• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Facebooking Cheffers: A Request for Wave 3 Conference Surprises

In summary, Di and Kate are asking not to talk about the new products on FB until after Wave 3 is over.
NooraK
Gold Member
Could I make a request please?

I know that we all agree to not post details of Conference on CS until Wave 3 is over, but I know some of you will come home very excited to share all the information with your friends and customers who may be friends on FB too.

I would ask that you don't forget though that you have friends who are in different waves and want to be just as surprised with all the new stuff as you were when you went.

It only dawned on me just today that FB might be a medium through which I might inadvertantly learn about the cool new stuff. I love surpises, and it's always a let down when it's spoiled before it's time (I found out about DH's proposal plans when he accidentally sent me an email that wasn't meant for my eyes). So maybe I'm overthinking this, but one of the highlights of conference for me was seeing the new products on stage, and I don't want to miss out on that excited anticipation.

This may just be a silly request, but I thought I'd put it out there anyway.

Good reminder, Noora. One of the advantages of being in Wave 3 is that we can share our excitement with everyone right away. :)

Good point, Noora! Thanks for bringing that up.

Smart, Noora - I hadn't even thought of that. :thumbup:

I thought we weren't supposed to talk about Pampered Chef on FB at all??

Di, I thought the same thing!

There are different interpretations of the rules and how they pertain to FB. I personally don't mention PC by name, but I'll talk about doing parties etc. I could just see someone posting as a status "Suzy Q is excited about the new ______ that will be available in September!"

Good point Noora, I hadn't thought of it that way.

If you have your settings set to "Friend Only", you can post information on FB. I don't post my PWS link there but have posted about the fundraiser I am doing, getting orders in by a certain deadline, etc. As long as you offer no direct link, you are safe as long as you are not "public"! I can't imagine anyone doing that but then I am shocked about the eBayers who sell all the things that only consultants can get and lie about being a consultant!

I could also see setting up a note attached to your profile as a way to get info to the customers and keep those who want to be surprised away. However, I don't share with my customers what is coming out (unless I know that person has been wanting whatever it is) until I have August booked. I focus on what is being discontinued!

I'm the same way, Kate. I use August to talk about the new products to book September. And, pcchefjane, even if your profile is set to Friends Only, it's illegal to have your PWS listed. (I know you said you don't, but others might take that to mean it's okay if they do.)I talk on FB about parties, but I don't mention the company. If anyone asks I go private with a Message. I'd rather err on the safe side.

I did a search for Pampered Chef one day on Facebook.... I was a bit ticked off at how many "The Pampered Chef" "fan" pages there were.... and at how many people had their websites listed! It's a bit frustrating to see how many people just don't seem to care that listing our websites on the internet is a clear violation of our contract with The Pampered Chef.....

It's frustrating, Celeste. I believe that following the rules (whether you agree with them or not) is a sign of a responsible, ethical businessperson.

raebates said:
I'm the same way, Kate. I use August to talk about the new products to book September.

And, pcchefjane, even if your profile is set to Friends Only, it's illegal to have your PWS listed. (I know you said you don't, but others might take that to mean it's okay if they do.)

I talk on FB about parties, but I don't mention the company. If anyone asks I go private with a Message. I'd rather err on the safe side.

This is what I do too. Sometimes I talk about what I'm cooking, or what a great party I had, or how much I love my job - but I never mention The Pampered Chef by name.;)

OMG I can not believe what I just saw........ i went on facebook and pout in the search PAMPEREDCHEF so many consutlants with there info right ther to see their website , how the people can contact them , how they van have a party There are even Directors doing it SHAME on them .

I THINK WE ALL HERE SHOULD CALL H.0 TODAY AND REPORT THIS .This is not fair to all of us that are working very hard for all of our sale
Are you all with me I am calling as soon as the open and you bet i will tell them at National Confrence when i get there

Honestly I don't think that someone having their website or info posted on fb is going to cost me any business. I can't imagine that most people go to fb looking for a PC consultant. As long as I am on the phone and on top of my business, I don't really worry about what other people are doing. They have to live with their ethical violations. And no, I don't have my info posted on fb. Of the friends I have on there, they all know I am with PC anyway.
Just my two cents...

raebates said:
I'm the same way, Kate. I use August to talk about the new products to book September.

