• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Bookings: Tips for Avoiding Inactive Status in Your Business

M
mistym
Ok, due to my bad planning I am now facing going inactive :( My last show was submitted June 25th (a $1000 one no less) and so far I only have a show for August 25th and 26th (just doubtful I will get the show in that night) and 4 booked for Sept.

I have 2 vacations in August there as well which is eating up available time, so what can I do? Should I go on leave of absence? Has anyone done this?

I will call for bookings and offer and incentive for those who book on specific August Dates.

I will be getting a catalogue show ready tomorrow for my husbands work.

I can do a mystery host show right? Not too sure how this one works...

argh....any more suggestions?

you have til the end of August to submit another $200 so you should be just fine. It doesn't go from date to date. It is 2 consecutive months in a row that you need to have a combined total of $200.

ohhhhhhh...I c...hhmmm, good to know...

well I think I should still get cracking with these other things just in case....lol....

Sheesh, when I realized this possibility tonight, it really set a fire off under my butt....

well, keep that fire going and you will be just fine! Just try to set a goal of doing at least a $200 cat. show every month and you won't have to worry

i think its $300 up here in canada right?

misty
if you have and cant get the shows in ask for a loa so u dont lose ur career sales. not sure how it works but im sure ur director will know or call HO

there is a file here on the mystery hostess party

good luck
hope to run into u on fri its only 3 days away!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I went inactive due to a move...I totally forgot to do the leave of absence waiver...now I am going to loose all my recruits. Any suggestions.

File a retroactive waiver. It'll cost $25, but it's worth it.

Do individual orders count toward your $200 or is it just from qualified shows?

Individual orders do not count. :( Sorry.

I didn't think so, thanks for the response.

Individual orders do count. I just had the same problem last month and submitted two individual orders and it was fine.

You know what, I was thinking personal orders.... not individual orders. THANK YOU for catching that.So yes, individual orders are fine.

jenniferp417 said:
Individual orders do not count. :( Sorry.

Individual orders most certainly DO count.

Thanks for pointing that out, carolyn. I posted that I goofed and was thinking personal orders, not individual. Goes to show what happens when you post and THEN think. :\

Throw together a quick Mystery show. Even if you only have 3 people involved, it is enough to keep you active.

I'm in the same boat as mistym. I had a terrific May but nothing except a personal order in June of $85. As long as I submit $115 in orders in July, I won't go inactive, Right?

I've made calls and nobody wants to book in July. I've several that said to call them for a show in Aug and Sept.

Thanks loads!
Jo Anne

You are correct - you need $115 this month to stay active. You can apply for a leave of absence, but you must have a good excuse, and you can only use 1 leave per year.

Ann is right... it needs to be a good excuse. Three consultant's from my director's team were turned down in the last year because their reasons for needing a leave didn't fall into the criteria. (One consultant's reason was that she "just forgot to work"! Couldn't believe she actually told them that... and she was one of the ones that was turned down... go figure!) That's the reason they made the retroactive... in case a reason doesn't fall into the category for leave of absence. Good luck getting your orders!!!

There is still plenty of time, you can do it!

Thanks for clearing that up .... I stress when the email comes that you did not submit enough in a montth and are in danger of becoming inactive...

So here's a scenario that I don't know the answer to:

I have one of my downline who is inactive right now. Can she access CC to buy a website? I think if she already has a website she can accept show orders, but I don't know if she can apply for a website. This poor girl has never submitted a thing and is just now telling me what her recruiter told her!! She was sooooo misled!! I don't blame her for not submitting anything!!

Wait until the end of August - if you don't have $300 in orders, you can apply for a retroactive sales waiver in September (you have until the 15th of September to do that).
You don't have to pay $25 - must be a US thing. I used a retroactive waiver last year when I was on bed rest with my pregnancy and one of my recruits just used one as she was got married and went on an extended honeymoon.
All you need to do is fax your request to Peggy Dostal at Support Services.

stephanieboyd said:
So here's a scenario that I don't know the answer to:

I have one of my downline who is inactive right now. Can she access CC to buy a website? I think if she already has a website she can accept show orders, but I don't know if she can apply for a website. This poor girl has never submitted a thing and is just now telling me what her recruiter told her!! She was sooooo misled!! I don't blame her for not submitting anything!!
She can access CC, but I don't know about whether she can order a PWS while inactive. Seems like she should be able to.

Ok awesome Marg - I am sending a Catalogue show to work with my hubby and taking catalogues to my fitness class I teach.
I sent an email to people who were on the fence letting them know about my August incentive - basically book on these dates and get 25 bucks extra (I figured better I give to to a host rather than HO for a waiver - lol...thats great we don't have that fee BTW)

Soooo, I have a few more tricks up my sleeve - I think I will do a Mystery Host Show in August too.

sheesh, I need a fire like that lit under my butt everyday!

if you are inactive you can not get a pws ... if you have a pws and become inactive, you lose that site.

Thanks Laurie! I never would have guessed that she would lose the one she has by going inactive!!! Starting a new one makes sense, but taking away one that someone has already paid for and worked on seems a bit rough!!!

Thanks again!!

mistym said:
Ok, due to my bad planning I am now facing going inactive :( My last show was submitted June 25th (a $1000 one no less) and so far I only have a show for August 25th and 26th (just doubtful I will get the show in that night) and 4 booked for Sept.

I have 2 vacations in August there as well which is eating up available time, so what can I do? Should I go on leave of absence? Has anyone done this?

I will call for bookings and offer and incentive for those who book on specific August Dates.

I will be getting a catalogue show ready tomorrow for my husbands work.

I can do a mystery host show right? Not too sure how this one works...

argh....any more suggestions?
Maybe offer a gift to the hosts for closing on the night of their show; tell them you need to submit the show by the 31st and you want time for any checks or payments to clear, so if they close that evening, it will give enough wiggle room for that. Ask that they get any outside orders before their show and have them there to calculate into their total; it may give them the oomph to get orders if they have a deadline of their show to collect them. Also, you could ask some people to gather $100 total in orders and depending on how many people collect, the host benefits get split in that way (4 ppl, $400 show, benefits split into 4) - each person gets some host benefits they normally couldn't get for just gathering $100 in orders, and you get your show that prevents you from going inactive --- everyone wins.

I never lost my PWS when I was inactive. :confused:

chefjo said:
I'm in the same boat as mistym. I had a terrific May but nothing except a personal order in June of $85. As long as I submit $115 in orders in July, I won't go inactive, Right?

I've made calls and nobody wants to book in July. I've several that said to call them for a show in Aug and Sept.

Thanks loads!
Jo Anne
Just caught this. You said "personal" order. Did you mean "individual" order placed by a customer?? If you placed a personal order for yourself THAT wouldn't count and you'd need the full $200.

Wishing you the best.

I went inactive due to going back to college, how do you apply for the retreo thing?

The time frameWord of caution on the inactive- They go by Consecutive Months. I had $220.00 in December that I submitted near the end of the month- None in January, Then I had $153.90 in February, $1500( first of march I submitted the show) in March. I went inactive at the end of Ferbaury (one stinking day) because January and February did not total $200.00. I counted December to January and then February to March. ANd it was no go. Lost my raise and now I am working again to get back the 15,000 career sales. Just didn't realize the January to February.

Anyways! If you can stock up on stuff for cash n carry, gifts, if you need to hit the $200.00.

They made it more clear in the policies now (finally) and it reads "To remain active, you must submit at least $200 in commissionable sales in every consecutive two-month period (current and previous)." I'm attaching it here so you can save it for reference. It's on pages F-15 & F-16. Hope that helps!

Attachments

• Policies SS07.pdf
    235.3 KB · Views: 270
Let me see if I understood that correctly. If I have a consultant that turned in $120 one month, then $150 the next month- she's okay? What about that third month of another below $150 order? So long as she's consecutive she's okay? I just so happen to have one in that situation, I think her third month order fell below the $200 by a dollar and change. I told her to add something to her order to reach the $200 so she wouldn't go inactive, but she didn't really have to?

CorrectActive Status
To remain active, you must submit at least $200 in commissionable sales in every consecutive two-month period (current and previous).

It gives examples too:
Mary joins on January 1. She is in the Super Stater Program. Her first Super Starter month is February. Mary must submit a minimum of $200 in commissionable sales in March and April combined or she will be inactive as of May 1.

I assume your recruit is ok. I guess I need to go to bed. Sick kids are asleep, time to go to bed. Good night.

Debbie :D

Addie4TLC said:
Let me see if I understood that correctly. If I have a consultant that turned in $120 one month, then $150 the next month- she's okay? What about that third month of another below $150 order? So long as she's consecutive she's okay? I just so happen to have one in that situation, I think her third month order fell below the $200 by a dollar and change. I told her to add something to her order to reach the $200 so she wouldn't go inactive, but she didn't really have to?
Month 1: 120
Month 2: 150
Month 3: needs sales of 50 (must be 200 when added to month 2)
Month 4: must total $200 when added to month 3

It's a rolling 2-month window.

When I have a consultant whose goal is just to remain active (and I have a few) I stress that it's much easier to keep track of if they always have $200 in sales in a calendar month. That way if they skip a month it's easy to see that they have to submit sales the next month.

DebbieSAChef said:
Active Status
To remain active, you must submit at least $200 in commissionable sales in every consecutive two-month period (current and previous).

It gives examples too:
Mary joins on January 1. She is in the Super Stater Program. Her first Super Starter month is February. Mary must submit a minimum of $200 in commissionable sales in March and April combined or she will be inactive as of May 1.

I assume your recruit is ok. I guess I need to go to bed. Sick kids are asleep, time to go to bed. Good night.

Debbie :D

Except, you can't go inactive during your super starter months. But this would apply for anyone who has qualified.

Thank you Debbie and Ann. That is GREAT news!!! I read that and didn't get it. :)

For some reason, I think that when you are reading that in the policy book, it is VERY easy to misunderstand. I almost went inactive as a newbie, cuz I assumed it was every two months (Jan/Feb, Mar/April, May/June, etc.) and really it is Jan/Feb, Feb/March, March/April.

I like Ann's wording...it's how I have described it to people.

chefann said:
It's a rolling 2-month window.

Well I thought that if you did $125, then $100, you'd go inactive. The consultant on my team did somethig like that so I was expecting her to be inactive. I was surprised she was still showing up as active so I told ther to make sure she did the $200 for Jan and she was $2 shy of the $200. Thought she was done for but according to this she's not! There is always the waiver but she doesn't need it. YAY!

1. How can I avoid going inactive in my Pampered Chef business?

To avoid going inactive in your Pampered Chef business, it is important to consistently book shows and have a steady stream of income. This can be achieved by implementing some of the following tips:

• Regularly reach out to potential hosts through phone calls, emails, or social media to schedule shows.
  • Offer an incentive for guests who book a show on specific dates, such as a free product or discount.
  • Utilize catalog shows to reach a larger audience and increase bookings.
  • Consider hosting a mystery host show, where the host is chosen randomly from all the guests who attend and receives the host benefits.
  • Utilize online booking tools and host coaching resources provided by Pampered Chef to help you book and manage shows more efficiently.

2. Is it recommended to take a leave of absence if I am struggling to book shows?

Taking a leave of absence should be a last resort option, as it can negatively impact your business and income. It is important to exhaust all other options and strategies before considering a leave of absence. However, if you are facing personal or health issues, a temporary leave of absence may be necessary.

3. How does a mystery host show work?

In a mystery host show, the host is chosen randomly from all the guests who attend. The host receives the host benefits, such as free and discounted products, based on the total sales of the show. This can be a great way to incentivize guests to attend and potentially book their own shows in the future.

4. Can I still run a successful Pampered Chef business while taking vacations?

Yes, with proper planning and organization, you can still have a successful Pampered Chef business while taking vacations. Before your vacation, make sure to reach out to potential hosts and schedule shows for when you return. You can also utilize catalog shows and online booking tools to keep your business going while you are away.

5. Any other suggestions for avoiding inactive status in my business?

In addition to the tips mentioned above, it is important to continuously network and promote your business. Attend local events and fairs, host cooking demonstrations, and ask for referrals from satisfied customers. Also, make sure to stay organized and track your bookings and sales to identify any areas that may need improvement. With persistence and dedication, you can avoid going inactive in your Pampered Chef business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• angelkatey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
StamperedChef
  • Michelle's Kitchen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Michelle's Kitchen
  • krzymomof4