• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Conference Attendance with Incentives: Unlock Exclusive Benefits Now!

In summary, the conference offers a variety of incentives for attendees, including extra points toward SOMETHING, such as the trip or submission incentive in July. However, be advised that going solely for the incentives may not be the best investment for your business, as you will get more out of attending if you have the intent of learning and growing.
Becca_in_MD
Gold Member
I'm spoiled, I know, but I want some incentives for attending conference. It's about time they start enticing us. I'm holding off on registering in the hopes that my one little registration will keep the numbers down and HO will feel the need to bribe us to go. I would LOVE the extra incentive trip points that Leadership attendees got. I know, they always give us goodies while we're there and have at times had a July show or submission incentive tied to attendance. I just want MORE, darn it!

Any guesses or hopes on what they might do?

In years past, if you hold and submit 2 shows in July AND attend NC, they will give you an incentive. Also, they sometimes give extra points toward SOMETHING, whether its a new promo, the trip, etc.

But, you shouldn't really go to get incentives. You will get so much more out of it if you just go w/ the intent of building your biz.

for Leadership they offered an incentive for attendee's only right after, so if you don't go you might miss out and not know if until after. I agree with Steph though, it is the info I am going for not the "stuff". This will be my first NC, b/c I am 6 mons news, but Leadership was worth every penny!!

And don't forget about all of the awesome freebies that they give you while you are at conference.....always good stuff!!!

Are you serious????
Isn't the knowledge and training they give us incentive enough????
Please tell me you were joking...

Well, it's your business...... the incentive of almost doubling your business with the info you learn might be enough....but as with any business, the more you put into it the more you get out of it. Hope you choose to go.

dannyzmom said:
Are you serious????
Isn't the knowledge and training they give us incentive enough????
Please tell me you were joking...

That was kinda my first thought...

Plus, I think half off and free conference was a GREAT incentive...

wow! Are you really serious?

If you are serious and that is your attitude - why are you a consultant?

pamperedlinda said:
wow! Are you really serious?

If you are serious and that is your attitude - why are you a consultant?

Now, be nice. My recruit signed with the intention of being a 'kitnapper.' It was the incentives (PC$$, etc), that made her even try to book shows. She hasn't less than a $1250 month, and April was over $1600. So, there's nothing wrong with reaching for the dangling carrot.

pampchefsarah said:
Now, be nice. My recruit signed with the intention of being a 'kitnapper.' It was the incentives (PC$$, etc), that made her even try to book shows. She hasn't less than a $1250 month, and April was over $1600. So, there's nothing wrong with reaching for the dangling carrot.

Totally off topic, but did you know Gallatians is spelt wrong on your signature!

mscharf said:
Totally off topic, but did you know Gallatians is spelt wrong on your signature!

Too funny! Thanks for noticing that, I'll fix it now. However, I get to then point out there's only one "l", too! :love:

mscharf said:

This is off topic too, but spelt should have been "spelled".

Liquid Sky said:
This is off topic too, but spelt should have been "spelled".

Unless Michelle is a transplanted Brit.

:D
pampchefsarah said:
Too funny! Thanks for noticing that, I'll fix it now. However, I get to then point out there's only one "l", too! :love:

too funny u r right :D

pampchefsarah said:

it wasn't rude - it was an honest question

pampchefsarah said:
Unless Michelle is a transplanted Brit.

LOL...yes true! ;)

pampered1224 said:
WOW! I don't think I have heard anyting so blantantly ridiculous in my life concerning PC. It is one thing to be excited about the "gifts" but to think that they need to WOO you into going. Truth is they could give a rats behind if you go on not! And if that is your attitude about why you should go, then I am with Linda and want to know why you even bother. Go do Mary Kay and get a car instead!

Yikes! This is seriously uncalled for. :thumbdown:

Becca, it appears that you might be a newbie, so you may not know about all of the great incentives we've received in the past at NC.Tote or Bag--They're usually like a soft-sided briefcase. Achievement Recognition--We get pins for various achievements, which can be worn as conversation starters.Add-Ons to Other Incentives--There have been additions to the June SAT, extras for the Cookware incentive, rewards for submitting 2 shows and attending NC, etc.Lunchtime Gifts--At lunch on the second day everyone gets a gift. The ones we get at the Career Club Luncheon are usually slightly better versions of the ones given to everyone else, but it's something nice.Opportunities to purchase-- We can get new paperwork (before anyone else has a chance), items from vendors, and surprise boxes.Add these things to the wealth of information available in the workshops and the emotional boost of rubbing elbows with all those other consultants, and I think they offer plenty of incentives.

