• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Facebooking Cheffers: A Request for Wave 3 Conference Surprises

In summary, Di and Kate are asking not to talk about the new products on FB until after Wave 3 is over.
There is ambiguity in the current rules since there is a difference between "linking" your personal web site to another site and listing it as a short time comment.It's also extremely difficult to police customers who solicit THEIR facebook contacts for outside orders to THEIR show and post a link to the website as a way to get them or create a facebook event (that is only viewable by their friends list and until the event has happened).I *DO* understand and respect the rules, (and the reasons for them) but as a consultant it can be frustrating to see other companies having a thriving on-line business because their direct seller companies don't restrict the use of a social network. In my opinion, it is different to post a link about a specific event or show that will disappear and is only shared with a social network (i.e., people who are already connected) than it is to open up your own website promoting your PC business that is google crawlable. The world is moving to a virtual model and I personally don't see much difference between networking by having my friend host a show and I meet her friends in her kitchen or meet them over the phone (if it is a catalog show) or through a social networking site. Quite honestly, I think their guests would get better customer service if they could deal with me directly during a catalog show, rather than just giving the host orders. But that's my opinion. I expect that someday we'll catch up with the technology. In the meantime, I just add all my facebook friends to my email list for an intro email and "catch" them that way.

Let mesay that I do follow the rules completely.. but would love to see access to FB or other venues to advertise to our own friends (to start with) But they just announced a Florist is now advertising on FB and expect BIG returns.. geeze. I just feel it could only be a positive thing.... And I get red with anger when I see others breaking the rules!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is not fair for them to get away with breaking the rules!!! Until HO changes the rules.. they are there to follow. And I am all for turning in any who violate!!! Blast me for that if you want.. It matters not to me!! Right is right and wrong is wrong!! Simple!!!!

What irked me a bit was at conference, they showed how they (HO) used Bloggers to get word out and do some marketing....Uh...HELLO?! Hopefully that is a GOOD thing and shows a turning tide in how they'll let us handling the new age of marketing and let us embrace it. I can see having guidelines- like you can't just set up online shop nationwide or something....but at least let us work in our "friends" circles, or within our local area (like local Chamber of Commerce sites who have online biz-directories).

What I understood was that the bloggers were not affiliated with PC, which means they are not tied to our rules. But I agree, it's frustrating when they don't mention anything about the rules we're bound to, and we all know most new consultants don't read those P&Ps.

NooraK said:
What I understood was that the bloggers were not affiliated with PC, which means they are not tied to our rules. But I agree, it's frustrating when they don't mention anything about the rules we're bound to, and we all know most new consultants don't read those P&Ps.
Well, I guess it comes down to changing the world- one person at a time, right? When WE recruit folks, since this is a subject that regularly comes up, then we as CS Cheffers- should be making sure our new team members are reading those guidelines and at the very least- point out the couple of rules we know get overlooked. I know we can't make them read it, but in the support calls, we can refer to them regularly. Thankfully, my recruit is great that way and she does her homework. UNFORTUNATELY, I know of Directors and above who don't even know or follow these rules!*sigh* I will focus on MY business and not what others are doing. There are always those that think the rules do not apply to them- in all areas of life. I can only be responsible for myself and do what I know is right in my heart- because that reflects the person that I am and who God wants me to be.

<h2>1. What is the purpose of "Facebooking Cheffers" and why is it important to not share details of Conference until Wave 3 is over?</h2><p>The purpose of "Facebooking Cheffers" is to connect Pampered Chef consultants on Facebook and provide a platform for them to share information and updates about the company and products. It is important to not share details of Conference until Wave 3 is over because it allows consultants in all waves to experience the excitement and surprise of new product releases together.</p><h2>2. Can I request for a specific surprise to be revealed during Wave 3 Conference?</h2><p>Yes, you can make a request for a specific surprise to be revealed during Wave 3 Conference. However, please keep in mind that the company has already planned and prepared for the Conference and may not be able to accommodate all requests.</p><h2>3. Is it okay to share details of Conference on Facebook before Wave 3 is over?</h2><p>No, it is not okay to share details of Conference on Facebook before Wave 3 is over. This is to ensure that all consultants have the same experience and are not left out of any surprises or announcements.</p><h2>4. What should I do if I accidentally find out about new products before Wave 3 Conference?</h2><p>If you accidentally find out about new products before Wave 3 Conference, please refrain from sharing the information on Facebook or any other platform. It is important to respect the company's request to keep the surprises a secret until all waves have experienced them.</p><h2>5. Why is it important to keep the element of surprise during Conference?</h2><p>Keeping the element of surprise during Conference adds to the excitement and anticipation of new products being released. It also ensures that all consultants have the same experience and are not left out of any surprises or announcements.</p>

1. What is the purpose of "Facebooking Cheffers" and why is it important to not share details of Conference until Wave 3 is over?

The purpose of "Facebooking Cheffers" is to connect Pampered Chef consultants on Facebook and provide a platform for them to share information and updates about the company and products. It is important to not share details of Conference until Wave 3 is over because it allows consultants in all waves to experience the excitement and surprise of new product releases together.

2. Can I request for a specific surprise to be revealed during Wave 3 Conference?

Yes, you can make a request for a specific surprise to be revealed during Wave 3 Conference. However, please keep in mind that the company has already planned and prepared for the Conference and may not be able to accommodate all requests.

3. Is it okay to share details of Conference on Facebook before Wave 3 is over?

No, it is not okay to share details of Conference on Facebook before Wave 3 is over. This is to ensure that all consultants have the same experience and are not left out of any surprises or announcements.

4. What should I do if I accidentally find out about new products before Wave 3 Conference?

If you accidentally find out about new products before Wave 3 Conference, please refrain from sharing the information on Facebook or any other platform. It is important to respect the company's request to keep the surprises a secret until all waves have experienced them.

5. Why is it important to keep the element of surprise during Conference?

Keeping the element of surprise during Conference adds to the excitement and anticipation of new products being released. It also ensures that all consultants have the same experience and are not left out of any surprises or announcements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WendyE
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
WendyE
  • NooraK
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
RMDave
Replies