1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Attend recruits' first show?

1. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

How many of you attend your recruits first shows as a support? I attend each of my recruits first shows. My role is to answer any questions as needed, I'm the third hand to get things needed as she's cooking, I help get bookings, and help close the show.

I want my recruits to be able to focus on the recipe and just be comfortable. My newest recruit has never been to a PC show, she was a vendor at a bridal fair I was at. Today she just scheduled her first show for next Thursday with her mom. Her mom is very supportive. She's giving small gifts to guests who attend and for those who book a show from her show. One problem. I just found out tonight that I got the house we've been looking at to rent and next Thursday I get the keys and a friend is only available with truck to help move that day.

I've called someone in my cluster that lives close, but she's unavailable. I just left a message with my director (who lives about an hour away). Any suggestions? My only other thought is to really coach her over the phone (she lives an hour from me too), my director can coach her too. I also thought about her watching a kitchen show live.

2. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

I've always left it up to my team members whether I attend their first show. About a quarter want the extra support, but most do fine without it. I personally just jumped into my first show solo. I remember how overwhelming it was, but you only have a first show once. The training videos are great and she will be with family...so she should be okay. (Hope this helped)

May 22, 2009
  3. diradt

diradt Member

I did my first show by myself but by choice. I just felt super-anxious for someone to see me "screw up" all over the place. LOL.

Coach her via phone and tell her....I just told my first recruit that you can count on something to go wrong--a question you can't answer etc. I cut the tip of finger off with the Santoku knife my first show....wrapped it in a paper towel, called on someone to cook for me and moved ahead. Like they say: The show must go on.......

May 22, 2009
  4. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

My HD does about 2 shows a week, soshe doesn't have time to attend her recruits' shows. She has them come observe one of hers. Do you have a show between now and then that she could come to?

May 22, 2009
  5. mscharf

mscharf Advanced Member

I like the idea of NOT going to their first show, let them get their feet wet first and then if they want some feedback go to a show. This way they can get into a bit of a grove and learn from themselves and then give some feedback!!

May 22, 2009
  6. cookie325

cookie325 Member

I did my very first show, having never been to a show myself, alone. I just watched the kitchen show live first. Personally, it would make me nervous to have my director or recruiter at my first show. That's just me though.

May 22, 2009
  7. merego

merego Senior Member

I did my first show alone and was fine with that, but I did go to my recruits 1st show, she did want me to be there.

May 22, 2009
  8. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

Thanks everyone. I will be available via phone if needed on questions, and my new recruit I feel will do great on her own. She's trying out the recipe this weekend and I think with my coaching her, she should do just fine. It is with family and it sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I don't have any shows coming up. With moving, it had been a crazy month.

9. PCJenni

PCJenni Veteran Member

I try to actually do their first show for them to get them the booking and recruit leads.

May 22, 2009
  10. teresah551393

teresah551393 Member

My recruiter attended my first show but I really didn't want anyone to attend. I wanted to do it myself. I offered my recruit the option but it depended on what I had on my calendar too.

Have something to add?