Becca_in_MD said:
I'm spoiled, I know, but I want some incentives for attending conference. It's about time they start enticing us. I'm holding off on registering in the hopes that my one little registration will keep the numbers down and HO will feel the need to bribe us to go. I would LOVE the extra incentive trip points that Leadership attendees got. I know, they always give us goodies while we're there and have at times had a July show or submission incentive tied to attendance. I just want MORE, darn it!

Any guesses or hopes on what they might do?

Wow....just wow.

This is a job, not an entitlements package. I am so appreciative of everything that PC does for us and gives to us as we earn it. The incentives are for those who make the effort in their business - not to "bribe" us to do anything.

Wow! Quite the controversy started here! :DI think there are tons of benefits for going, knowledge and extra prizes and perks. And sometimes HO comes out with rewards after the fact. So if you don't go, you could miss out on those hidden rewards, if tangible rewards is what you are after.PC takes care of its consultants and rewards us so nicely. They dangle carrots all the time for us, too. If you are wanting to go, I'd sign up and go. I've yet to hear someone say it was a waste of their time and money.

Can I just say - HOLY COW folks!!!!!!! I just re-read this post, didn't think much of it the past few days.......but, did someone order the claws to come out????? Rae - you did a wonderful job pointing out that Becca appears to be new to PC and may not know about all of the goodies that they give us while at conference. I just mentioned it, but didn't elaborate like you did and that was awesome.
For all of the "other" folks that have posted such catty, nasty, and down-right mean comments to Becca - WHOA!!! Step back folks. There's no need to be so rude and "honest" as some have called it. Honesty can be shown with love. I ain't seein' a whole lot of lovin' in this post folks.
As for her tone of her post, I think if you re-read it, you will feel a bit of sarcasm and joking about in what she wrote.
Sheesh.

c00p said:
Can I just say - HOLY COW folks!!!!!!! I just re-read this post, didn't think much of it the past few days.......but, did someone order the claws to come out????? Rae - you did a wonderful job pointing out that Becca appears to be new to PC and may not know about all of the goodies that they give us while at conference. I just mentioned it, but didn't elaborate like you did and that was awesome.
For all of the "other" folks that have posted such catty, nasty, and down-right mean comments to Becca - WHOA!!! Step back folks. There's no need to be so rude and "honest" as some have called it. Honesty can be shown with love. I ain't seein' a whole lot of lovin' in this post folks.
As for her tone of her post, I think if you re-read it, you will feel a bit of sarcasm and joking about in what she wrote.
Sheesh.

Tone is a strange thing....I didn't see any sarcasm or joking...and it sounded to me like she is fully aware of the goodies - but is wanting even more. And in most of the other posts, I didn't think they were catty or nasty...I thought they were mostly posted out of shock and a desire to defend PC. Alot of new consultants are on here, and this kind of post sets a completely wrong tone. I don't want the consultants on my team thinking they should hold out for more...or that by withholding their registrations, PC will bribe them with more...I want them to be excited about the opportunity that PC is providing by attending conference.

I'm sorry - but if you post something like that on a public site, you are going to have people posting their disagreement.

ChefBeckyD said:
Tone is a strange thing....I didn't see any sarcasm or joking...and it sounded to me like she is fully aware of the goodies - but is wanting even more. And in most of the other posts, I didn't think they were catty or nasty...I thought they were mostly posted out of shock and a desire to defend PC. Alot of new consultants are on here, and this kind of post sets a completely wrong tone. I don't want the consultants on my team thinking they should hold out for more...or that by withholding their registrations, PC will bribe them with more...I want them to be excited about the opportunity that PC is providing by attending conference.

I'm sorry - but if you post something like that on a public site, you are going to have people posting their disagreement.

Becky I find you very supportive on this site and very helpful with your posts, everyone learns a lot from you. But I do disagree with you on this one.

I don't think any new person is going to be swayed into wanting more just by reading one person's post.

I also think that this is a very incentive driven business, no one can argue that. Just look at all the posts about totes, aprons, margarita machines.

Maybe she is getting carried away, hoping for something special to come up for conference, I don't know because as you mention, tone is hard over virtual communications...but I do think she was jumped on hard, and I doubt if she will return to this thread.

