• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Make Avocado Salsa Cups? Get Help Here!

In summary, to prevent browning in avocado salsa cups, sprinkle with lemon or lime juice. They can be made ahead of time but should be filled right before serving. Use firm and ripe avocados and add a layer of cream cheese or guacamole for shape. Store-bought salsa can be used, but homemade is recommended. Alternatives to avocado include diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, and other customizable ingredients.
ChefClairissa
Im trying to practice the avocado salsa cups featured in the latest seasons best book and I cant seem to get the tortillias to stay in the mini muffin pan. any ideas?

Did you make the cuts on the corners going towards the center then make the cut pieces overlap when you push it down into the pan? Thats how we got the to stay at cluster when we made it.

I did, and they slowly pop back up.

Get the thinnest tortillas you can find. Some brands are thicker than others, and the thick ones are more likely to pop out.

Being in CA I can get freshly made tortillas. They seem to work really well because they are thinner and more flexible. I don't like how the low fat ones work.. to think

I got mine to work when I made each flap go behind the next one. (Does that make sense?) I got them really oiled up too then pushed them down with the tart shaper.

There was another thread on here about these and I think someone suggested using wonton wrappers instead. Maybe try those?

someone I believe also suggested getting the tortillas slightly warmed up.

I dont know if it would work, but what about wonton cups? They are thinner so I am not sure. They fit nicely in the mini muffin pan.

1. How do I prevent the avocado from browning in my salsa cups?

To prevent the avocado from browning, you can sprinkle it with lemon or lime juice before filling the cups. The citric acid will slow down the oxidation process and keep the avocado fresh and green.

2. Can I make the avocado salsa cups ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the avocado salsa cups a few hours in advance. However, it is best to fill the cups right before serving to ensure that they stay fresh and crispy.

3. How do I ensure that the salsa cups hold their shape?

To make sure that the salsa cups hold their shape, use firm and ripe avocados. You can also add a layer of cream cheese or guacamole at the bottom of the cups to act as a binding agent.

4. Can I use store-bought salsa for the avocado salsa cups?

Yes, you can use store-bought salsa for convenience. However, homemade salsa will give a fresher and more flavorful taste to the avocado salsa cups.

5. What are some alternatives to avocado for the salsa cups?

If you want to make the salsa cups without avocado, you can use diced tomatoes, black beans, or corn as a filling. You can also experiment with different types of vegetables and proteins to customize the recipe to your liking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cwinter474
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies