• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need advice on hosting a Pampered Chef party for a shy individual?

In summary, the customer is shy and doesn't know anyone to invite to a party she is hosting on behalf of her daughter in law and her daughter in law's sister
heidabear
I placed an individual order for a customer and later she sent me the following message (names, etc... changed) and I'm not sure how to respond.

"I would love to host a party sometime, on behalf of (daughter in law), my daughter in law and who is stationed away with our son and their new baby. These kids need all the help they can get as they are living off an enlisted mans salary, barely at poverty level and with all a new baby entails. But I don't want to embarass her by bring this to everyones attention...by making it public and I know absolutely no one to invite. Am very shy and don't know anyone to invite. Even (daughter in law's mother) and (daughter in law's sister) might not come if they knew I was hostessing. So it would need to be a "ghost host". Do you have suggestions?"

I know these families (well, to be accurate, I know the daughter in law's family and the son- I've never actually met the customer) from high school, but we're not close at all, but I don't know interaction between the families and why the daughter in law's own family wouldn't come if they knew it was the son's mother hosting? It sounds like there is some kind of beef.

Also, it almost sounds like she's suggesting that I host a party and she get the benefits. If I had a party and I invited those people (whom I know besides her) it would be my party. I'm not sure how to respond. Suggestions anyone?

Part of me wants to just ask my friend (daughter in law's sister and I are friends from high school, but again, not terribly close) what's up but I know that's inappropriate as I should separate work stuff from personal stuff.

I think sometimes in this business it's hard to separate the personal and business (we're always doing shows with family and friends, right?). So I would ask her. I've learned the hard way quite a few times to just be honest. It takes the pressure off you in case anything goes wrong.

I'm with Kelly. Ask her to sit down and make a list of people to invite. She could use her son or DIL as the host and herself as co-host.

Just read this today. Not sure why she would find the situation embarassing. There's nothing wrong with getting a good deal on a great product. My in-laws are well off and my MIL hosted one of my first shows. She's always complimenting me on my ability to get a good deal on the things I buy. As for having a new baby and living on an enlisted income, that's exactly what I do. If you get to know the DIL better, you might even consider asking her if she'd be interested in joining PC.
As for knowing enough people to invite, there is supposed to be a "50 guests in 5 minutes" (or something similar) on Chef Success to help her brainstorm people. I'm sure she knows people from church or work that love Pampered Chef. I almost didn't invite my neighbor across the street to one of my shows and it turns out that she wants to buy stuff for herself and her son who just got his own place.

Hi there,Thank you for reaching out to me and expressing your interest in hosting a party. I completely understand your desire to help your daughter-in-law and their new family, and I would be more than happy to work with you to make that happen.In terms of your concerns about inviting people, please know that as a consultant, I am here to support you and make the party a success. I can work with you to create a guest list that you feel comfortable with and ensure that your daughter-in-law's family is not made to feel uncomfortable.As for the suggestion of a "ghost host," I want to assure you that all hostess benefits go to the actual host of the party. However, if you are interested in hosting a party on behalf of your daughter-in-law, we can certainly discuss options for her to receive some benefits as well.If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know. I am here to help and make this a positive experience for everyone involved. Thank you again for considering hosting a party with me.Best,

Pampered Chef Consultant

1. What is an "Awkward Potential Host Email"?

An "Awkward Potential Host Email" is an email template provided by Pampered Chef that is designed to help you reach out to potential hosts who may not have responded to your initial invitation or expressed interest in hosting a party. It is meant to break the ice and encourage the potential host to consider hosting a party.

2. How do I access the "Awkward Potential Host Email" template?

You can access the "Awkward Potential Host Email" template by logging into your Pampered Chef consultant account and navigating to the "Marketing" tab. From there, click on "Host Coaching" and then select the "Emails" option. The template will be listed under the "Awkward Potential Host Email" category.

3. Can I customize the "Awkward Potential Host Email" template?

Yes, you can customize the template to fit your personal style and voice. You can edit the text and add your own personal touch to make it more relatable to your potential hosts. Just make sure to keep the main purpose of the email in mind – to encourage the potential host to consider hosting a party.

4. How do I send the "Awkward Potential Host Email" to a potential host?

You can send the email directly through your Pampered Chef consultant account. Once you have customized the template, you can select the potential host's name and email address from your contact list and click on the "Send" button. The email will be sent to the potential host's inbox.

5. Is there a recommended time to send the "Awkward Potential Host Email"?

It is recommended to send the email a few days after your initial invitation or follow up with the potential host. This allows enough time for the potential host to consider hosting a party and for you to follow up with them. However, you can also send the email at any time that feels appropriate for your specific situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • ChefBeth2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies