• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

From Struggling to Thriving: My Business Journey in 2 1/2 Years

In summary, The author has struggled with their business for the past two and a half years and has resigned in November. January was not a good month for them and they decided to go all in on their new business venture, PC-ing full-time. They have managed to book six shows in February and have been very excited and determined since. They also have a very interested recruit lead.
wcsis
I have struggled with my business for the past 2 1/2 years between my other job scheduling issues and actually had to resign just this past November. January was not a great month for me and actually pushed me to quit my part-time job to do PC full time. Now that I am on the PC side of the fence full time I am ready to rock and roll my way to Nashville in October.

My attitude has changed dramatically in the past two weeks since giving notice to my employer and I realized how much so this past Saturday and today.

Saturday I picked up the phone determined to get shows for February. Well, out of 6 phone calls I managed I left 2 voicemails and booked 3 shows for February!!!!!!! Never was it so easy for me to actually 'ask' a potential host and get a booking! And one of the booked shows was with a person I myself have NEVER met, her contact info was passed to me by a former consultant.

Today I made many calls to businesses regarding fundraising in Febraury for Relay for Life and schools fundraising for upcoming Grad Night. Lots of voicemails left but several were very interested in hearing more info, which I made arrangements to drop off to them in person.

As of tonight I have 6 booked shows for February, half way to my goal of 12, and have never been so excited to go to work in the morning! :love: I also have a very interested recruit lead!

How is everyone else doing with February bookings?????

YAY!!!!! Wish we had a "like" button sometimes.. LOL!!What kind of business' did you contact about fundraisers? You are doing great. Keep up the good work. The more you just do it the easier it is. (now for me to follow the same advice)

naekelsey said:
YAY!!!!! Wish we had a "like" button sometimes.. LOL!!

What kind of business' did you contact about fundraisers?

You are doing great. Keep up the good work. The more you just do it the easier it is. (now for me to follow the same advice)

Actually I looked up the Relay for Life teams on the Relay website, the ones that were named for businesses (IE: RiteAid) in my area I wrote down and then looked up the phone number, called them today and asked for the team captain who's name was listed in the Team roster. Took me a couple hours on Friday to look them up. I have contact info for about 30 teams. :) Got hold of about 5 of them, I need to call earlier in the day I think, tomorrow they are on my list of calls.

If my fundraisers fall into place you will surely be seeing posts about it here. I am hoping to cash in on the double points for February! I have always wanted to go to Nashville...guess I will be going in October!

What a great idea!! Good luck to you. I need to get over my shyness and do something like this..

That is terrific! Keep up the good work! You have given me inspiration as I have been having a bad month.

Wow! Congratulations to you! Keep up that great job you are doing and attitude does make a huge difference!

Keep up the great attitude and the great work!

I too am determined to kick my business up a couple notches this year. Not only is it a dream, but it has become a necessity for the income.

My challenge has been to get out of the circle of calling and leaving messages to the same people over and over again. Last night I picked up the phone and started customer care calls. One customer had ordered a metal square pan, so I told her she could add to her collection in February. She booked a catalog show! (My February is pretty much full with 10-11 shows right now)!!!!

the past two saturdays I have contacted one person that each time asked me to call her back on Monday evening. I have called both the past two Monday evenings and neither time has my call been answered. I think I am going to shelve her for the month and move onto my others. I will call her again when the new season starts.

That is great! I am so BAD about just getting on the phone and calling people...I need to do what you did and just take the plunge! Congrats! I really think our new Web and Mobile APP will make it SO much easier to bring our business to the customer - really looking forward to it!

1. How did you overcome struggles in your business to become successful in just 2 1/2 years?

It wasn't easy, but I stayed determined and focused on my goals. I also sought guidance and advice from successful Pampered Chef consultants and implemented their strategies. I also continuously evaluated and adjusted my business plan to stay relevant and competitive in the market.

2. What were some of the biggest challenges you faced during your 2 1/2 year journey?

One of the biggest challenges was building a strong customer base and gaining their trust. It took time and effort to establish relationships with my customers and show them the value of Pampered Chef products. Another challenge was managing my time effectively and balancing my personal and professional life.

3. What motivated you to keep going during difficult times?

I was constantly reminded of my goals and the reasons why I started this business. I also had a strong support system, including my Pampered Chef team, friends, and family, who encouraged and motivated me to persevere. I also celebrated small victories and milestones, which kept me motivated to keep pushing forward.

4. How did you maintain a positive mindset throughout your journey?

I surrounded myself with positive and like-minded individuals who believed in my abilities and supported my journey. I also practiced self-care and took breaks when needed to prevent burnout. Additionally, I focused on the positive aspects of my business and reminded myself of my accomplishments, no matter how small they may seem.

5. What advice would you give to someone who is struggling with their Pampered Chef business?

Don't give up. Stay consistent and dedicated to your goals. Seek advice and guidance from successful consultants and continuously evaluate and adjust your business plan. Remember to celebrate small wins and stay positive, even during difficult times. And most importantly, believe in yourself and your abilities to succeed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dkitten13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
dkitten13
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
katylunsford
  • Krista Burson