• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How did I make my last show a hit with these simple games?

When I read them back, it was HILARIOUS!!! The funniest one was "too small & not enough power" :blushing: (she was describing her blender). So thanks to whomever posted that game on chef success!!
shelly.nurse
...thanks to everyone here who shares their ideas!!! Also thanks to Tracy in Yorktown for meeting me half way to sell me a pack of f/w catalogs.

I did the ice breaker where you have everyone fold a piece of paper in half and write down a kitchen tool that they would like to replace. Then had them write down in the inside 2 reasons why they want to replace it (old, ugly, cheap, etc). Then on the back side I had them write their husband's name. When you read them back, you substitute their spouse's name for the tool, so for example "shelly wants to replace Jeff because he is old and cheap!!"

When I read them back, it was HILARIOUS!!! The funniest one was "too small & not enough power" :blushing: (she was describing her blender). So thanks to whomever posted that game on chef success!!

The crowd was really receptive to this, so later on, for a door prize game, we played the "What am I?" game, and I handed out "PC bucks" to whomever guessed the most right. That person won the door prize.

I didn't get a whole lot of volunteers, even though the host wanted to make it an interactive show, how do you get them out of their seats? I did give everyone who helped a twixit clip, but didn't tell anyone that I was going to give them out until the demo was over. Maybe, I should give them out as we go, instead of at the end? what do you think.

Anyways, 3 bookings, and over a thousand dollars in commisionable sales!!

Thanks, chefsuccess!!!

Don't let them sit! And don't give them catalogs! I will demo either in the kitchen or around the table without the chairs and have the other stuff set up in a place to sit afterwards. That way they are around the table.

Good job!

That game sounds fun and a great ice breaker. I will try it out sometime soon!

You asked about how to get them involved? I haven't done it myself yet...but there were two things I got from Spring Launch about this....one was from MY meeting. As guests arrived, they were invited to just put their things down and come into the "kitchen" or wherever the demo was set up and wash up. We're all going to get to play with the tools today.The other was Michael Reeves I think... he sets out a table with the products that are going to be used in the demo. I would hope he asks them to wash hands BEFORE, but he has the guests grab a product off of the table before they take a seat. Then during the demo, he calls up whoever has the Food Chopper, or whatever product. Hopefully, a few others will share ideas too that work for them! I know we have some all-stars of our own on here! ;)By the way- love that game idea though! That sounds hilarious! I'm not a comedian, but that would definitely be an easy one I could pull off.

"The other was Michael Reeves I think... he sets out a table with the products that are going to be used in the demo. I would hope he asks them to wash hands BEFORE, but he has the guests grab a product off of the table before they take a seat. Then during the demo, he calls up whoever has the Food Chopper, or whatever product."

I LOVE that idea!!!!!:love: I am going to try it at my next show!!

wadesgirl said:
Don't let them sit! And don't give them catalogs! I will demo either in the kitchen or around the table without the chairs and have the other stuff set up in a place to sit afterwards. That way they are around the table.

Good job!

I have had them sit and get over $1200 in sales. It really doesn't matter whether they sit, stand, work with the products or not. What matters is that they have fun during whatever you do.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR GREAT SHOW! Way to go! Double points month is the best time to have a great show!

shelly.nurse said:
The crowd was really receptive to this, so later on, for a door prize game, we played the "What am I?" game, and I handed out "PC bucks" to whomever guessed the most right. That person won the door prize.

I don't think I've seen the "What am I?" game. I love the one with replacing the kitchen gadget with the husbands name. That is great.

My only concern is they would pick something like a blender, that PC doesn't sell. I would like to show them the product they could replace. But I guess it gets them thinking about what else they could replace.

I'm with you though, I have seen so many great ideas on this site. I haven't had a cooking show since I started reading/posting here, but I will be using them at my next show on Tuesday. I have 3 cooking shows this month, so I can't wait to see how my ideas play out!

Shelly!

Congrats on your AWESOME show! I'm so glad it went so well for you! What did you make at your show?

If you need any more catalogs let me know! (and thanks for the extra...that wasn't necessary but thank you!)

Tracy

I made the Tiramisu Brownie Trifle, my husband works with the host, and was raving about it at work one day. She is doing another show at the end of this month, she got the DCB for free, so she wants me to focus a dish on that!!

shelly.nurse said:
I made the Tiramisu Brownie Trifle, my husband works with the host, and was raving about it at work one day. She is doing another show at the end of this month, she got the DCB for free, so she wants me to focus a dish on that!!

