• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Increasing Party Attendance in a Struggling Economy

In summary, this lady was having a lot of trouble getting people to RSVP, but when she did, and asked friends to come, one of them called to say they were coming.
Hathery
Gold Member
Okay, so as of late with the whole "economy" thing my attendance has been significantly decreased at parties. I like to think I am clear with my hosts about how to send out the invites, how to encourage outside/online orders, etc. but I just don't think I'm doing a good enough job. Anyone have any suggestions of how to increase attendance? I've heard a few people say to send out the invites for your host seems to help. Any other ideas? I'm at a loss here.

I've heard people say they ask hosts if they'd like to hear how to have a successful show. Then when the host says "yes" you coach them about calling each guest, inviting everyone they know, etc. I send out the invites, that way I know they go out and I know how many are going out. That makes a huge difference.

I give hosts suggestions on what to say when they are making the phone calls. "I need to know how many are coming so I have enough food." is a good excuse hosts may use. It's true, so it's not really an excuse. Hosts may also call everyone to let them know about the specials. Hosts may also call to suggest their guests bring a friend. I've suggested that hosts ask guests if there is somthing in particular they would like to see because I don't bring everything. Hosts don't like the phone anymore than we do, so if you give them a reason to call and/or something to say when they call, it will be easier for them to pick up the phone.

On my invitations I put a date to RSVP by and offer a gift to everyone who RSVP's by that date. I also print "bring a friend, get a gift".

Those are awesome suggestions! I think I need to just get more confident about asking people for what I want. Even though I know it's not true, I feel as though I'm imposing somehow on people to "tell them how to be a hostess." I think by asking permission to give some tips it would really help me out :)

I finally had my first potential host make a comment about the economy just this week. My fear with her, from talking to her, is that she won't invite people that she knows are having a harder time right now. I talked to her about the $2 a serving meal ideas and how we could actually help people right now because more people are having to eat at home. She was still very iffy and I would love to know how to get her "on my side" so to speak. I want her to understand the benefits of having a show now and inviting friends who are having a tough time.

Mention that our tools are very durable, and will make it easy for her friends to save money by eating in. It's also a good idea to let her know that everyone is welcome to attend to get recipe tips. Sometimes hosts will add people they've prejudged, if they know that people aren't expected to buy. And then the guests will make their own decisions about purchasing.

Maybe when they talk about the economy, say something about the $2 meal thing, then explain that it's not a requirement for them to purchase if they don't want, but maybe by just inviting them, we can help them find a new way to budget for meals to save money to help out their everyday lives. I know that myself personally wouldn't want somone to go broke, or skip a payment of some sort just to come to a show and purchase something because they HAVE to. They might even be good canidates to host their own show to earn the tools they need for free! I bet by explaining this to the host they will reconsider their thinking.

This is sort of like this, but not totally, I just got off the phone with a lady who was calling to talk to a co-worker of mine, she is having a show Friday night. When I helped her put together her invite list, I asked about 2 ladies that we both know, she said no, I'm sure they won't come. Well, I mailed the invite anyways, and one just called and said that her and her sister (the 2 ladies she didnt want to invite) are coming, and asked if I could pass the message along! I kinda wanna do a HA in your face kinda dance when I tell her, but I wont! She might be a really good party, she's $5 short of qualifing for a show and the show isnt here yet! I know she still has one order in the office here to collect too!

My show on Monday had 35 RSVP's:eek: but for one reason or another only 18 showed up...but hooray for 18 :D- my largest show yet - for attendance! We planned on 4 recipes since there so many RSVP's and she was going to make sure she was there to help in case no one offered.

But, it was so chaotic, the host was too busy giving tours of her new house, not a single person was interested in what I had to say - I finally had to stop talking - to myself - long enough to find her and ask for her help with the recipe since no one else was paying attention. Honestly I was fighting back tears. :cry:

Sales - $400! :eek:Shocking considering there were 18 people BUT "no one really had the money"

Bookings - 0, zip, notta, a big fat negative! :grumpy: This was my biggest disappointment.

Customer Care Calls - I made them the next day, left a few messages saying thanks for coming, I had a great time and hope they too, told them when we were planning to close the show in case they knew of someone who wasn't able to make it but wanted to place an order or if they decided to add to their order, left my number for any PC needs they may have and told them when they could expect their product.