My opinion from reading the posts on this thread. YMMV

Can I just point out... from part of the training I received in my previous life as a Mary Kay consultant that some people are VERY incentive driven. They need to have prizes and special things as a motivator and that those people are usually VERY successful when there is a really good incentive. I think that probably describes our OP and I don't lthink it's a bad thing. Obviously HO knows and caters to this personality trype since they offer so many awesome incentives to us as consultants.

My incentive for going is different than what everyone else has mentioned. My main reason for attending is to get away from my own cluster and talk to as many other consultants that I can to get their ideas of doing this business better. I'd go even if they didn't give away anything.

ChefBeckyD said:

I agree with you Becky.

Chef Bobby said:
My incentive for going is different than what everyone else has mentioned. My main reason for attending is to get away from my own cluster and talk to as many other consultants that I can to get their ideas of doing this business better. I'd go even if they didn't give away anything.

While I absolutely love my cluster, the chance to talk with other consultants from all over is one of my favorite incentives, too.

I also want to point out that most incentives and extras they give at conference are usually planned way in advance. It's worth it to go for all they give us anyway.

wadesgirl said:
I also want to point out that most incentives and extras they give at conference are usually planned way in advance. It's worth it to go for all they give us anyway.

I agree. Last year someone from the HO said that they had just finished putting the 2009 spring catalogue together.

Just a thought, to elloborate on something another consultant said...

Each person is driven by something different. It is one of the beautiful "incentives" of being in this business. Each person will grow their business according to the things they want to see, do, achieve AND receive. I have two shows this month and I am getting the HWC Bag! I am thrilled. It is an extra on top of the commision I receive and really made me want to push! It might be the extra someone needs.

That said, I think greediness could be bad. I am certainly not accusing anyone of this but I do think that above all we need to remember that we are working with an EXCELLENT company. The things that they offer us already are amazing and hard to beat in the direct sales world. Just don't forget what you've got with PC.

And perhaps remembering that each consultant on this site is an individual and will have an opinion of their own might help. My fear for new consultants would be seeing the nasty attitudes bouncing around about everything and then deciding to forgo ChefSuccess as a valuable tool. Without it, I would be up chocolate creek sometimes!

Wow..........I've been out of the loop for a while and missed this but I don't think Becca meant anything by it. I think what she was saying was all the nice carrots that were dangled before leadership were very inticing. I knew that the likelihood of winning the lease on the car was seriously low but it did make leadership that much harder to turn down - which I still ended up doing for financial reasons and now a move may put me out of going to national conference too. I, too, had wondered where the "carrots" where when the last consultant news came. Not because I need them to offer me anything else but because I like to try and guess what they are going to come up with next. Hope you still decide to go. It really is a great opportunity.

Gee, I didn't know I was going to need body armor to post what was meant to be a fun thread of guessing what HO will come up with next. I have been to several Conferences and Leaderships. They're excellent opportunities. It is not a case of "do I go or not?" I worked hard to earn registration for free, the room is booked, just haven't gotten around to doing the registration.

Yes, HO has probably had everything planned for months, including when they tell us what. There's not a recruiting incentive every month but that doesn't mean you don't recruit those months. PC has a high overhead for running conference and it may be possible that there is a target number of attendees that they are trying to reach to make the per head expenses worthwhile. For Leadership they offered 3,000 trip points and gave away a car lease, among other more traditional offerings, to battle the difficult economic times. It is possible that these were the deciding factors for people who were on the fence about whether they should go or not. I believe it is possible there are people who are on the fence about attending conference - the expense, the time away from work, family logistics, etc. It's not a no-brainer for some people, especially if they have never been. Maybe there is something HO will do that will be the extra push. PC is an excellent company and it fascinates me with how they do things, from the Host and Guest Specials that help us in our business to the incentive programs that keep us going or rev us up. I could do a top 20 list, or more, or what I love about conference, down to the little doo-dads they give us during the trip recognition session (maybe mouse ears?).

We each have a different "why" we do PC and a key to recruiting is to realize that someone else's "why" may not be your "why." So you didn't get my tone. Is that a reason to suggest I hang up my apron? Sorry to disappoint you, but no, I'm not going to Mary Kay for the car. Didn't you notice that PC now offers a car incentive to execs and above? Why do you think PC does the TPC/Excellence Award program and the on-stage recognition? Some people want the jewelry, some the walk on stage, some both, some none. And why do you think PC does the recognition during conference? So that people who haven't achieved it desire it.

Feel free to take your Santokus to me. I'm going to enjoy my paycheck and keep working my business and enjoy whatever extras I can get. Oh, and if the Serve It Up Squad announces your name as a winner and you're not interested in any "extras", feel free to pass the prize on to me. My dad taught me never to turn down anything that is free.

