• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Avoid Losing Career Sales: Tips After 1 or 2 Months of No Sales

In my opinion it was probably just bad timing that they sent the email and you were inactive for that month.(((hugs))) Laura.
pampchefrhondab
Do you lose career sales after 1 month no sales or 2 in a row?

Thanks!

Rhonda 2 months of no sales.

Thanks! I won't have any this month like I thought I would, but will next month. Does anyone know if I can still purchase for Kit Enhancement? This will be the onlymonth I haven't had sales in 2 years.

Thanks again!

pampchefrhondab said:
Thanks! I won't have any this month like I thought I would, but will next month. Does anyone know if I can still purchase for Kit Enhancement? This will be the onlymonth I haven't had sales in 2 years.Thanks again!
Page 10 of the policy guide says:
All Consultants, regardless of title, must be active
for 3 consecutive months in order to submit a kit
enhancement order.For Example: For April kit enhancement, Consultants
must be active January – March or February – April.
In the second case, at least $150 in personal
commissionable sales must be submitted in April
prior to submitting a kit enhancement order.
So basically- you HAVE to be active February AND March, or you won't be able to get the Kit Enhancement. Send out an email about the new products! Offer your own incentive for orders? Like a Free NEW Season's Best with orders over $30 this month, a percentage off, or Free shipping on orders over $60 or $100 (make it part of a catalog show of your own to get that deal...so it's shipping to HOST only). ...something, anything, if you want Kit Enhancement.

I was inactive in January and submitted my Feb show at the end of February, I shouldn't lose career sales should I?

Jen1409 said:
I was inactive in January and submitted my Feb show at the end of February, I shouldn't lose career sales should I?

as long as you were active in February, I don't think so no. You only lose the career sales if you are inactive 2 months in a row.

Thanks everyone. I'll try to get some sales this month. I really don't know what I want from Kit enhancement, but I would hat to want something and not be able to order.

Thanks again,

I learned tonight that one of the problems with not having sales for a given month (no matter what the reason), Home Office contacts your hosts and tries to encourage them to contact the Home Office and Home Office will help them find a "consultant" (which means Director since only directors get leads). I am seriously pissed about this and feel REALLY betrayed by the Home Office.

ivykeep said:
I learned tonight that one of the problems with not having sales for a given month (no matter what the reason), Home Office contacts your hosts and tries to encourage them to contact the Home Office and Home Office will help them find a "consultant" (which means Director since only directors get leads). I am seriously pissed about this and feel REALLY betrayed by the Home Office.

Team Leaders can now get leads too.

ivykeep said:

And they only contact those who's PHD is about to expire. It's automated and not meant to be sneaky.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
And they only contact those who's PHD is about to expire. It's automated and not meant to be sneaky.

When they take my contact information off of the email, don't copy me on the email and solicit MY customer to change consultants while hiding it from me it IS sneaky. I have submitted sales in March (over the $150 minimum). And had sales (over the $150 minimum) in January as well.

Contacting even a single customer without my direct knowledge is an ethical breach in my opinion. :grumpy:

ivykeep said:
When they take my contact information off of the email, don't copy me on the email and solicit MY customer to change consultants while hiding it from me it IS sneaky. I have submitted sales in March (over the $150 minimum). And had sales (over the $150 minimum) in January as well.

Contacting even a single customer without my direct knowledge is an ethical breach in my opinion. :grumpy:

I agree that it's an automated system and not meant to be sneaky at all. In my opinion it was probably just bad timing that they sent the email and you were inactive for that month.

(((hugs))) Laura. I'm so sorry that you feel betrayed by the company. I agree with the other girls, that it's just poor timing. I don't think that they intentionally try to sabotage inactive consultants. The rule of thumb is that there are constantly people coming & going. HO has no idea who's having a bad month & who's given up selling for whatever reason. And their computer can't adapt to the personal reasons, it just knows active & inactive. I would suggest that you look for any other consultants who's 1 year may be expiring & contact them directly! :D That way, they know that you are still a consultant and who knows, your personal contact might motivate them to hold another show this month or next. ;)

That's my problem -- I was inactive in February. I'm not inactive in March -- but the email went out TODAY an hour after they sent me a PC wire. That's poor programming on the computer's part. Until a consultant is inactive for MULTIPLE months, that consultant's contact information AND a cc to the consultant should go out on every direct contact with a customer.Quite honestly, if I were inactive this month, it would be supporting ME to remind my customers that I was their consultant, instead of supporting me, they tried to send my customer to another consultant.And unfortunately, this bad timing, just cost me a show. I had a show booked with the exact customer that they contacted (because I DO contact my own customers regularly) and she forwarded the email that I wasn't copied on to me. She's a corporate attorney and was so upset that they would try and get her to change consultants (HER perception) that she canceled the show we already had booked (hopefully postponed instead) because SHE doesn't like that type of business practice. Stuff like this doesn't sit well.This practice affected more than me, it did exactly the opposite of what they intended and it may have cost the corporation a customer. Our products are great, but we aren't the only source for kitchen products and sometimes it only takes a small action to turn someone off. There simply is no reason to EVER remove my contact information from an email to my customers until I have been inactive for more than a single month. That's just a poor decision. If I were inactive for at least 2 months in a row, there is more room for this, but honestly, since a consultant can reactivate with a $150 order anytime within a given period (not sure off hand if it is still a year or if it changed to six months), then until that reactivation period is over the consultants information should be included on correspondence to his or her customer. That email could be the one that reactivates the consultant. It's just inexcusable to try and cut the consultant out because of one single period of inactivity. The programming is wrong and needs to be changed.

I think a call to corporate telling them they've lost a customer might make them rethink their system.
I think you need to just have a good friendly chat with that host and let her know that that's NOT the way YOU do business and you feel like even though the company had a burp in their customer service, it doesn't affect their product quality or the quality of YOUR customer service.
Yes, inactivity is after 6 months now and the HO should have their system changed so that they don't take off the consultants info unless the consultant is no longer a consultant.

1. How can I avoid losing career sales after 1 or 2 months of no sales?

To avoid losing career sales after a period of no sales, it is important to stay motivated and continue reaching out to potential customers. You can also try expanding your network by attending events and connecting with new people. Additionally, consider offering special deals or promotions to entice customers to make a purchase.

2. What should I do if I am struggling to make sales after 1 or 2 months?

If you are struggling to make sales after 1 or 2 months, try reaching out to your existing customers and offering them a referral incentive. You can also try hosting virtual parties or workshops to showcase your products to a larger audience. It may also be helpful to review your sales techniques and see if there are any areas that can be improved.

3. How important is it to follow up with potential customers after a period of no sales?

Following up with potential customers is crucial, especially after a period of no sales. This shows that you are committed to your business and value their interest in your products. You can follow up through email, social media, or even a phone call to remind them of your products and any special promotions you may be offering.

4. Should I consider diversifying my product offerings if I am struggling with sales?

Diversifying your product offerings may be a good idea if you are struggling with sales. Consider adding new products that complement your existing ones or branching out into a different market. This can help attract new customers and keep your business fresh and exciting.

5. What are some other ways I can boost my sales after a period of no sales?

In addition to the tips mentioned above, you can also try collaborating with other businesses or influencers to reach a wider audience. Another option is to offer personalized consultations or cooking demonstrations to showcase your products and build relationships with potential customers. Lastly, don't forget to utilize social media and other digital marketing strategies to promote your business and attract new customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • deanna_g