• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Autism/Sensory Kids

nikked

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2005
Hey to all you with ASD or Sensory kids! I got this information while I was in Vegas, and didn't have the opportunity to pass it on. It's too late for this month (the event was today), but thought I would post it so you can plan for next month.

No theaters in my area offer it (we're strictly a UA/Regal town), but if you have AMC theaters, check it out.

AMC has teamed with the Autism Society to hold monthly screenings of G or PG movies where the volume is turned down, other sensory concessions are made, and it is understood and expected that our children may not follow the normal "rules"!

See Sensory-Friendly Film Screenings for Kids with Autism - TIME for an article about it.

See Autism Society of America: Sensory Friendly Films to find a theater near year and for information about next month.

I will "bump" this thread next month before the next showing.

smart2cook

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2010
Thank you so much for sharing this! I have a 21 yr old with Asperger's Syndrome but I know of other's that certainly could use this information! If you didn't know, we discovered that giving them their own IPOD with head phones works miracles!!!!

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
That's wonderful. I'll keep that information on hand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PCMomto4
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views