I tried to be as professional :chef:as I could considering I have no idea if they even realized how rude they were. Anyway - lesson learned - I will only make one recipe no matter how many people RSVP. I'll give the host recipes for anything else she would like to have - but I'm sticking to my guns - one recipe (I might still bring a dessert already made - but at the show, one demo!)

Attendance Issues? For this party - not at all. The economy may have people not able to purchase but they still come. I know this was just one incident but even at my other shows people come but can't buy anything. I have NO SHOWS FOR DECEMBER! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO????:confused::cry:

For me sending out the invitations (once they committ to a guest list they follow through) and doing a Post Call reminder call helps keep up attendence and outside orders.

The HO has helped with many word choices for the economy issue. In another thread we spoke about how the economy in some places of the country, is not as bad as in other areas, yet the media makes it their lead story. So we all think that the economy is bad in our area too. For those areas that are not affected, the economy may be a easier way that saying "I don't want to do a party" or "I don't want to try".

Some hosts feel if they have a party they will have to beg people or make them feel like they "have to" order, but they may not tell you this. As part of my host coaching, I encourage the host to follow up with those that could not attend. I reassure the host by saying "Let them know you are closing your party in a few days and you want them to have the opportunity to place and order if they would like. Your guest will either say yes or no and either answer is fine." That way, the host won't feel pressured and it will serve as a reminder to those that do want to place an order.

Last edited:
pcsharon1 said:
I finally had my first potential host make a comment about the economy just this week. My fear with her, from talking to her, is that she won't invite people that she knows are having a harder time right now. I talked to her about the $2 a serving meal ideas and how we could actually help people right now because more people are having to eat at home. She was still very iffy and I would love to know how to get her "on my side" so to speak. I want her to understand the benefits of having a show now and inviting friends who are having a tough time.

With a host like this, I would tell her to invite them...there is no pressure to buy. That usually makes hosts feel better. Then when you pass out catalogs, etc. have a list in there about gifts for under $10 or $20.

Bring one of these done up:
Teacher gift ideas such as a prep bowl (with the holiday tag on) CC filled with holiday wrapped candies. Tie it all up with a ribbon. They could knock off 6 teacher, bus driver, mail carrier and hair dresser gifts for $20 and the cost of the candy...then visit the dollar store for ribbon. Simple and economical!

The easy opener comes to ALL of my parties...and it makes a great stocking stuffer for just $4!! Great for those with carpal tunnel, arthritis or that just want to make opening jars, cans and bottles that much easier!

Even if 3 of these people went on one order together...it is one more order and possibly a booking or recruit lead now or in the future!

1. How can I encourage people to attend my Pampered Chef party during a struggling economy?

One way to increase party attendance during a struggling economy is to offer special incentives or discounts for attendees. This could include a percentage off their total order or a free product with a certain purchase amount. You can also emphasize the value and quality of Pampered Chef products, highlighting how they can save money in the long run by investing in high-quality kitchen tools and cookware.

2. What are some creative ways to get people excited about attending a Pampered Chef party?

Consider hosting a themed party, such as a "cooking on a budget" or "meal prep made easy" party. This will appeal to those looking to save money and time in the kitchen. You can also offer cooking demonstrations or hands-on activities to showcase the products and get people excited about using them.

3. How can I reach out to potential guests who may be hesitant to attend due to financial concerns?

One approach is to offer a payment plan option for those who may not be able to afford the entire purchase at once. You can also emphasize the flexibility of Pampered Chef products, such as their ability to make budget-friendly meals or the option to host a virtual party for those who may not be able to attend in person.

4. How can I make my Pampered Chef party stand out in a competitive market?

One way to differentiate your party is to focus on the unique benefits of Pampered Chef products, such as their durability and versatility. You can also offer a personalized and interactive experience for attendees, such as allowing them to try out products and providing helpful tips and recipes.

5. How can I get repeat attendees to continue coming to my Pampered Chef parties?

One strategy is to offer a loyalty program or rewards system for repeat attendees. You can also keep things fresh and exciting by introducing new products or hosting themed parties on a regular basis. Additionally, providing excellent customer service and following up with attendees after the party can help build a loyal customer base.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Jules711
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • janetgia