And, pcchefjane, even if your profile is set to Friends Only, it's illegal to have your PWS listed. (I know you said you don't, but others might take that to mean it's okay if they do.)

I talk on FB about parties, but I don't mention the company. If anyone asks I go private with a Message. I'd rather err on the safe side.

that's what I do too.. I'm always posting "preparing or going to do a PC show"
that's it..

I know technology is moving faster than most can keep up with these days, but I truly believe that Pampered Chef has to make some serious SPECIFIC rules. These need to be spelled out and posted in numerous places (not just our contract info pages). I would really like to post my link to the site I pay for each year so my friends can see it and keep it in mind. I think that should be fair and allowed especially if we are set to private. Same thing for MySpace and Twitter and anything else that may come along. It can only help our business as long as we follow set rules. Right now the rules are a bit ambiguous and people use that to their advantage. I would rather error on the side of caution.

Part of the problem as I understand it is the way search engines work. My friend who looked for my website (and didn't find it) by googling my name and Pampered Chef found a few of my postings here at CS. If someone has their website listed online, doing a search of PC can bring them up. This can be a financial advantage. It also opens a can of worms for the HO, since they have no control over what I say on those sites. I don't find the rules all that restrictive. I can tell people what I do without mentioning the name. If they ask, I can send them information in a private message. The rules are pretty specific. No posting of your website online and no listing of yourself as a PC consultant on social sites. Period. It's no surprise to me that people break the rules. Have you tried driving the posted speed limit on a highway lately?

I agree with you the rules are right there on line for anyone of us to read
what i said I found is right on fb search pamperedchef and you will find all the websits people post
this is on the rules

"'The second exception pertains to personal electronic
communications. You may continue to include your Personal
Web Site address as part of your contact information or
signature on e-invitations, any e-mails that are currently
available through your Personal Web Site and your personal
e-mails to your customers. These communications may link
to your Personal Web Site. This also includes any electronic
mail pieces that may be developed by our licensed
merchandise vendor.
The ban on linking also prohibits the following:
• Listing or linking your Personal Web Site in Internet
directories or search engines, such as Google or Yahoo.
• Purchasing or using a separate domain name to re-direct
visitors to your Personal Web Site.
• Linking to Consultant’s Corner from any Web site.
• Linking to The Pampered Chef® corporate Web site
from any Web site.
It is your sole responsibility to ensure that your Personal
Web Site is not linked to any other Web site that violates
these policies."

On facebook, there is a place to list your employer. Would it be acceptable to list your job as a Pampered Chef Independent Consultant? (Without listing your website & just listing your job title?)

I guess I never thought of that as being restrictive because, again, I have plenty of business and I keep it strong by staying in personal contact with my customer base. I do think it is outdated as social networking is fast becoming one of the largest social mediums, but I also understand that PC opens a huge can of worms by allowing consultants to post links to their websites in various places. Like Rae Bates said, they can't control what any one of us says that may be misconstrued as official PC news or some such.
What I don't understand is the mentality of worrying about what other people are doing and making it a point to run and tell. The way I see it, as long as I am taking care of my business, I really don't have time to keep up with what others are doing.

pchefbonnie said:
On facebook, there is a place to list your employer. Would it be acceptable to list your job as a Pampered Chef Independent Consultant? (Without listing your website & just listing your job title?)
No. The policies clearly state that we are not allowed to state anywhere online that we are PC consultants.

I am taking care of my business and I have for 9 years earning trips TPC ect
but what is not fair is when we are not alowed to do somthing by having web-info on licks Even if that gets someone 1 sale or one person to join there team ( that is one of the percks that Team Leaders get Home office leads ) I work very hard on my business to get what I have with PC
I am not a telling on them because I hav e nothing else to do

Yes PC will probably allow all of this in the future but for now it's not , and the dirctors ect that do post this stuff should know better.

Its the same as selling stuff on Ebay not allowed

I'm sure most of these people will be getting a warning from HO the way I did with MySpace when I frst started.

The way I see it...people who ignore the rules by posting their websites and saying they are consultants will eventually pay a price. However, some do not know they are breaking the rules, and sometimes customers or friends post the information without their knowledge. It will eventually get flagged by home office or someone who lets them know. If they are accidents then the consultant will not be upset by someone letting them know. If they are not accidents, then eventually it will cost them big. This seems to be a huge violation to some, but if we are going to report everything we see in violation we better make sure we are not in violation of anything ourselves. Rules are rules and all rules are the same...one is not more important than another. Breaking any rule is not good. But, it all goes back to personal interpretation of the rules.

I am not going to report anyone. And I don't go looking on ebay for PC products or do a search for PC to see if I can find anyone listed. They have to deal with that themselves.

soccermama said:
I did a search for Pampered Chef one day on Facebook.... I was a bit ticked off at how many "The Pampered Chef" "fan" pages there were.... and at how many people had their websites listed! It's a bit frustrating to see how many people just don't seem to care that listing our websites on the internet is a clear violation of our contract with The Pampered Chef.....

I did the same, and I did send a few notes to those that were listed as directors and in return this person was very rude to me and posted all kinds of rude comments on her page about me. I will not say anything else ever again after being slung through the mud by a senior director on Facebook. I contacted my hospitality that was the one that reminded all of us in the cluster that we could not do this & that this person was doing this and a friend of hers, not sure where things went after that. I never heard any more. Just gave a bad name to someone that we as only consultants look up to someone like that that would bahave that way.

I'm not saying all those at that level behave that way, this person was a senior director behaving poorly to me. Not cool as far as I am concerned!

Schel

It's been addressed before, unfortunately many consultants are not happy to be informed that they're breaking the rules. It's not something that I would advocate. If you are concerned enough to do something, let HO office know, and let them deal with it.

The only consolation I can offer: If you were customer of hers, what would you think if you saw how she treated you on her posts? The only one she's hurting in the end is herself.

The facebook pages are nothing new. They have been on there at least a year or more that I know of. PC doesn't have the time or resources to get everyone off or they wouldn't have the info out there.

The last time I said something to anyone about it, they told me that our NED was mentioning PC on her FB page so they figured that they could also...

So I dropped the subject.

I pretty much dropped it also.

My only connection to PC on Facebook is when I play "Farm Town". The name of my farm is Pampered Chef Farm. Hopefully someone will bring up questions about it.
Anybody want to be my neighbor?

pcchefjane said:
If you have your settings set to "Friend Only", you can post information on FB.

Not true. I am set to friends only and still got a violation notice. So I guess one of my "friends" turned me in. *shrug*

As my extra job I listed I had a home based business that has fantastic products that I use in the kitchen everyday!

1. In response to if we could list Pampered Chef as our employer, Ann is correct. However, Pampered Chef is not our employer, we are independent consultants.2. Some upper level directors are allowed to advertise in ways we aren't - check the policies online.3. If you are upset, forward it to HO and let it go. Take that time and energy to focus on YOUR business!4. HO is currently looking at the policies and will (hopefully) soon be updating them.

I have a friend that sells Chez Ami children's clothing that is an independent sales company. Chez Ami actually encourages their consultants to get their name and business out there as much as possible. The owner's husband, Joel Aiken, actually set up a Chez Ami (Patsy Aiken Designs) fan and consultant page on Facebook. They realize that this is a way to promote a business and I must say that PC needs to look into that. I think it is a good thing rather than a bad thing even though nothing about Pampered Chef is on my FB page.

llmahaffey said:
I have a friend that sells Chez Ami children's clothing that is an independent sales company. Chez Ami actually encourages their consultants to get their name and business out there as much as possible. The owner's husband, Joel Aiken, actually set up a Chez Ami (Patsy Aiken Designs) fan and consultant page on Facebook. They realize that this is a way to promote a business and I must say that PC needs to look into that. I think it is a good thing rather than a bad thing even though nothing about Pampered Chef is on my FB page.

I think it is all about equality. Not everyone has internet access. It is not really a web based company, so it does not encourage it that way. Might be nice for PC to update their policy in some way. I am sure they have looked into it.

DebbieJ said:
Not true. I am set to friends only and still got a violation notice. So I guess one of my "friends" turned me in. *shrug*

Seriuosly? Wow.... that really stinks!

DebbieJ said:

Wow, what a "friend". I agree with Paulette, that stinks!

This is when your friend should have come to you with her problem with your post, rather than go to HO. Tsk, tsk.

I found it really interesting that in a workshop I attended the speaker actually promoted using Facebook as a tool for your business.

Really? Wow! In what context?

My status has been updated to say something like this:

"Diane is opening her surprise boxes, which her friends were kind enough to send her from National Conference. Oil Dipping set, anyone?"

One of my contacts asked for a link to my web site, which I sent her by private message.

cmdtrgd said:
1. In response to if we could list Pampered Chef as our employer, Ann is correct. However, Pampered Chef is not our employer, we are independent consultants.

2. Some upper level directors are allowed to advertise in ways we aren't - check the policies online.

3. If you are upset, forward it to HO and let it go. Take that time and energy to focus on YOUR business!

4. HO is currently looking at the policies and will (hopefully) soon be updating them.

Excellent advice.

pampcheflisa said:
I found it really interesting that in a workshop I attended the speaker actually promoted using Facebook as a tool for your business.

I was also in a workshop (the PWS one), and the speaker mentioned FB, but did not elaborate about restrictions for use. Making it seem like it was OK to advertise on FB. I wrote on my feedback sheet about it.

The context was: "How many of you have Facebook accounts?"...(everyone raises hands)..."Well, it's a great tool to use in your business". "I posted on Tuesday that I was packing for National Conference. I just love Pampered Chef." "So, a friend from high school posted that she loves Pampered Chef too...."
Anyways, she went on to explain that she had this conversation with this friend about hosting and then found out she needed extra income and was waiting to hear back about possibly recruiting.
I'm not making any judgments, just found it interesting that she elaborated that much in a workshop.

The feedback sheets from the workshops go to the presenters, but I believe that HO listens to all of the recordings for all workshops. When I did one last year, I got an unedited copy on CD from them.

Hopefully they will let the presenter know...sheesh!

I have used FB before but in generalized statements about shows, sales, etc without mentioning PC. I have also seen people blatenly name the business. Those I usually put on my ignore list!

I recently added 3 shows to my Sept schedule (my August is booked) by posting that if your a stone lover, Sept is the month for you! Never once was PC mentioned but everyone I am friends with on FB knows! I also just made a new contact in California because a childhood friend (who I have caught up with on FB) gave her my info....I think you can be respectful on the rules and still use the internet as an asset to your business. I would never rely on it completely but it is a nice little bonus!!

erinyourpclady said:
I think you can be respectful on the rules and still use the internet as an asset to your business. I would never rely on it completely but it is a nice little bonus!!

ITA, Erin!! I think there are ways that you can use it to your advantage without disregarding policy.

Regarding the consultant-only groups on FB: I contacted HO about them. They indicated to me (I'll look for the email) that those groups are also against policy, because the "must be a consultant" requirement makes the membership list of the group a virtual consultant directory. And, as we all know, identifying ourselves as consultants online is prohibited.

I've got 2 new possible customers from saying that I was going to PC conference. That's all there is on my face book. If anyone would like to be a buddy I'm listed as Bobby Mayo from Prairieville, La. I welcome new PC friends.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WendyE
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
WendyE
  • NooraK
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
RMDave
Replies