• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Average Cost of Buying a House....

days... for over a million dollars. The average house costs between $400,000-$500,000 in my area. brand new houses are starting at $379,000. However, you can find a nice house with 3/2 and a FROG in the low 200's.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Gail Collins - CancellationsGail, I saw your request in the shoutbox and today I stumbled upon this letter that I rec'd from another consultant - it's her cancellation policy. I have not used it but the consultant who passed it on to me uses it.

Attachments

• cancellationpolicy.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 175
  • cancellationpolicy.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 179
  • cancellationpolicy.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 189
This is what I use... this is my response to the e-mails that I get when people decide to cancel. I have used this with 2 people and they both have rescheduled on the date I gave them and both shows have held.

Here's the e-mail:

Thanks for getting back to me Kim. I'm sorry that you've decided to cancel and at this point I won't be able to schedule another show for that night. As you know, this is what I do for my income and cancelling does unemploy me for the night. I do take my job seriously and had been planning a great party for you. I have an opening on March 22nd (one week later that your original date) if you'd like it. If you would like it we would still have time to get your invitations out if I received your guest list this week and all of the time I have spent on your show would not be wasted. Please let me know if you would like that date. Thanks very much --- COLLEEN :)

Ironically, she's thinking of signing with me! Woo-hoo! Hopefully she will, although she might end up being a handful!

I love your letter Colleen!! I may start usin git!

I was just wondering how much the average house costs at your location.

The part of California I'm at has finally come down a bit. The average 3 bedroom 2 bath house in a standard neighborhood here is around $400,000-$500,000.

My MIL bought our house a little over 8 years ago for $135,000. If we were to sell it today, it would probably go for around $400,000.

Some of the brand new houses going up are selling for "Starting at $379,000" but are 2 bedrooms only and go up from there.

You can get a nice house with 3/2 and a FROG in the low 200's. We are waiting to buy to see if we are going to stay here or not......

What is a FROG?

The average house here is about $180,000. We are probably shopping in the below average range next summer when we move- unless my job picks up SIGNIFICANTLY between now and then.

Not sure about the average... but 'start homes' seem to be in the $129k range... when I bought my house 8 years ago it was $99k... now you can't find a house that low unless it's on cinder blocks. There's a lot of new developments being built though ranging from the $200s to the $400s... don't know who's affording those prices but I doubt their local... the development boom here is nuts. Every farm field is being turned into a mini-town... it's really overcrowding our schools fast too!

Alison,
Don't you have sons??
FROGS are those slimy, nasty green things with legs that little boys stick in their pockets (or on the table over P b & J when they think mom isn't looking)

Teresa said:
Alison,
Don't you have sons??
FROGS are those slimy, nasty green things with legs that little boys stick in their pockets (or on the table over P b & J when they think mom isn't looking)

I have 3 sons. And thankfully none of them have ever brought home frogs. The oldest starts Grade 9 in the fall- don't they dissect frogs in 9th? We might see one then. And the baby- who KNOWS what will fascinate HIM!

I was told that someone bought a house like ours for 240,000 ours is a 3 bed 1.5 bath but the 3rd bedroom is way down in the basement.

avg 2br condo downtown milwaukee is about 300k

Our three/four bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1200sq ft house with basement on a wooded lot and a half in a neighborhood sold for $128,000 in 2004. My 2000sq ft 2 story house with unfinished basement, 4 bedrooms, and 2.5 baths on wooded lot in a neighborhood cost about $250,000 to build, including the lot. BUT, nothing much is selling around here. Michigan's housing economy is not good right now. I don't think we could sell our house if we wanted to, and sometimes we want to because we are financially strapped.

Now I know why everyone is moving out of California! I can't believe how much less the houses are in the rest of the country. We pay for our geography though I guess.

The housing market is at a dead hault here though now. Prices should be coming down a bit I think.

3 bedroom 2 bathroom is $150,000-200,000

Greg needs to move a little further north for a more reasonable price! He would be moving to a smaller location only 67,000 ppl but crime is down! :cheerleader:

Nikkijo said:
3 bedroom 2 bathroom is $150,000-200,000

Greg needs to move a little further north for a more reasonable price! He would be moving to a smaller location only 67,000 ppl but crime is down! :cheerleader:

About the same up here in northern WI, but our gas is higher...while you guys were lingering in Racine/Milwaukee at $2.75-$2.85 a gallon, we were at $2.99, now we are up to $3.09. Food also costs more up here. :cry:

I'm totally bummed... there's three houses for sale on my parent's road (it would be so nice to live near them - not with them, just near them LOL)... the cheapest is $358k according to my mom's neighbor when we stopped there tonight. Wish we could afford that. Sad part is it's got less rooms than the one we have now.

Then there's one for about half a million but I can see why.. they've done a LOT of improvements to it and it sits with a bit of land... wooded too.. *drool* and another house they're trying to sell for near a million... the third has about 5 acres, a horse barn and pond but an older house, maybe 80 years old... and it's small. It's been on the market for a while though... don't know who they expect to buy it.

Seems like a lot of houses are on the market these days.

janetupnorth said:
About the same up here in northern WI, but our gas is higher...while you guys were lingering in Racine/Milwaukee at $2.75-$2.85 a gallon, we were at $2.99, now we are up to $3.09. Food also costs more up here. :cry:

Our gas is around $3.30 or so now.....:yuck:

Oh yikes... okay, now I'm feeling lucky that regular is only about $2.89/gallon... course we'll see what it is when I fill up later today.

Average here in southern central Maine is anywhere around $150,000 or so. Near the coast, obviously more money... I love Maine!

In the Lewiston, Idaho area, the average home price is probably around $170,000 although we have some 2-3 million dollar houses also. Lewiston was recently selected by National Geographic Adventure Magazine as one of the top 50 Best Places to Live and Play in America!:thumbsup:

Right now Taxachusetts is the most expensive place to live. It costs one arm and one leg for a ranch house. What makes matters worse is that all the new married couples starting out have to buy used houses instead of buying new because they build them to look like mansions!

Attachments

• Cooking party..steps to a great show from Marna.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 240
    32.5 KB · Views: 202
    32.5 KB · Views: 211
When my ex & I bought our house, it was 59,900. In a nice neighborhood with a huge yard. 3 bed/1 bath - 1200 sq ft. That was (yikes) almost 10 years ago. I would say avg around here is $150,000 for brand new. Haven't had to mess with that stuff since DH & I got married - we live in a farm house that's been paid for for many many moons.

When I mentioned that our house would probably sell for $400,000 right now, i forgot to mention that it is about 40-50 years old!

What is the average cost of buying a house?

The average cost of buying a house varies depending on location, size, and other factors. However, according to recent data, the average cost of a new home in the United States is around $383,900.

What are some additional costs to consider when buying a house?

In addition to the purchase price of the house, there are other costs to consider such as closing costs, property taxes, homeowner's insurance, and potential maintenance and repair expenses.

How much money should I have saved for a down payment?

It is recommended to have at least 20% of the purchase price saved for a down payment. However, there are some loan programs that allow for a lower down payment, but this may result in higher monthly mortgage payments.

Do I need to have a good credit score to buy a house?

Having a good credit score can make it easier to qualify for a mortgage and secure a lower interest rate. However, there are options available for individuals with lower credit scores.

Are there any government programs or incentives for first-time home buyers?

Yes, there are several government programs and incentives available for first-time home buyers, such as FHA loans, VA loans, and down payment assistance programs. It is important to research and speak with a lender to determine which options are best for your situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Amyskitchen2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies
Views
thebowman