Sayonara

Bravo! Incidentally.....what wave are you in?

Very well said Becca.......What wave are you in?

Becca - I have to say that I am glad to see that you did reply and address what all was said in this post. It got a little nuts in my opinion!! Oh, and I still haven't decided if I'm going to conference now either (originally I couldn't go b/c I was going to have foot surgery and now I'm not) that I can go and I did earn 1/2 price registration.......but there are other factors for me as well - like you pointed out.

Well, looks like Becca wasn't far off. you see the newswire yesterday?

New on Consultant's Corner This Week

The National Conference 2009 page has been updated to include two testimonials from Consultants who attended National Conference last year in Chicago.

Plus: Hold and submit two Shows in July and attend National Conference and you'll receive an exclusive promotional item available only to Conference attendees (see the June Consultant News for details). Register today!

They announce stuff quite often as it get's closer. It was not unexpected.

esavvymom said:
Well, looks like Becca wasn't far off. you see the newswire yesterday?

New on Consultant's Corner This Week

The National Conference 2009 page has been updated to include two testimonials from Consultants who attended National Conference last year in Chicago.

Plus: Hold and submit two Shows in July and attend National Conference and you'll receive an exclusive promotional item available only to Conference attendees (see the June Consultant News for details). Register today!

We always have a Conference Attendance incentive for July - for as long as I've been with PC, I can't remember a year without one.

WOW! Aren't we all full of opinions. Somehow I missed this post before.

Personally, I'm all about the "carrots". I love trying to reach them & sooo excited when I do. March it wasn't even company "carrots" I realized I could go beyond my highest month in sales & I did it! I was so proud of myself. My Dir. was too. I got a $50 spa gift card---which wasn't expected.

I'm hopeful that they announce a discount for 1st time attendees. I've got several new recruits that I'd love to go. $$$ is a huge factor for people, including my own family. I"m fortunate enough that I've been before & don't want to miss it---so the husband has no choice but to "let" me go. Those that haven't been....we can tell them the training is fantastic & how it will improve their biz, but when it comes down to spending the $ up front to go---well that takes some faith on their part that it will be worth it in the end.

Newbie here!

I am attending NC. Will the July shows need to be held and submitted before NC to get the "exclusive promotional item"? I absolutely love the PC incentives I have earned so far and want to earn as many as I can!! It is the cherry on top of my delicious PC sundae!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bump for answer to my question!!

Lifeat50 said:
Newbie here!

I am attending NC. Will the July shows need to be held and submitted before NC to get the "exclusive promotional item"? I absolutely love the PC incentives I have earned so far and want to earn as many as I can!! It is the cherry on top of my delicious PC sundae!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now it only says hold and submit in July so no... it does not need to be before conf. Usually the extra item will come with all the SAT items after conf.

etteluap70PC said:
Right now it only says hold and submit in July so no... it does not need to be before conf. Usually the extra item will come with all the SAT items after conf.

I was just going to answer this! Last year I did submit 2 before conference (even though it doesn't matter when), and it was even more exciting when they announced what the incentive was because I knew I had already earned it! I can't wait! :D

New this year and unable to attend NC due to conflict in family vacation, but do they do anything for those consultants who hold and submit in July and can't go to NC?

I know that going is an awesome opportunity and great way to build your business but there are some of us who just can't make it happen for one reason or another and so far I have achieved all of the 1-15th incentives and would like to continue earning those.
and Yes I am proud to say that I'm a "Greedy bitch" as I tease with my hubby and director. I love incentives ( they could be a $1 post it pack or $50,000 I go for it all with the same determination...why??? cuz I'm a greedy bitch lol!!!!!!)

No, you have to attend conference to get this particular incentive reward

Aunticooks said:
Yes I am proud to say that I'm a "Greedy bitch" as I tease with my hubby and director. I love incentives ( they could be a $1 post it pack or $50,000 I go for it all with the same determination...why??? cuz I'm a greedy bitch lol!!!!!!)

I love that you know who you are, and love even more that you don't apologize for it!

I am a newbie!!!
I think I am going to attend conference this year!!
What have the incentives been in the past?

Chefkelly88 said:
I am a newbie!!!
I think I am going to attend conference this year!!
What have the incentives been in the past?
My favorite one was when we got the extra points to buy the cookware with.

They've actually done the cookware points for 2 years now......I'm banking on a 3rd year because I have a feeling there will be some new pieces added to the open stock list!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • ardipc