• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can you get mini pitas to stand up on a stone for Athenian Spinach Rounds?

In summary, Athenian Spinach Rounds are a popular and tasty appetizer that combines spinach, feta cheese, and other Mediterranean flavors in flaky phyllo dough. They are easy to prepare by layering the spinach mixture between phyllo dough, brushing with butter, and baking until crispy. These rounds can also be made ahead of time and frozen for later use. There are many variations that can be made, such as adding different types of cheese or protein. While traditionally made with phyllo dough, puff pastry or pre-made phyllo cups can also be used as a substitute.
pamperedkel
Has anyone made these? Is there a trick to get the mini pitas to stand up on the stone?

Kelly

Not sureUhmmm, the Athenian Spinach Rounds I've made uses refridgerated crescent rolls (sliced) as the base. I am not sure about the pita bread. Maybe the recipe is different in Canada.

They taste absolutely FABULOUS!!

123: I have made these before and yes, there is a trick to getting the mini pitas to stand up on the stone. Before placing them on the stone, lightly dampen the bottom of the pitas with water. This will help them stick to the stone and stand up straight. Also, make sure to arrange them close together so they can support each other. Hope that helps!

1. What are Athenian Spinach Rounds?

Athenian Spinach Rounds are a delicious and easy appetizer that feature a combination of spinach, feta cheese, and other Mediterranean-inspired ingredients wrapped in flaky phyllo dough.

2. How do I prepare Athenian Spinach Rounds?

Preparing Athenian Spinach Rounds is simple and quick. First, thaw the phyllo dough and chop the spinach. Then, mix the spinach with feta cheese, chopped onions, and other desired ingredients. Layer the phyllo dough with the spinach mixture, brush with melted butter, and bake in the oven until golden brown and crispy.

3. Can I make Athenian Spinach Rounds ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Athenian Spinach Rounds ahead of time. Prepare the rounds, cover them with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to bake. You can also freeze them for up to one month before baking. Just make sure to thaw them before baking.

4. What are some variations I can make with Athenian Spinach Rounds?

There are many variations you can make with Athenian Spinach Rounds. You can add different types of cheese, such as ricotta or goat cheese, or experiment with different herbs and spices. You can also add protein, such as chopped chicken or shrimp, to make the rounds a more substantial dish.

5. Can I use a different type of dough for Athenian Spinach Rounds?

While phyllo dough is traditionally used for Athenian Spinach Rounds, you can also use puff pastry for a slightly different texture. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly. You can also use pre-made phyllo cups for a quicker and easier version of the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Buttercup72
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Buttercup72
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedbecky
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies