• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You Ready for Day 4 of the Awesome Local Festival?

In summary, Julie was successful in her local festival by booking shows and recruiting potential hosts. She also gave out recipe cards and mini cattys to those who gave her their information.
lockhartkitchen
Tomorrow is day 4 of my local festival. Great reception to PC! I made sure that I got everyone's information that wanted a new catalog (didn't hand these out), which gave me the opportunity to talk more to them and know their needs. I booked two shows today on my calendar and got a fundraiser. I have two women I'm meeting with this week about the business. I had 9 who want shows: They needed to see their calendars. Overall, it was great. Fairs for me are a major boost for my fall.

Way to go, you! I really wish there were some festivals around here worth getting a booth at. Unfortunately, the only thing we have here is the "Round Barn Festival." Yeah....my town is so small we celebrate round barns. (-; And the booths for that festival (in a town of 4,000 people) were $300 and you had to have insurance for $1mil for your personal booth. Crazy, huh? No wonder they only have a few vendors...

I ended my four day venture with 13 shows, $300 in sales, two possible recruits, and one lady that I think by week's end will be signing. The event I did was in a town of 30,000.

WTG Julie! :D

Great job and it gives me inspiration because I have my first vendor market coming up on Saturday! I was going to give catalogs out to those that gave me their info... but do you recommend withholding the catalog and have them see it at their party instead? :) Do you have any more tips?

Nice! Fairs and booths are a great boost to new hosts.

JackieB999 said:
Great job and it gives me inspiration because I have my first vendor market coming up on Saturday! I was going to give catalogs out to those that gave me their info... but do you recommend withholding the catalog and have them see it at their party instead? :) Do you have any more tips?

I would suggest giving recipe cards or maybe mini catty's to people who give you their info. I would reserve catty's for those who actually book a show. JMHO.

I usually give the minis out and get their info. so I can send them a full-size catalog. With two back to back fairs, I ran out. I had tons of recipe cards and gave these out. I had one catalog on display that people could look through. I have a recipe book with a picture displayed (I use the Apple Berry Salsa from the All The Best recipe book). People like visuals. While they are visiting my booth, I start telling them about my favorite recipe. I have a sign that says "Free cooking show just pick your date". I tell them, I will bring all the ingredients for their show, and I make it very easy for hosts by mailing their invites. This gets them to want to book. If they say they are too busy right now, etc. I let them know that I will also honor this free cooking show in September when the new products come out. I tell them that people are excited to see the new products and they will have a good turnout for a show. If they say they have too small of a house, I ask them if there is a friend that would let them have the show at their house. I basically, find ways to avoid a NO, by having creative solutions. The key is: I don't have full size catalogs available. I get their information on a drawing slip, and tell them I will get them one. While they are filling it out, it gives me 1-2 minutes to "sell" myself. I talk about the cooking show with free ingredients, catalog show to get the same host benefits, my webpage to get monthly recipes and monthly specials and how they can order there anytime without having to have a show. I hope this helped. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I booked one show last Sunday for last night! I have one possible recruit lead. We meet Friday. It was definitely worth it! Another hint: you must follow-through on calls. I keep calling, when I get answering machines. I want to keep PC fresh in their mind. (these are those that said they wanted shows).

Thanks for all the info!! I only have 1 package of mini's at the momet but I'll get more for my next market. I like the "free cooking show, just pick a date!" sign, very nice.

I was thinking of printing many August Host Specials and handing them out. I don't have recipe cards either (things to work on). Do you think the flyers would do ok?

I wish I had thought of fliers. I gave out the S/S catalogs if they filled out a form (I had a lot). I put my open show dates on spiky shaped sticky notes (Wally World) and taped them to green pencils ($1 for a doz at Wally) and have them in a cutesy, pink, little watering can that you could probably find at a dollar or craft store. Then I ask them to pick a date! It worked at my booth at fair in a town of 450! They wanted $15 for a booth & I offered 20% of sales - it cost me $30 ($150 sales) plus I kept the host benefits. Three bookings and two possible recruits. I think I'll end up with at least a couple more shows when I start calling the 50+ leads I got.

I think flyers would work too, until you got recipe cards. Most important, if you are handing anything out, it's like "flushing money away" unless you get their contact information. I've learned that the hard way over the years. If you are genuine with people of why you need their information (get them the newest catalog, recipe ideas, etc.) people will give you their information.

1. What is "Awesome Local Festival Wahoo!"?

"Awesome Local Festival Wahoo!" is an annual event that celebrates the local community and showcases local businesses, artisans, and food vendors. It is a fun-filled day of activities, entertainment, and delicious food.

2. When and where is "Awesome Local Festival Wahoo!"?

The festival takes place on the first Saturday of every August in downtown Wahoo, Nebraska. The exact location and parking information can be found on the festival's website.

3. How much does it cost to attend "Awesome Local Festival Wahoo!"?

The festival is free to attend, but some activities and food vendors may have a cost. All proceeds from the festival go towards supporting local businesses and organizations.

4. What kind of activities can I expect at "Awesome Local Festival Wahoo!"?

The festival offers a variety of activities for all ages, including live music, a car show, a craft fair, a kids' zone, and a beer garden. There will also be food trucks and local restaurants offering delicious food options.

5. Can I bring my own food and drinks to "Awesome Local Festival Wahoo!"?

Outside food and drinks are not allowed at the festival, as supporting local food vendors is an important aspect of the event. However, there will be a water station available for attendees to fill up their reusable water bottles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• paigev71
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
PamperChefCarol
Replies
Views
California Girl
Replies
Views
cactus_flower