• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Attention Relay for Life Members ...

In summary, the ACS is asking for your PC consultant ID in order to match funds. It is unclear if this is a benefit just for PC consultants or if it is for all Relay for Life members. There is a place to enter your ID if you sign up online, and if you designate the fundraiser for the Relay, your team will get the larger percentage.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Did you know that when you sign up online for Relay for Life, it asks for your PAMPERED CHEF CONSULTANT ID????

I called the ACS and asked what was up with this ... they said they think it is because of some kind of matching funds, but she is not sure about that.

Does anybody know if this benefits us?

Very little of my fundraising has been done online, but if this would help my team in any way ...

I signed up for a relay team and it didn't ask my #?

It didn't ask for mine either ... but when I went to change my profile it was right there, under the extension for my work number.I am wondering if others should plug my ID in or if it's a benefit just for me ... after all, I am THEIR PC consultant.

It didn't ask me for mine, but I'll have to go back and double check. This is interesting.

If you go into your profile there's a place to enter it.I called HQ which was clueless as to why the ACS is asking for this info. Perhaps they just want to know how many consultants are on Relay teams?

Hm...I went in and you're absolutely right - there it was - a place for my PC consultant # -- wow!

I have been a RFL member for 8 yrs - when i sign myself & my team -it didn't ask me

And for the last two years - I have done fundraising for RFL - that is why I have a large show total - that was my first fundraiser and was my 9th month with PC

:chef:

It didn't ask me when I signed up either.But when I went to change my profile, there is a place for it.A new company is handling their web site this year, and I don't know for the life of me why it asks for this info. Since RFL has NOTHING to do with Help Whip Cancer, it can't be that. And since this is Relay and not Strides, that's not it either.If I ask the hostess of my last show to enter my consultant ID, will her team get matching funds for every dollar they raise online?I wish the ACS or HQ had some answers for us!

If you find anything out, let us know!

I'll e-mail my staff partner and hope for the best!

Would you mind sharing how you do your RFL Fundraisers? Thanks! :)

I just signed my son up on my team & it didn't ask

Mine profile isn't asking for mine either... wonder why!?!

It's probably because PC is sponsoring a corporate team for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk that happens in October. PC has to have a certain # of walkers registered and probably gave ACS the names of all consultants to make sure they're linked in to meet our "quota." Guess their computer systems are picking up on your name.

Relay for lifeI am on a team and we just had a fundraiser show and have over $1000.00 in sales. Does Pampered Chef give the 15% or will they do up 25% since the Relay for life is The American Cancer Society. If so, do I change it to ACS as the fundraiser and how does our team get the credit for it?

Thanks in advance for your help .
Darcy

It has nothing to do with my name ... which is very, very common ... I actually discovered it when I was signing up my team. (I direct them to the web site and for the ones that are too lazy, I make them fill out a form and use that info to sign them up, assigning them a random user name and password. The person I was signing up has a very, very unusual name and the info was there in his profile too.

I think they may be trying to find out how many PC consultants Relay in preparation for Strides, even though Strides and Relay are completely separate too!

Anyway ... nobody has been able to give me an answer to this.

Last night I went on the web to make the donation from my commission to the team that held the BIG show ... it asked if my company did matching funds. Mindful of the answer I first got from the ACS, I put yes and put the name of my company as Pampered Chef. I don't think they do, but just in case, I do not want my Relay to miss out on anything.

Darcy, Relay is not the same as Help Whip Cancer. If you designate the fundraiser for the Relay, it will get the smaller percentage. It will only get the larger percentage if you designate it as Help Whip Cancer. It still goes to the ACS, but the ACS designates it for breast cancer research. This really steams me because a) May is a big Relay month, too and b) Most of the people I relay for fought some kind of cancer other than breast cancer. The reason I volunteer for the aCS is that they do not focus on only one kind of cancer, but on the disease no matter where it manifests. Anyway, end of mini-rant. ENTER YOUR CONSULTANT ID IN YOUR PROFILE ... because maybe that will convince PC to realize how many of us Relay!

Thanks Di for explaining the difference, and just to make sure I have it right, If I changed it it HWC, then the higher percent will go to ACS, but the check would not come to the team , it goes directly to ACS and we never see it.

Darcy

That's correct. Your team does not get credit for HWC stuff.

Well, isn't this interesting ....After telling you all about it and asking about it ... that field is gone from my profile! Nobody was ever able to tell me why it was there in the first place, so I'm guessing they realized their error and made it go away.Oh well ... less confusing that way.

What is Pampered Chef's involvement with Relay for Life?

Pampered Chef is a proud supporter of Relay for Life. We have been a National Team for the American Cancer Society since 2000, and our consultants and customers have raised over $14 million to support cancer research and patient services.

How can I get involved with Pampered Chef's Relay for Life efforts?

There are several ways to get involved! You can join our National Team as a consultant or customer and participate in fundraising events, host a Pampered Chef party where a portion of the sales will be donated to Relay for Life, or make a direct donation through our website.

What products does Pampered Chef offer that support Relay for Life?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that support Relay for Life, including our Help Whip Cancer® products and our exclusive Relay for Life purple products. These items have a portion of their sales donated directly to the American Cancer Society.

What is the Help Whip Cancer campaign?

The Help Whip Cancer campaign is a long-standing partnership between Pampered Chef and the American Cancer Society. During the month of May, a portion of the sales from designated Help Whip Cancer products is donated to the American Cancer Society to support breast cancer research and patient services.

Can I donate directly to Relay for Life through Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can make a direct donation to Relay for Life through our website. 100% of the donations will go directly to the American Cancer Society to support cancer research and patient services.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3girls
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows