• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

AMC Sensory-Friendly Movie Screenings for Kids with Autism and Sensory Needs

In summary, the AMC Sensory-Friendly Movie Screening is a program designed for children with autism and sensory needs, providing a more comfortable and inclusive movie experience. These screenings are offered once a month on a Saturday morning and are open to anyone who would benefit from a more relaxed movie experience. Accommodations during the screenings include reduced lighting and sound, and the ability to move around, talk, and bring in snacks. Tickets can be purchased in advance or on the day of the screening.
nikked
Gold Member
Hey to all you with ASD or Sensory kids! I got this information while I was in Vegas, and didn't have the opportunity to pass it on. It's too late for this month (the event was today), but thought I would post it so you can plan for next month.

No theaters in my area offer it (we're strictly a UA/Regal town), but if you have AMC theaters, check it out.

AMC has teamed with the Autism Society to hold monthly screenings of G or PG movies where the volume is turned down, other sensory concessions are made, and it is understood and expected that our children may not follow the normal "rules"!

See http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1977230,00.html#ixzz0jxFwh9Z1 for an article about it.

See http://www.autism-society.org/site/PageServer?pagename=sensoryfilms to find a theater near year and for information about next month.

I will "bump" this thread next month before the next showing.

Thank you so much for sharing this! I have a 21 yr old with Asperger's Syndrome but I know of other's that certainly could use this information! If you didn't know, we discovered that giving them their own IPOD with head phones works miracles!!!!

That's wonderful. I'll keep that information on hand.

What is the AMC Sensory-Friendly Movie Screening for Kids with Autism and Sensory Needs?

The AMC Sensory-Friendly Movie Screening is a program designed specifically for children with autism and sensory needs. These screenings offer a more comfortable and inclusive movie experience by reducing sensory stimuli such as lighting and sound, and allowing for movement and noise during the movie.

How often are these sensory-friendly screenings offered?

The sensory-friendly screenings are offered once a month on a Saturday morning. The exact date and time may vary, so we recommend checking with your local AMC theater for the upcoming screenings.

Can anyone attend these screenings or are they only for children with autism and sensory needs?

These screenings are open to anyone who would benefit from a more relaxed movie experience. While they are primarily designed for children with autism and sensory needs, we welcome families and individuals of all ages and abilities to attend.

What accommodations are made during the sensory-friendly screenings?

During the sensory-friendly screenings, the lights are turned up and the sound is turned down to create a more comfortable environment. Additionally, the audience is allowed to move around, talk, and even bring in their own snacks to accommodate any sensory needs.

Do I need to purchase tickets in advance for the sensory-friendly screenings?

Tickets for the sensory-friendly screenings can be purchased in advance or on the day of the screening. We recommend purchasing tickets in advance to guarantee your spot, as these screenings can sell out quickly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PCMomto4
Back