• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Greek Islands Pastry Recipe with Creamy Feta and Spinach Filling

In summary, this conversation is about a recipe for Greek Islands Pastry that was recommended by someone's director. The pastry is made with a crust of refrigerated pie crusts and topped with a mixture of cream cheese, feta cheese, spinach, and garlic. The toppings include artichoke hearts, olives, and tomatoes. The crust can be made in advance and the recipe is perfect for a party.
its_me_susan
I tried this recipe at my director's suggestion - Yummmmy! It looks so good too. You can use the US & G for the tomatoes... lots of products used.

Greek Islands Pastry
All the Best, page 10

Crust
1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, grated, divided (1/4 cup)

Filling
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 (4 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
1 (10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1 garlic clove, pressed

Toppings
1 (8.5 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
1 (3.5 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, sliced
1 lemon
1 1/2 teaspoons Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix
3 plum tomatoes, sliced

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Let pie crusts stand at room temperature 15 minutes.

Lightly dust Large Round Stone with flour. Unfold one pie crust and place in center of Baking Stone. Lightly brush with water using Pastry Brush. Using Deluxe Cheese Grater fitted with coarse grating drum, grate half of the Parmesan cheese over crust. Unfold second crust and place over first crust on Baking Stone, matching edges and pressing down to seal. Using Baker's Roller, roll both crusts out together to edge of Baking Stone. Fold 1/2 inch of edge of crust in toward center, forming an even border; press to seal seam.

Using smooth end of pastry tool, form a decorative fluted edge; prick center of crust. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to Nonstick Cooling Rack. Cool 10 minutes.

For filling, in Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, feta cheese, spinach and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well using Classic Scraper.

For toppings, chop artichokes using Food Chopper. Slice olives using Egg Slicer Plus. Zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer.

In Small Batter Bowl, combine artichokes, olives, lemon zest, and Seasoning Mix; mix with Mix 'N Scraper.

Using Large Spreader, spread spinach mixture evenly over crust. Spread artichoke topping evenly over filling. Slice tomatoes using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade; arrange in an overlapping circular pattern over topping. Grate remaining Parmesan cheese over tomatoes. Cut into wedges using Chef's Knife.

Yield: 12 servings or 20 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 290, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 22 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 440 mg, Fiber 2 g

Last edited:
You know, I drool over that page every time I pass it. I've always wondered if it was as good as it looked. Thanks for that info.

jenniferlynne said:
You know, I drool over that page every time I pass it. I've always wondered if it was as good as it looked. Thanks for that info.

I ate leftovers all week and felt like it was something special to nibble on! :)

Last edited:
does anyone have a recipe for a pizza that is made in the muffin pan sort of like the criss cross apple crowns are?

This recipe came from my 12-hole muffin pan. Calzones taste similar to pizza to me.

Lee Anne

Attachments

• ITALIAN SAUSAGE CALZONES.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 298
chef_leeanne said:
This recipe came from my 12-hole muffin pan. Calzones taste similar to pizza to me.

Lee Anne

Lee Anne you are the queen of recipes! Thank you!!!

Pastry (pie crust)Does anyone know how much in advance the crust can be made? I want to bring this recipe and the berry salsa to my son's birthday party....

its_me_susan said:
I tried this recipe at my director's suggestion - Yummmmy! It looks so good too. You can use the US & G for the tomatoes... lots of products used.

Greek Islands Pastry
All the Best, page 10

Crust
1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, grated, divided (1/4 cup)

Filling
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 (4 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
1 (10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1 garlic clove, pressed

Toppings
1 (8.5 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
1 (3.5 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, sliced
1 lemon
1 1/2 teaspoons Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix
3 plum tomatoes, sliced

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Let pie crusts stand at room temperature 15 minutes.

Lightly dust Large Round Stone with flour. Unfold one pie crust and place in center of Baking Stone. Lightly brush with water using Pastry Brush. Using Deluxe Cheese Grater fitted with coarse grating drum, grate half of the Parmesan cheese over crust. Unfold second crust and place over first crust on Baking Stone, matching edges and pressing down to seal. Using Baker's Roller, roll both crusts out together to edge of Baking Stone. Fold 1/2 inch of edge of crust in toward center, forming an even border; press to seal seam.

Using smooth end of pastry tool, form a decorative fluted edge; prick center of crust. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to Nonstick Cooling Rack. Cool 10 minutes.

For filling, in Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, feta cheese, spinach and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well using Classic Scraper.

For toppings, chop artichokes using Food Chopper. Slice olives using Egg Slicer Plus. Zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer.

In Small Batter Bowl, combine artichokes, olives, lemon zest, and Seasoning Mix; mix with Mix 'N Scraper.

Using Large Spreader, spread spinach mixture evenly over crust. Spread artichoke topping evenly over filling. Slice tomatoes using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade; arrange in an overlapping circular pattern over topping. Grate remaining Parmesan cheese over tomatoes. Cut into wedges using Chef's Knife.

Yield: 12 servings or 20 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 290, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 22 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 440 mg, Fiber 2 g

I want to bring the crust already made.... but they slide. Any ideas? Trying to make the recipe more EXPRESS.... What else should I do to shorten it?

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Delicious Greek Islands Pastry with Creamy Feta and Spinach Filling?

To make this recipe, you will need phyllo dough, olive oil, feta cheese, spinach, green onions, eggs, milk, and butter.

2. How do I assemble the pastry?

Begin by brushing one sheet of phyllo dough with olive oil, then layer another sheet on top. Repeat this process until you have 5-6 layers. Then, spread the feta and spinach filling evenly on top of the dough. Roll up the pastry tightly and brush the top with melted butter. Bake in the oven until golden brown and crispy.

3. Can I make this pastry recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the pastry and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before baking. Just make sure to cover it with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.

4. Can I use a different type of cheese for the filling?

Yes, you can substitute feta cheese with ricotta or cottage cheese for a milder flavor. You can also add in some grated parmesan cheese for a stronger cheese taste.

5. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes about 12 servings, but it can easily be doubled or halved to fit your needs. It's a great dish to bring to parties or potlucks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • janetupnorth
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • DebPC