Whoa...way to go!!!! & she's booking another show for the end of the month!!!!

Were there many people who couldn't make it to this one?

I hope it goes as well for you the second time around :)

thank you for sharing your success!!! i have a show tomorrow (yes vday) and you have just given me some new inspiration!

esavvymom said:
You asked about how to get them involved? I haven't done it myself yet...but there were two things I got from Spring Launch about this....one was from MY meeting. As guests arrived, they were invited to just put their things down and come into the "kitchen" or wherever the demo was set up and wash up. We're all going to get to play with the tools today.

The other was Michael Reeves I think... he sets out a table with the products that are going to be used in the demo. I would hope he asks them to wash hands BEFORE, but he has the guests grab a product off of the table before they take a seat. Then during the demo, he calls up whoever has the Food Chopper, or whatever product.

Hopefully, a few others will share ideas too that work for them! I know we have some all-stars of our own on here! ;)

By the way- love that game idea though! That sounds hilarious! I'm not a comedian, but that would definitely be an easy one I could pull off.

Ooooh... this is a good idea, to grab a product that will be used! I will try this at my next show!

Mel92504 said:
Whoa...way to go!!!! & she's booking another show for the end of the month!!!!

Were there many people who couldn't make it to this one?

I hope it goes as well for you the second time around :)

I did end up having another 1000+ show for her second party, sold 2 DCB's. I did the chicken penne al fresco in her DCB and did the molten chocolate peanut butter cake in mine (which I popped in the microwave when the first few guests were arriving). It was a huge hit!!

Molten chocolate Peanut butter cake? That sounds awesome, can you share the recipe please?

I had injured my neck a while back and knew I wouldn't be able to demo a lot because of the pain so I typed up all the products I was using that show, cut them out & folded them up. As guests arrived they picked a slip out of the salad spinner (got to show it off too) & when it came to that product, they did the demo & talked.

I also had a show when I had NO voice - I had to get creative beforehand because I had lost my voice for a week straight - I typed up the products w/ a explanation (tips, great uses, etc) and handed out the cards at the start. Since I couldn't talk, the host helped me by asking who has the food chopper card? that guest came up, read the card & demonstrated it. Good show & bookings! everyone had a blast. the show must go on!!!

Krista Burson said:
Molten chocolate Peanut butter cake? That sounds awesome, can you share the recipe please?

I got the recipe from this site:

chocolate cake mix (and ingredients to make cake according to box)
1 can chocolate frosting
1 cup (or so, we used about 8 small scoops right from the jar)

Mix cake mix and cake ingredients in DCB with wire whisk
drop spoonfuls (or scoops) of frosting on top of the batter
droop scoops of peanut butter on top

Place lid on DCB and cook in microwave for 12 minutes. Let sit a few minutes before serving. There are several threads about this, and whether to keep lid on or off, etc if you search the forums!!

Not the prettiest thing to look at, but it tasted really good!!

I just saw this, congrats on BOTH $1,000 shows!!! :D

1. What is the "Awesome Show Last Night..." event?

The "Awesome Show Last Night..." event is a live cooking demonstration and product showcase put on by Pampered Chef consultants. It is a fun and interactive way for customers to learn about new products and recipes while also having the opportunity to purchase Pampered Chef items.

2. How long is the "Awesome Show Last Night..." event?

The length of the "Awesome Show Last Night..." event can vary, but it typically lasts around 1-2 hours. This allows for enough time to showcase a variety of products and recipes, while also leaving time for questions and ordering.

3. Is there a fee to attend the "Awesome Show Last Night..." event?

No, there is no fee to attend the "Awesome Show Last Night..." event. It is completely free for customers to come and learn about Pampered Chef products and recipes. However, there may be opportunities to purchase products at the event.

4. Can I bring a friend to the "Awesome Show Last Night..." event?

Yes, you are more than welcome to bring a friend to the "Awesome Show Last Night..." event. In fact, we encourage you to invite others who may be interested in learning about Pampered Chef products and recipes. The more, the merrier!

5. Will there be food samples at the "Awesome Show Last Night..." event?

Yes, there will be food samples available at the "Awesome Show Last Night..." event. Our consultants will be demonstrating recipes using Pampered Chef products and attendees will have the opportunity to taste the delicious results. It's a great way to see the products in action and get a taste of what Pampered Chef has to offer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
whitetiger
  • chelynn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jamieannemiller
  • KellerCooks