandes1 and everyone else for the information. This will be my first booth, I am so excited.

june, july & aug???what's going on in these months? If I can't get in in May maybe I can get in over the summer. If I can ever get ahold of the lady :confused:

I called my local store today also and am waiting for the girl to call me back!

Thank you SOOO much for this info!!!

I'm In Too!I found 2 locations near me and I got in the closest one, the other was already taken. What a great chance to boost business inexpensively!! Thanks for sharing! :D

I would walk into the store, if you are standing there they will help you!
Unless it is too far to drive ...
I walked in and she put my name down, and took my info!

I think anything face to face is best if at all possible!

I'm waiting to hear back... the lady didn't say "no", so I'm going to follow up tomorroe.

They already have someone for my store!!! That stinks but thanks again for sharing the info!!

yes face to face is best. The closest store to me is an hr drive so I called. Good thing because the lady in charge is Never there. :confused:

If I get in what sort of things should I bring. I know the Quik Stir Pitcher, what about the measure all and the adjustable spoons? Any suggestions would be great.

brui just found out june's baby fest event is called daddy boot camp - where i live at least - i assume it's the same everywhere but i could be wrong.

brui'm doing the demo - making homemade baby food using the micro cooker and food chopper among other things. i think i will also showcase the mini muffin pan and scoop at the table. and think of someway to make an easy meal - maybe in the large bar pan aka - the all day pan - trying to plug how to pamper mom by making cooking meals easy!! is anyone else rafflig off anything?

I am doing a raffle! I bought a basket from the dollar store and some bath soapy things, aroma therapy candles, and then I am putting in a gift certificate that I made. That way it will be tailored to the Pamper Mom theme.
I am thinking about maybe something else, but I'm not sure.

I love that idea CarlyI have the old SA sm. bowl caddy/bowls and the small bamboo spoons. Had them here so figured why not. May I'll wait for another event and use Carly's idea :D

InviteI thought I would share...

We are signed up through Pampers.com to receive notices on specials. coupons etc., well I just got an e-mail invite for the event at BRU on May 13th!! I followed the links and this is the link through TRU/BRU

http://www2.toysrus.com/Our/bru/prom/2006babyFest/index.cfm?#May

Good Luck to everyone participating in this event - I can't wait to hear everyone's results!!

tpchefrebecca said:
No it would not cause a problem. All you do at this event is give out information and give away a prize. Since you just started you may want to give away a Season's best recipe book. Just remember that you cannot collect money at this event. If someone wants to buy something let them know that you will have to collect money later.
An idea for payment would be to give everyone self addressed envelopes with a stamp on it. That way they can write a check and drop it in the mail on their way home.
Any sales you make before your SS1 will go to your total sales for your first official month. In all this can help you get bookings as well to jump start your June.

I hope this has helped you. You can also email me with questions if you'd like.

Good luck!

Hi there Can we collect money on orders at this event, if we are already a pampered chef consultant? Thanks!

pampermeRai said:
Hi there Can we collect money on orders at this event, if we are already a pampered chef consultant? Thanks!

I was told not to sell anything on site (in the store). Not sure if you can take orders on site?? I think since you are in a retail store it is not allowed. You may want to check with your contact at the store.

No Food and No collecting of moneyIN the store, I was told that I could go outside to exchange monies, but not in the store, I was also told that there would not be any food allowed due to the liability, so for those of you thinking of bringing food to demo, you may want to check back with the Promotional Director for that store.

I am raffling off the quick stir pitcher and will load it up with baby products for them and wrap it up.... and doing up recipe cards to hand out with my contact info on them. I will also have mini catalogs on hand. And may put out the Party in a Bag and if they want to book on the spot, I will hand them the bag. I will also be doing the Book to Look at the same time using the SA small bowls and caddy to put them in.

Can't wait it should be fun.....I will write with my results afterwards....looking to branch out of my circle and get out of town bookings....

Good luck to all participating, I hope we have great results....

I was told the same, there can be no selling of product at the store, but at my store, we are allowed to have food, if and only if we have an ingredient list stating what all is in the food incase people have allergies.

Kelley Sells said:
IN the store, I was told that I could go outside to exchange monies, but not in the store, I was also told that there would not be any food allowed due to the liability, so for those of you thinking of bringing food to demo, you may want to check back with the Promotional Director for that store.

I am raffling off the quick stir pitcher and will load it up with baby products for them and wrap it up.... and doing up recipe cards to hand out with my contact info on them. I will also have mini catalogs on hand. And may put out the Party in a Bag and if they want to book on the spot, I will hand them the bag. I will also be doing the Book to Look at the same time using the SA small bowls and caddy to put them in.

Can't wait it should be fun.....I will write with my results afterwards....looking to branch out of my circle and get out of town bookings....

Good luck to all participating, I hope we have great results....

What is a party in a bag? Thanks!

I believe it is all the paper goods needed for a party -- paper plates, silverware, napkins, cups, recipes to select from, etc. And, if I am correct, along with the party-in-a-bag, the consultant provides the ingredients for the recipe that will be demo'd at the show. I've not done any of these parties in a bag, but that is what I gather from previous posts I've read.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tada
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chee65
  • PChefAbey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
jcwarr
Replies